Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: County Ground redevelopment  (Read 19529 times)
flash

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 00:16:37 »

I think that talk of replacing the Arkell's stand is somewhat extravagant, the Town End and Stratton Bank are the prime candidates for reconstruction and expansion. The Arkell's may offer scope for modernisation but even in it's present form is capable of serving it's purpose well into the future.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 07:09:59 »

Exeter's ground is fucking terrible...... Apart from their home end, which makes the TE look like a shitty little shed. Which it is.

Axs's proposal seems the most logical, do the bank first, move the Townenders once it's finished then do the Town End.

It's All Good..............
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 10:57:00 »

I think the arkells is ok to,I wonder in this day and age if those posts could be removed and if the roof can be supported another way if they could do that and reverse the way the doors open it would be sufficent in my book.

The cost of doing it surely would't out weigh a building of a new stand,but like the above posts the TE and stratton bank are a priority,sorry i cant call it the adkins family stand or whatever it's called these days.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 10:59:10 »

They'll definitly do somthing to the Arkells,im certain executive boxes are high on Fittons wish list.

/
W56196272
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 11:13:44 »

Any talk of demolishing the North Stand is just bollocks, I can see them doing major work on it but starting from scratch would just be wasting money. It might be a bit old but its still got a long life ahead of it - there are plenty of clubs that would kill for a stand like that.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 11:16:53 »

we should send it to Africa.

/
W56196272
flammableBen

« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 11:26:13 »

It would be nice to keep the Arkells if only for a bit of character.

They should definitely encase it within a brand new giant brick wall though.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 11:30:57 »

To provide an illusion that its a new stadium?

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 11:33:05 »

Any talk of demolishing the North Stand is just bollocks, I can see them doing major work on it but starting from scratch would just be wasting money. It might be a bit old but its still got a long life ahead of it - there are plenty of clubs that would kill for a stand like that.

i 100% disagree with all of your post.
why redevelop a ground and leave the north stand?
its a shitty stand looking tired and drab.i'm sure fitton has plans to knock it down and put a better stand in its place.non matchday income could increase with better main stand facilities.the board will be looking at this for sure.
all the talk of keeping stands is daft.the only one that will be kept is the drs.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 11:44:16 »

im with the aribba
kaufman

« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 11:45:17 »

i 100% disagree with all of your post.
why redevelop a ground and leave the north stand?
its a shitty stand looking tired and drab.i'm sure fitton has plans to knock it down and put a better stand in its place.non matchday income could increase with better main stand facilities.the board will be looking at this for sure.

all the talk of keeping stands is daft.the only one that will be kept is the drs.

spot on
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 11:51:05 »

I'm with Arriba, too. The whole point is that they want to create a new stand that will allow them to make more money on non matchdays, as well as offring more benefits to hospitality members. Even with the improvements, the current Arkells doesn't do either. I imagine they'd want exec boxes with glass screens facing the pitch, places they can sell for more money on a matchday and entice businesses to use in the week.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 11:55:26 »

I'm with Arriba, too. The whole point is that they want to create a new stand that will allow them to make more money on non matchdays, as well as offring more benefits to hospitality members. Even with the improvements, the current Arkells doesn't do either. I imagine they'd want exec boxes with glass screens facing the pitch, places they can sell for more money on a matchday and entice businesses to use in the week.

That may well be so, and could be part of the overall plan, but the Town end and Stratton Bank surely must be the priority.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
kaufman

« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 12:00:18 »

Not if the stadium will be linked all around, would make sense first to build the core of the structure being the larger side stand first and then link the two end stands surely?
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 12:04:43 »

Who's shirley? terrible gag...

I'd say the two ends are the priority. If they're looking to keep the ground open while they're doing this, then they'd have to keep the two main stands open, then house the arkells in the new and imporved ends while that's done.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: