Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: France Vs Rep of Ireland  (Read 20568 times)
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 22:09:35 »

I don't know. It was a question, not a joke.......
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 22:40:26 »

Someone's just told me it 'Handles in the win'. Groan........
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Monday, November 30, 2009, 12:04:21 »

Just give it up Ireland. Are they taking advice from Sheffield Utd on how to drag a situation out?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8386207.stm

Page last updated at 11:33 GMT, Monday, 30 November 2009
E-mail this to a friend    Printable version
Republic of Ireland ask for extra 2010 World Cup place
The Republic of Ireland players remonstrate with the referee after William Gallas' goal
The Republic players remonstrate with the referee after Gallas's goal

Fifa's Sepp Blatter has revealed the Republic of Ireland have requested a spot in the 2010 World Cup finals as an extra team after their play-off defeat.

The Republic lost to an extra-time goal against France when Thierry Henry handled the ball during the build-up.

"I will bring it to the attention of the Executive Committee," said Blatter.

The president of football's world governing body added that goal-line technology and extra referees would be considered for the South Africa finals.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Monday, November 30, 2009, 12:06:21 »

"I will bring it to the attention of the Executive Committee, should be a laugh" said Blatter

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Monday, November 30, 2009, 12:13:48 »

this is, with blatter involved anything is possible.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #170 on: Monday, November 30, 2009, 12:19:35 »

Surely there are countless examples of nations cruelly denied a win or draw throughout the qualifiers so what gives Irish the right to assume that they would have gone on to win that game?

It's embarressing if I'm honest. I've no problems with the Irish and it was an atrociously bad decision but this is a joke.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Monday, November 30, 2009, 12:21:45 »

It's embarressing if I'm honest. I've no problems with the Irish and it was an atrociously bad decision but this is a joke.

Fully agree. It's like us asking FIFA to make us joint winners in '86 after we were cheated by Maradon's handball.

FAI..just get over it.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Monday, November 30, 2009, 12:47:58 »

Great interview with Roy Keane, no nonsense as usual, what a legend Smiley

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/8370327.stm
Spencer_White

« Reply #173 on: Monday, November 30, 2009, 12:51:59 »

They were denied a chance of going via penalties. They had never earned the right to go to the World Cup at any point during the 2 games.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Monday, November 30, 2009, 15:48:32 »

Also, what about in '93 when Koeman should've been sent off in the qualifier against the Dutch after bringing down Platt? Did England ask to be made to be the '33rd team' despite Koeman then scoring the first goal, which eventually saw us eliminated ? No.

After castigating the German ref for a few months, we moved on.

One thing it did do was get rid of Graham Taylor as manager, though.

BAZINGA !!

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Monday, November 30, 2009, 15:51:22 »

I can't even figure out how adding a 33rd team would work. I guess it would mean a 5 team group which would really fuck the group stage up. Even less chance of this happening than them getting replay.

They really need to let this go, they're just making themselves look a right bunch of twats.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 14:49:19 »

Surprise, surprise. FIFA say no :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8388671.stm

BAZINGA !!

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 15:42:53 »

As I read it the Irish weren't serious about the proposal, more trying to tease a professional response out of FIFA on how cheating can be stamped on in the future. Not that it can.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 17:09:41 »

As much as it pains me to say it, Blatter actually talked a lot of sense in his press conference the other day. He sounded serious about stamping out cheating (diving, handball, something else I can't remember) and about improving decision making with extra assistants, goal line technology and so on.

Big question is whether they will actually do anything or not. I can't see anything negative with the extra assistants behind the goal, I'm not convinced its the ideal solution or even the best place for them, but it can only be an improvement. No reason for them not putting them in place for the World Cup either.

FIFA have said they'll be discussing disciplinary action against Henry. I still think this is the best route to tackle cheating - after the game with video evidence, punishing the player with a substantial match ban. If Henry gets a 3 game ban, ruling him out of the group stages of the World Cup, the next time he's in a similar position he'll be sprinting over to the ref to correct the decision.

During a game, even a blatant dive shouldn't be penalised with a free kick or a card. Its often impossible for a ref to make the correct decision and far too many players are getting cards they don't deserve as a result. Not getting a penalty when you should is bad enough, getting a card on top is just stupid.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 18:37:46 »

Also, what about in '93 when Koeman should've been sent off in the qualifier against the Dutch after bringing down Platt? Did England ask to be made to be the '33rd team' despite Koeman then scoring the first goal, which eventually saw us eliminated ? No.

After castigating the German ref for a few months, we moved on.

One thing it did do was get rid of Graham Taylor as manager, though.

I think the World Cup had 24 teams back then...if we'd have got in at 33 it would've fucked up the draw big time. (Sorry).

Oh, and I don't know how goal line technology would have helped the linesman spot the offside before the handball.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: