Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: France Vs Rep of Ireland  (Read 20774 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 20:32:15 »

probably been said allready but it a shame what happened, its never a nice thing for it to happen to your team but no way shuold it be replayed, if they allow it to be replaced, we'll have every team asking for replays.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #121 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 20:35:27 »

Althuogh I support England I'm half Bog Wog. There's no doubt it was a massive fuck up by the officials but nothing will get changed by it. The offside was a difficult call. The cheese eating surrender monkeys should be ashamed but the lure of money and SA will more than compensate.
I thikn Henry has been the best player I have ever seen in English football but if FIFA had any balls they would ban him from the World Cup and make him accountable for his actions.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 22:01:33 »

Oh, and apparently the Irish FA are formally asking for a replay. But the refs decision is final so a futile thing to do.Though I suppose it is being done out of principle rather than expectation.
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 22:12:54 by Batch » Logged
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 22:38:07 »

The great Tony O'Cascarino who played for the Republic, scored 19 goals and played in 2 World Cup and 1 European Championship finals.

in his own words:

"Henry is an insincere cheat" (Ireland fail to qualify)

"I didn't qualify for Ireland. I was a fraud. A fake Irishman" (Ireland qualify)

Once a Gill, always a hypocrite

flammableBen

« Reply #124 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 01:15:52 »

I reckon it depends on whether the French FA agree to a replay, if they do then I don't see a problem with FIFA agreeing to it. But, FIFA making the decision would be dangerous and I can't see them doing it.

I do. Giving the French the opportunity to decide on a replay means that they could be under political pressure to do so. Yeah the Irish aren't exactly a super-power, but do you start replaying games for every bad decision when a country can exert pressure?
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 07:52:44 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8369379.stm

this cheeky chappy (cheif of FAI) thinks that the game should be replayed as one team should have gone through and it wasn't france. i'm not sure he knows that the game should have gone to penalties and ireland weren't a stick on to go through

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 08:32:57 »

Fifa have told Ireland to sod off regarding a replay.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 10:39:31 »

I feel sorry for the Irish, but they're making this bigger than the Maradona incident in '86. The 'Hand Of God' was an absolute disgrace, and in a WC quarter-final as well. As people have said the Irish should've killed the game of in normal time, as there was only oneteam in extra-time, as the Irish seemed knackered.

But due to the fact that Blatter and Platini, have gone quiet, especially as they both normally like being in front of a TV camera, that the conspiracy will continue, even tough I do have sympathy in regards to 'seeding' of the draw,but they might have drawn each other anyway.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 13:55:23 »

See Roy Keane's put the boot into the Irish on this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8370327.stm

And he's right. But it shouldn't detract from what is, after all, a splendid opportunity to excoriate the entire French nation
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 16:31:06 »

That interview with Keano was quality Smiley

Theyd never get a replay anyway, Platini and Blatter innit
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 16:40:08 »

But due to the fact that Blatter and Platini, have gone quiet, especially as they both normally like being in front of a TV camera, that the conspiracy will continue, even tough I do have sympathy in regards to 'seeding' of the draw,but they might have drawn each other anyway.

This is the worst part of it for me - Blatter / FIFA and Platini / UEFA being silent over the whole affair, other than issuing statements repeating the laws of the game. Most of the time they can't keep their mouths shut, especially when it comes to cheating, yet suddenly they've got nothing to say.

If that play off match had been England against France, and it had been Rooney's "hand of god" that put England through would they be so silent about it? Would the suggestion of a replay be ignored and disregarded so quickly?

I doubt it. Most likely a replay would already have been arranged and Rooney would have already been charged and banned. They are nothing more than hypocritical, two faced, cunts. They both go on about the damage the Premier League has caused, but those two and the organisations they front have done far, far more to damage the game than the Premier League ever will.
land_of_bo

« Reply #131 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 16:59:29 »

They invinted Gaelic football, they should be appluaded Theirry's skill.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 18:25:02 »

Its only Ireland for fucks sake.All players cheat,its just about who the latest victims are.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 18:48:51 »

If that play off match had been England against France, and it had been Rooney's "hand of god" that put England through would they be so silent about it? Would the suggestion of a replay be ignored and disregarded so quickly?

I doubt it. Most likely a replay would already have been arranged and Rooney would have already been charged and banned. They are nothing more than hypocritical, two faced, cunts. They both go on about the damage the Premier League has caused, but those two and the organisations they front have done far, far more to damage the game than the Premier League ever will.

Fully agree Jonny.FIFA's motto is 'For the good of the game', but they are one of the most corrupt organisations in the game. Just read any Andrew Jennings book, but especialy 'Foul!' and have a look at the following website http://www.transparencyinsport.org/.

And Platini goes on about English clubs with high debts, but goes quiet as soon as Real Madrid, who has an estimated £500m debt, goes on a £250m spending spree, and despite having rules about being financially solvent in Germany, it didn't stop Borussia Dortmund racking up debts of Eur 130m, and nearly went bankrupt in 2005 (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4274377.stm ).

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 21:25:23 »

Some sort of move needs to be made to let technology help decide in these matters.

I would support a system like tennis, where players get 3 appeals to Hawkeye. If, in a game of football, team captains could have 3 appeals against decisions it could have a number of positive effects - it would give the ref some support and it could also stop players crowding the ref. It could also prevent diving, as players would know that the opposition could ask for TV adjudication during the match.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: