Pages: 1 ... 2493 2494 2495 [2496] 2497 2498 2499 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5048844 times)
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #37425 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2022, 23:33:30 »

A good deterent to people driving like twats, or even just not paying full attention to driving, is to bring back the much maligned Droid/ Black Rat dyed in the wool, not really interested in anything else, shouldn't they be out catching burglars/ rapists/murderers Traffic Officer.

A bigger fleet of Traffic Cars, with the no nonsense officer within, stopping anything that moves that either isn't complying with the law or looks like it might be a bit ropey and not taking any shit from the driver.

Everyone who gets ticketed by them hates them with a passion but, look at the reaction of drivers who spot something that might be Old Bill.

When I head along the M4 towards or home from a game, every Highways Traffic Officer (Motorway PCSO) vehicle I see is preceeded by three lanes of brake lights on approaching vehicles.

Driving standards have decreased as the number of cops dedicated to roads policing has also dropped.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #37426 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2022, 09:12:57 »

Everyone who gets ticketed by them hates them with a passion but, look at the reaction of drivers who spot something that might be Old Bill.

Driving standards have decreased as the number of cops dedicated to roads policing has also dropped.

Do they, my only involvement with the old bill driving was once getting done by a camera, entirely my fault and entirely preventable if I had been not speeding (37 in a 30).

Second time was years back when I was pulled over for a dirty numberplate on the A40 at about 11.45 on a Friday night, it was obvious that the main reason for the pull was to see if I had been drinking, I hadn't so after a brief chat and him giving me a tissue to wipe numberplate off I popped. 
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #37427 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2022, 10:00:51 »

Do what they do here. Minor driving offences and parking offences the police take off your number plates for a period of time - usually 60 days. No fine, just major inconvenience.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #37428 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2022, 10:03:35 »

Do what they do here. Minor driving offences and parking offences the police take off your number plates for a period of time - usually 60 days. No fine, just major inconvenience.

Assume that means you can't technically use your vehicle in that case? Or if you do and you are caught driving without plates you get something more serious?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #37429 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2022, 11:26:28 »

Just pop out and get some more plates printed.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #37430 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2022, 13:53:08 »

Assume that means you can't technically use your vehicle in that case? Or if you do and you are caught driving without plates you get something more serious?
Yeah. Car is off the road for 60 days.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #37431 on: Friday, December 2, 2022, 15:38:01 »

Another good reason to be a UK dweller....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63838213
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #37432 on: Friday, December 2, 2022, 15:58:13 »

Some women think sex after marriage is a crime.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #37433 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2022, 10:48:39 »

Colchester away on New Years Day surely the EFL can show some compassion for supporters and arrange fixtures more local.

So, give no fucks
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #37434 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2022, 10:59:51 »

Quite bizarre  Huh?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63885028
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #37435 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2022, 11:14:03 »

Colchester away on New Years Day surely the EFL can show some compassion for supporters and arrange fixtures more local.

Looking at the Boxing Day and New Years Day fixtures it looks they are done 'regionally', with teams that play at home on Boxing Day away on NYD and vice versa. (haven't checked EVERY fixture to see if that's accurate) All of the 'Southern' teams look to be playing other 'Southern' teams on both dates and the same up north.

I think the 'Southern' bit is Swindon, Colchester, Sutton, Wimbledon, Newport, Crawley, Northampton, Orient, Stevenage and Gillingham.

I am not really sure the fixture computer could have done too much more really.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #37436 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2022, 11:21:12 »

Looking at the Boxing Day and New Years Day fixtures it looks they are done 'regionally', with teams that play at home on Boxing Day away on NYD and vice versa. (haven't checked EVERY fixture to see if that's accurate) All of the 'Southern' teams look to be playing other 'Southern' teams on both dates and the same up north.

I think the 'Southern' bit is Swindon, Colchester, Sutton, Wimbledon, Newport, Crawley, Northampton, Orient, Stevenage and Gillingham.

I am not really sure the fixture computer could have done too much more really.

Plenty of closer teams in that list Bob but probably too complex to keep everyone happy.

So, give no fucks
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #37437 on: Thursday, December 8, 2022, 06:28:37 »

Set my alarm early this morning to image the moon occulting Mars.
Prior Planning and preparation prevents a piss poor performance however.
My rig is on a permanent pier but the location meant a neighbours house was in the way.
Unhitched the mount and shoved it on a tripod where I could see the moon but needed to polar align to image properly.
By the time I had done that, mars was behind the moon.
I decided to wait for it to reappear but realised the neighbour was going to be in the way again so moved again.
Polar aligned again and waited- only for the moon to disappear behind the neighbours roof again Angry
Bugger!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #37438 on: Thursday, December 8, 2022, 07:21:13 »

My rig is on a permanent pier but the location meant a neighbours house was in the way.
Unhitched the mount and shoved it on a tripod where I could see the moon but needed to polar align to image properly.
I decided to wait for it to reappear but realised the neighbour was going to be in the way again so moved again.
Polar aligned again and waited- only for the moon to disappear behind the neighbours roof again Angry
Bugger!

So the only moon pic you got was your neighbours hairy arse when bent over to pick up his pants?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #37439 on: Thursday, December 8, 2022, 08:22:40 »

Bugger!

It will be of absolutely no consolation to you but I had a beautiful view of the moon out of our bedroom window about 7:30 this morning, my vision was unimpaired. Sadly my camera phone really does not do the whole beauty of it justice. Not sure I saw Mars, but I wasn't looking for it!

Pages: 1 ... 2493 2494 2495 [2496] 2497 2498 2499 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: