Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon's best goals ever  (Read 17393 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 21:05:15 »

As opposed to those stored in your pancreas ?
no, my liver
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 21:07:44 »

no, my liver

It's all about the skin memory
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 21:45:07 »

Check out after Marlon Broomes scores. The guy does a random 2 footed challenge celebration on the post in front of the Town End. Its about 7.30 in the second clip.

Great clips though, thanks for sharing them!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 21:51:23 »

not the best goal, but hoddles outside of the foot pass to bodin, who then feeds white vs watford is different class.that is a supreme talent, to deliver a pass like that.what a fantastic player he was
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 21:52:47 »

not the best goal, but hoddles outside of the foot pass to bodin, who then feeds white vs watford is different class.that is a supreme talent, to deliver a pass like that.what a fantastic player he was

Agreed. I was thinking that in the slow motion replay. Inch perfect pass. I saw Gareth Barry try something earlier today and it went straight out of play.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Doore

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 22:01:48 »

Well said, Glenn was something special.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 23:13:03 »

couldn't work out who it was, makes perfect sense that it's hoddle.

sublime
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, November 2, 2009, 00:58:03 »

Even now I still find it somewhat surreal that Hoddle played for us whilst he was still a decent player (as opposed to just playing a few extra games in the twilight of his career). I can't see anything like that ever happening again, could you imagine Beckham or Gerrard coming here or any lower division club?

Same goes for Ardiles and to a lesser degree Macari. Nowadays, most fans were pretty happy when Wilson took over, shows just how far we've fallen doesn't it?
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, November 2, 2009, 10:37:20 »

I have a vague recollection of a classic counter attack goal from our Hoddle promotion season - I think it was McLaren winning a header on the edge of our area, kerslake feeds Mitchell who lays it off to Ling running down the right, makes ground before curling in a peach of a cross for Mitchell to meet with a diving header into the corner. It probably didn't actually happen like that, but thats how my rosy specs remember it. Cant remember the opposition either, but I hope someone will ?
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, November 2, 2009, 11:39:19 »

It's a shame the goal against bury many years ago is not included,If i remember rightly it was scored by paul batty from a good distance out.

I have to say i really enjoyed seeing those goals from the past again.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #40 on: Monday, November 2, 2009, 12:01:10 »

I'd never seen that goal before. It always seems weird to me, I never really got to see the town when we were good. I can't even imagine the Town of today scoring a team goal that good.
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, November 2, 2009, 12:02:34 »

I have a vague recollection of a classic counter attack goal from our Hoddle promotion season - I think it was McLaren winning a header on the edge of our area, kerslake feeds Mitchell who lays it off to Ling running down the right, makes ground before curling in a peach of a cross for Mitchell to meet with a diving header into the corner. It probably didn't actually happen like that, but thats how my rosy specs remember it. Cant remember the opposition either, but I hope someone will ?

Watford at home in the FA cup.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, November 2, 2009, 13:31:13 »

Just looked at part 1. Remeber  the gola against Sunderland like it was yesterday. I was on the Stratton Bank at the time right in line with the shot, & you could see the swerve on the ball. Brilliant. The other goal  that stands out is the Hoddle gola at Wembley. The build up & goal was Brazil like.
The best tho' has to be Coxy vs Fernabache. I know it was only a friendly but that was even better than Gascoignes against Scotland in 96

From the Dark Side

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, November 2, 2009, 13:32:10 »

although ben wah balls wont like to accept it, we have arsene wenger to thank in part for hoddles form and managerial decisions for us.
he changed hoddles way of thining about the game during his time at monaco, and he implemented alot of it here.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, November 2, 2009, 16:19:16 »

I may be remembering it incorrectly but the Hoddle moment I always recall....

He was stood just outside the box with the ball at his feet and a row of defenders on the edge of the box. With a single movement of his boot, he flicks the ball in to the air and loops it over the top of the defenders. Then Steve White runs on to it and volleys it in to the net.

Or something like that. Anyone know what the fuck I'm talking about?
« Last Edit: Monday, November 2, 2009, 16:34:18 by jonny72 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: