Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon's best goals ever  (Read 17447 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, October 16, 2021, 15:11:24 »

Ah, I remember that cracking goal

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, October 16, 2021, 16:27:02 »

Duncan Shearer’s first league goal, away to Watford, was a belter too.

Many of his goals were belters!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, October 16, 2021, 16:29:22 »

Fjortoft v Millwall
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 07:10:32 »

Joe Butler's 30 yarder against Millwall away. December 1972. Stood in the Cold Blow Lane End that day and survived !!!

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 09:51:25 »

Anyone remember Royce Brownlie’s last minute winner against Barnet? That was a corker!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 10:19:19 »

Anyone remember Royce Brownlie’s last minute winner against Barnet? That was a corker!
Yep,in the Town End that night. Howitzer of a goal

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 11:30:21 »

Quote from: Quagmire

yeah, that was a good one!
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 09:55:40 »

Thinking about it - Charlie Henry 80+ minute goal vs Gillingham in the Div 3 play off final second leg in 1987.

Lashed it in to the Stratton Bank end goal from the edge of the area (after we had missed 50 million chance in the match) to force a replay at Selhurst Park.

(I'm sure we had chances to win it after that too. I remember being disappointed as I didn't realise that away goals didn't count as double and I thought we had lost).
Their goal was a belter that night too. Yes I remember we could have won it after that, they were shattered after thinking they'd done the job. I knew it was going to a replay but I gather there were those in the crowd who thought we'd lost on away goals and others expecting extra time!
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 10:02:48 »

I was one of those expecting extra time, although I did know away goals weren’t a factor.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 11:45:11 »

I was one of those expecting extra time, although I did know away goals weren’t a factor.

I was expecting extra time, after which away goals would count.
Not that it would have mattered because being Lou’s team we’d have battered them in ET
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 20:50:52 »

Don't think away goals have ever counted in the play offs otherwise we would have beaten Brighton and Brentford in the play offs.
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 21:31:43 »

Don't think away goals have ever counted in the play offs otherwise we would have beaten Brighton and Brentford in the play offs.

They did but the rule was abolished sometime before we played Brighton in 2004. They'd also been experimenting with Silver Goal and Golden Goal in previous years, both of which would have also seen us progress.

I'm not bitter and have pretty much forgotten it.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 21:32:49 »

Bizarrely, they did count in the semi finals of the play offs for the 86-87 season. Gillingham beat Sunderland 3-2 at home in the first leg, Sunderland won the 2nd leg 4-3 at home, so 6-6 on aggregate and Gillingham got through on the away goals rule. Why they had that rule for the semi-finals and not the final who knows, but thank goodness they didn't.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 21:51:23 »

i very much enjoyed roberts half way line goal vs tranmere when we had Fabrizio Piccareta as manager.... Head Hurts

one of the most surreal town games i have ever been to and was a brilliant game.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 18, 2021, 21:59:43 by singingiiiffy » Logged
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 21:59:19 »

Here is another to decipher. we scored a 40 yard freekick against someone id like to say wrexham. the ball was closer to touchline and everyone was expecting a swinging cross to everyone waiting on the far side of the box. Instead the player went straight to the near post.

Thats all the info i remember! Was quite an old player.  Hmmm i keep wanting to say the name paul but just can't think who it was!

EDIT* 40 yards swindon town google search. PAUL EVANS! that was a screamer
« Last Edit: Monday, October 18, 2021, 22:02:10 by singingiiiffy » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: