Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon's best goals ever  (Read 17489 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, November 2, 2009, 16:31:01 »

I may be remembering it incorrectly but the Hoddle moment I always recall....

He was stood just outside the box with the ball at his feet and a row of defenders on the edge of the box. With a single movement of hit boot, he flicks the ball in to the air and loops it over the top of the defenders. Then Steve White runs on to it and volleys it in to the net.

Or something like that. Anyone know what the fuck I'm talking about?

Tranmere at home I think. The replayed match after we fiddled the floodlights.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, November 2, 2009, 16:59:34 »

although ben wah balls wont like to accept it, we have arsene wenger to thank in part for hoddles form and managerial decisions for us.
he changed hoddles way of thining about the game during his time at monaco, and he implemented alot of it here.

i thought it was down to andy king Cheesy
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, November 2, 2009, 17:01:39 »

Havent seen the clips but is Mark Walters goal in there against Bolton??? towards Stratton Bank!! That was class.

And Horlocks goal against Notts County in 92 season.

Ian Woans goal direct from a corner against cobblers (I think!)

And Bartons goal against Grimsby, Grimsby player got sent off, and match was abandoned due to pitch being too frozen, but the goal was superb!!

And Paul evans goal league two season, thinks against Carlisle in the FA cup! (I think, superb side footed goal from distance!

And Hoddles goal in playoff final, great bit of play, a good little bit of skill from maskall (which you wouldnt have said usually), and a reat bent round the keep shot from hoddle!

Sorry if your clips have included the above
Doore

« Reply #48 on: Monday, November 2, 2009, 17:09:38 »

Havent seen the clips but is Mark Walters goal in there against Bolton??? towards Stratton Bank!! That was class.

And Horlocks goal against Notts County in 92 season.

Ian Woans goal direct from a corner against cobblers (I think!)

And Bartons goal against Grimsby, Grimsby player got sent off, and match was abandoned due to pitch being too frozen, but the goal was superb!!

And Paul evans goal league two season, thinks against Carlisle in the FA cup! (I think, superb side footed goal from distance!

And Hoddles goal in playoff final, great bit of play, a good little bit of skill from maskall (which you wouldnt have said usually), and a reat bent round the keep shot from hoddle!

Sorry if your clips have included the above

Perhaps you should watch the clips.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, November 2, 2009, 18:46:39 »

I cannot remember there being any goals against Pox in the clips considering there's enough of them to chose from !!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, November 2, 2009, 22:28:44 »

Was talking to a Brum fan last week...we reminiced and he remembers the 6-4 defeat very clearly...Hoddles display that day was right up there ever as an away player in his eyes.....that pass to Bodin was unreal......creepily i used to watch him training on his own on the pitch near the Town End......his skills were superb,never seen better.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, November 2, 2009, 23:46:47 »

I cannot remember there being any goals against Pox in the clips considering there's enough of them to chose from !!!

perhaps a video solely of these goals is needed?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2009, 09:56:44 »

perhaps a video solely of these goals is needed?

The two goals scored by Turbo in the final game against the two sides are worth a video of themselves !!

BAZINGA !!

sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2009, 12:08:49 »

I thought the last game between the 2 of us was in the FA Cup and we lost 1-0 at their place Huh?

Wise men say........
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2009, 12:57:19 »

I thought the last game between the 2 of us was in the FA Cup and we lost 1-0 at their place Huh?

Sorry, should've been last league game at the Manor.

BAZINGA !!

Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2009, 13:01:43 »

A big favourite on mine on there was Charlie Henry's goal against Gillingham in the 1986/7 play offs. Lashed it home then a mental celebration rushing back to the half way line. Can remmeber the County Ground rocking when he scored that one.

What a great moment that was, good to see the Stratton Bank going mad and I remember that well.

I was on the bank with a few mates right at the back. Behind us up in a tree just near the clock was a bonehead perched pretty precariously on a small branch shouting and singing his tits off ! After Charlies goal when things calmed down a bit we looked back and he had disappeared with only half the branch left !!  We had a look over the fence but no sign of him !... I hate it when people leave before the final whistle !
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2009, 16:53:50 »

Perhaps you should watch the clips.

Perhaps I should, but at work, I cant watch clips liek that, it gets blocked out! clever arse!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2009, 17:01:08 »

Hold on Derbystfc, have you been at work for nearly 24 hours?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #58 on: Friday, October 15, 2021, 17:51:27 »

Heres an old Bump from a while back, "Swindon Please Win" reminded me of it in the ex Players thread speaking about Simon Cox goal vs Walsall.

If any of you havent watched them then watch the Swindon Best ever goals linked at the start of this thread.

And for Simon Cox here are 3 goals of absolute beauty scored by the wee man.

Vs Brum

Vs Walsall

and probably for me the best was against Fenerbahce in a friendly (55 seconds into the video)

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, October 15, 2021, 18:03:48 »

Kenny Stroud v Everton.
End of thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: