Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: France Vs Rep of Ireland  (Read 20696 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2009, 23:12:37 »

oh tans, you're so controversial! you just don't give a fuck! you wacky fellow you

flammableBen

« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2009, 23:17:04 »

Yes, but by not pissing ourselves we become better than the Irish.

Irish is the only non-English identity which is obvious in my family tree. It's nice to have an extra. Also my granddad was a really interesting bloke, I'm pretty sure I've gone into him being a Catholic Priest before.
Barry Scott

« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2009, 23:19:03 »

This man speaketh sense. They would be pissing themselves if it happened to us.

Exactly d'Artagnan. That's why it's funny. But Ben is right. We're better than that. Cheesy
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2009, 23:22:12 »

Nah, surely not Smiley
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 08:02:52 »

I'll bet we don't hear too much from Platini on this.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 10:05:39 »

I'm with Sonic Youth on this one, football's becoming more of a joke by the week. It's embarassing. I don't really give a shit re: the outcome, although I'd rather see Ireland there than France. What fucks me off is I'll have the kids team I coach all handballing it later, thinking that can get away with it.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 12:39:53 »

The BBC are live-blogging this. I think that's taking it a bit far.
lambourn red

« Reply #82 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 12:45:45 »

I can remember when all the other home nations including the paddy's were pissing themselves laughing when Maradona did the hand of god in 1986 I say what comes around goes around.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #83 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 12:47:07 »

It all seems to be discussion about Anelka. For me the real discussion to be had is about refereing (sp).
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 13:05:41 »

I guess I'm one of the few English people that always wants Ireland and the other home nations to do well, except for when they're playing us of course. We've all got a lot in common, most of their players are in the English leagues so why wouldn't I support them? Though I don't really give a toss if they lose.

Some people are talking about holding a replay, that will never happen. But they really do need to do something about the cheating. Surely Henry should be brought up on the same charges as Eduardo and given a lengthy international ban?

One of the Ireland players said the ref should have asked Henry what happened. I like that idea. Give the player a chance to come clean at the time, if he does then there should be no punishment and if he doesn't through the book at him after the game. A bit of honesty from players would do a lot to improve the game.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 13:11:08 »

I guess I'm one of the few English people that always wants Ireland and the other home nations to do well, except for when they're playing us of course. 

I think a lot of English people think that way, but it does seem to be rather one way.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 13:41:32 »

I guess I'm one of the few English people that always wants Ireland and the other home nations to do well, except for when they're playing us of course.
No me too. Although it doesn't stop me laughing at them when they fuck up.

Some people are talking about holding a replay, that will never happen. But they really do need to do something about the cheating.
Yes, they should ban France. Not the football team, the whole nation. The UN Security Council should pass an immediate resolution outlawing the whole concept of France.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 13:43:51 »

Yes, they should ban France. Not the football team, the whole nation. The UN Security Council should pass an immediate resolution outlawing the whole concept of France.

I'd propose that the notion of 'France' is reduced to 'Cheese and Wine Party'

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 13:46:09 »

France should be rebranded as "South England" as punishment.

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 13:55:44 »

didn't watch the game but had it on the radio.the way people were going on about it you would have thought henry threw the ball in the net,and deserved to hang for his crime.
having seen the goal it was blatant handball.but a hand ball every footballer has done in reaction at one time or another.to say he is a cheat and has ruined his reputation etc is absolute madness.the goal shouldn't have stood, but nobody would say "oh excuse me ref but can you chalk that goal off as i handled it in the build up"
i wanted ireland to win and they have been robbed,but it happens.it has historically and it will again.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: