Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: France Vs Rep of Ireland  (Read 20767 times)
Div

« Reply #90 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 13:58:16 »

It all seems to be discussion about Anelka. For me the real discussion to be had is about refereing (sp).

I forgot that the referees make the game shit, not the players themselves.

comments like that iare why this country is short of referees - one decision we don't agree with suddenly makes the whole refereeing job impossible. what would the game be like without referees? Last nights ref did everything right. Referee (and assistants) have to see an infringement to be able to give free-kicks (i thought that would have been obvious), but in a crowded 18 yard box, with the ball to the 'blind' side of the player, he hasn't got very good chances to see it. Think of our game at Tranmere, i nearly started to cry because JFL punched the ball in the box, nobody mentioned a thing though.

Were we all laughing when UEFA decided to trial the 2 extra officials...i bet ireland would have wanted them there last night. the standard of refereeing (generally) is good, but players are aware of the areas where referees find it difficult to spot things, and they play for it.

Fair game if they get away with it.

« Last Edit: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 14:00:31 by Div » Logged
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 14:00:38 »

It wouldn't have come to this though really if FIFA & UEFA hadn't got together and decided that had better do something to help out the likes of France, Portugal etc who are big countries and who may not be at the world cup and changing the seeding for the play-off's so it meant that the smaller nations would have to meet one of the bigger nations.

But I suppose it has been reported that corruption is rife within fifa.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 14:05:37 »

I don't think the ref takes any blame at all for missing the handball as there is no way he could have seen it as his view was blocked. The linesman on the other hand should have seen it as his view wasn't blocked and it happened exactly where he should have been looking at the time.

Interesting that the Swedish press (where the officials are from) are up in arms about it as well, with one paper saying the officials should never be allowed to work an international match again.
santasdead

« Reply #93 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 14:09:13 »

Cheesy
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 14:09:45 »

ref's view was blocked? then he should have been in a better position. That's no excuse.
Barry Scott

« Reply #95 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 14:11:44 »

didn't watch the game but had it on the radio.the way people were going on about it you would have thought henry threw the ball in the net,and deserved to hang for his crime.
having seen the goal it was blatant handball.but a hand ball every footballer has done in reaction at one time or another.to say he is a cheat and has ruined his reputation etc is absolute madness.the goal shouldn't have stood, but nobody would say "oh excuse me ref but can you chalk that goal off as i handled it in the build up"
i wanted ireland to win and they have been robbed,but it happens.it has historically and it will again.

Couldn't have said it better myself. (Apart from the last line, as i'd rather France won than Ireland.)

When i saw it i found the issues people are taking with Henry ludicrous. It's not even in the same ballpark as Maradona.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 14:12:00 »

Goodnight and God Bless

Ace
Barry Scott

« Reply #97 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 14:18:28 »

http://www.youtube.com/v/ty5vgjMOsAI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0

Cheesy

That's hilarious. I'm actually embarrassed for him and his excessive annoyance. I suppose it'd be no differnet if it happened to us, but it didn't. Ah well, at least he's putting the stolen video camera to good use.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 14:34:54 »

i reckon it's the best thing to happen in football for a long time. i don't mean the result, i mean the effect it's had = very entertaining

excellent article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2009/nov/19/thierry-henry-handball-france-ireland
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 14:55:15 »

I don't understand why video refs aren't seriously considered.

In an ice hockey game last week (pittsburgh penguins against the dallas stars, I think) the puck was shot into the net. The goal judge, referee and line judge failed to spot it, so play continued for 2 minutes. At the next break in play the video referee reviewed the previous play, the goal was given and the game clock reset to the time the goal was scored.

However, last night a similar turn of events took place between the detroit redwings and the dallas stars, the play wasn't reviewed so the goal wasn't given.

Who knows!

Div

« Reply #100 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 15:04:08 »

ref's view was blocked? then he should have been in a better position. That's no excuse.

in which case the referee needs to be in all places at once, and must tell players not to run across his line of sight. Maybe players shouldn't be allowed to run at all, so that the referee has more of an advantage to see things.

I suggest you referee some games before you start talking about a referees positioning - he's never going to see everything in the game because of the players contesting for the ball, or racing back to help out.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #101 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 15:09:40 »

in which case the referee needs to be in all places at once, and must tell players not to run across his line of sight. Maybe players shouldn't be allowed to run at all, so that the referee has more of an advantage to see things.

I suggest you referee some games before you start talking about a referees positioning - he's never going to see everything in the game because of the players contesting for the ball, or racing back to help out.

Are you always this aggressive?
flammableBen

« Reply #102 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 15:19:43 »

Yeah, France cheated. Henry is a cunt. There shouldn't be a replay. Don't care if he gets a suspension or something. No there shouldn't be video refs.

I'm always right. You are all gayzors.
flammableBen

« Reply #103 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 15:21:58 »

Oh yeah, I just had an awesome afternoon nap. Take that society.

Time for lunch.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 15:26:26 »

Incidents like this is what makes football ace. Its not perfect, its contraversial and its unfair.

Football would be crap if it was perfect.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: