Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: France Vs Rep of Ireland  (Read 20673 times)
nochee

« Reply #135 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 21:34:53 »

That interview with Keano was quality Smiley

YES  Grin
Barry Scott

« Reply #136 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 21:38:42 »

Some sort of move needs to be made to let technology help decide in these matters.

I would support a system like tennis, where players get 3 appeals to Hawkeye. If, in a game of football, team captains could have 3 appeals against decisions it could have a number of positive effects - it would give the ref some support and it could also stop players crowding the ref. It could also prevent diving, as players would know that the opposition could ask for TV adjudication during the match.
I like that Wiggy, that'd be good because 3 chances of appeal would likely still keep enough controversy to really get wound up post match. I'm semi-against video refs and replays, but if you get only 3 appeals you could imagine the crowd being on tenterhooks several times at every game. Could be good.
nochee

« Reply #137 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 21:42:40 »

Some sort of move needs to be made to let technology help decide in these matters.

I would support a system like tennis, where players get 3 appeals to Hawkeye. If, in a game of football, team captains could have 3 appeals against decisions it could have a number of positive effects - it would give the ref some support and it could also stop players crowding the ref. It could also prevent diving, as players would know that the opposition could ask for TV adjudication during the match.

I personally wouldnt want any video replay of any kind bought into the game, these kind of incidents make football what it is. Big talking points/arguments make the game fun for any neutral, great for any decision winning side and shit for the victims, but that is a part of the game that we all love and it could go anyway for any team. If anything was to be done about things like this then the FA or FIFA should take matters into account after the game, passing on punishments to the cheating player.
Barry Scott

« Reply #138 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 21:45:20 »

Just watched the Roy Keane interview. That's actually surprisingly good viewing. Love it when the phone rings. Cheesy
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 22:10:41 »

We don't need video replays. What we do need is;
- more officials on the pitch, five or possibly more in high profile games.
- goal line technology, that sends an automatic signal to the referee when the ball crosses the goal line.
- harsh penalties issued post match for any player that cheats or deceives the referee in any way (diving, handball, feigning injury etc).

At the same time we need to clamp down on dissent. Allow the captain and vice captain to approach the referee and discuss decisions, with an instant booking for any other player approaching the referee without being called.

None of this is rocket science and could be quickly and easily implemented, if we didn't have a bunch of cunts running the game.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 22:15:27 »

NO WE DO NOT

Football has worked fucking fine for 100+ years. We don't need fucking change. The 'hard luck' factor is what makes football great.

Its only a game. People seem to forget that

Things get better but they never get good
nochee

« Reply #141 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 22:24:18 »

NO WE DO NOT

Football has worked fucking fine for 100+ years. We don't need fucking change. The 'hard luck' factor is what makes football great.

Its not now though, is it. Its money!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 22:24:41 »

Fuck football then

Things get better but they never get good
nochee

« Reply #143 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 22:28:20 »

Fuck football then
I'd rather do Lily Allen
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 22:44:03 »

As was argued extensively a few months ago, where are these officials going to come from given that we complain about the ones we already have?!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 22:51:48 »

NO WE DO NOT

That's rubbish, the game and especially the rules have been changed countless times over the years and mainly for the better. If the rules hadn't been changed we'd still have outfield players catching the ball and there wouldn't be a cross bar.

Obviously there needs to be a balance and getting rid of all the questionable decisions would be bad. But I don't see any problem with goal line technology and more officials. Video replays would be a bad thing though.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, November 21, 2009, 00:19:36 »

That's rubbish, the game and especially the rules have been changed countless times over the years and mainly for the better. If the rules hadn't been changed we'd still have outfield players catching the ball and there wouldn't be a cross bar.

Obviously there needs to be a balance and getting rid of all the questionable decisions would be bad. But I don't see any problem with goal line technology and more officials. Video replays would be a bad thing though.

Don't agree, so long as its use is capped to each team having just 3 challenges.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, November 21, 2009, 01:39:32 »

- goal line technology, that sends an automatic signal to the referee when the ball crosses the goal line.
- harsh penalties issued post match for any player that cheats or deceives the referee in any way (diving, handball, feigning injury etc).

At the same time we need to clamp down on dissent. Allow the captain and vice captain to approach the referee and discuss decisions, with an instant booking for any other player approaching the referee without being called.

None of this is rocket science and could be quickly and easily implemented, if we didn't have a bunch of cunts running the game.

They have all of that in the NHL, and even the English Ice Hockey leagues and it works a treat. Also an 'official' clock that stops when the ref blows his whistle and starts when he blows it again, to stop this fucking stupid added on time rule which is probably the most retarded law football has.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #148 on: Saturday, November 21, 2009, 07:50:49 »

http://www.jeu-de-main.com/
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #149 on: Sunday, November 22, 2009, 06:19:31 »

http://www.unitedrant.co.uk/?p=4332
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: