Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: France Vs Rep of Ireland  (Read 20678 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #150 on: Sunday, November 22, 2009, 08:28:44 »

The linesman should have flagged for offside and flagged for 2 handballs.

Any TV replays are giving more benefit to the people on TV to the detriment of those at the ground. I think TV replays have ruined cricket. All the spontenaity is taken out of it.

Its a game, its played by people, people make mistakes. This is the problem with people trying to view it as a business. Its not, its a sport. You cant sue the linesman because he made a mistake.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Monday, November 23, 2009, 16:56:39 »

Henry really is a complete and utter cunt. He's now come out saying he considered retiring from international football after the Ireland game, as he felt so bad and felt totally let down by the French FA.

You deserve to feel bad, you cheating French piece of fucking shit.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Monday, November 23, 2009, 17:38:21 »

Agreed, he's a massive cock.

From the Spoiler:

Ever since he decided to illegally smear his warm hands all over a football during a hugely important World Cup qualifier, Thierry Henry has been desperately attempting to convince the world that, seriously, he’s just a man… albeit one who is standing arrogantly in the middle of a football pitch, demanding that the crowds adore him.

His winning-you-back techniques so far have included: consoling the Irish players by sitting with them on the pitch after the match, feigning world class sympathy. Joining the Twitter generation to tweet about how gutted he is about the time that he deliberately handled a football, then pretended that he hadn’t. Then finally demanding a replay, a few tactical hours after FIFA had rejected the idea. Oh, and now he’s been caught sniveling through an interview in L’Equipe.

The shamed French captain kicked things off by insisting that he would probably have retired from international footie, were he not such a fighter, believing that - in time - people will forgive him for practically catching the ball and throwing it onto William Gallas’ outstretched foot. He further explained his feelings of “abandonment”, and being “truly alone”, for a few days after the match.

“I should not have done it,” he said, in a moment of touching football honesty… “but frankly, it was uncontrollable”.

Ahh darn it! Just as we were mustering an ounce of sympathy.

Tosser.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #153 on: Monday, November 23, 2009, 20:23:03 »

Henry really is a complete and utter cunt. He's now come out saying he considered retiring from international football after the Ireland game, as he felt so bad and felt totally let down by the French FA.

You deserve to feel bad, you cheating French piece of fucking shit.
Yeh, well I considered having 15 pints, a curry and shagging Miss World. I've also considered what I'd do if Town ever won the European Cup. Then I considered that it didn't actually give a fuck what I considered but it did mattter what I actually did - which was fuck all.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Monday, November 23, 2009, 21:52:04 »

Leave him alone if he was an englishman we'd be right up his arse now

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #155 on: Monday, November 23, 2009, 22:39:54 »

It was offside anyway, even before Henry touched it.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Monday, November 23, 2009, 22:51:26 »

Doesnt take away from the fact that he's an insincere prick trying to fool people with token efforts at redeeming his name.
Doore

« Reply #157 on: Monday, November 23, 2009, 23:17:42 »

Where is the line drawn though?  Michael Owen, 1998 v Argentina for the 1-1 penalty - that is a clear dive.  How many of us complained?  If we had gone on to win that game, would we think it needs to be replayed?  Has his reputation suffered because of it?

I'm not condoning it - but Thierry Henry is far from the only top class footballer to cheat.  To make the issue more local - I stood up and cheered like a maniac every time O'Halloran converted a penalty that Sabin won - and I've never felt a trace of guilt for doing so.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Monday, November 23, 2009, 23:36:27 »

Where is the line drawn though?  Michael Owen, 1998 v Argentina for the 1-1 penalty - that is a clear dive.  How many of us complained?  If we had gone on to win that game, would we think it needs to be replayed?  Has his reputation suffered because of it?

I'm not condoning it - but Thierry Henry is far from the only top class footballer to cheat.  To make the issue more local - I stood up and cheered like a maniac every time O'Halloran converted a penalty that Sabin won - and I've never felt a trace of guilt for doing so.

Owen didn't dive, admittedly he played for it but the defender stuck his leg out and there was contact.

I guess part of the thing with Henry though is that it was such a high profile match and the whole cheating thing has been getting bigger and bigger recently - especially due to the Eduardo incident. So its kind of the icing on the cake and the shit hit the fan as a result. Maybe it could be a good thing and they'll actually clamp down on the cheaters.
Barry Scott

« Reply #159 on: Monday, November 23, 2009, 23:59:14 »

especially due to the Eduardo incident.

What's Eduardo's leg break got to do with Henry's handball?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 00:08:08 »

What's Eduardo's leg break got to do with Henry's handball?

Absolutely nothing.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 00:44:52 »

Both parts of the body doing something they shouldn't?
Barry Scott

« Reply #162 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 12:14:47 »

Absolutely nothing.

As you probably guessed that was probably the shitest attempt at fishing ever.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 22:03:17 »

What is Thierry Henry's favorite Elton John song?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 22:05:03 »

I don't know, what is Thierry Henry's favorite Elton John song?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: