Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: County Ground redevelopment  (Read 19559 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 12:04:56 »

Put a roof on the bank...double the height of the Town End......then join the ground up by having Executive boxes on all four corners.....easy!
The two main stands are structurly  safe and big enough,just need modernising and glamoured up abit.
flammableBen

« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 12:08:13 »

No stadium will be complete without a statue of Alan Reeves taking a shit whilst give us all a thumbs up sign. I think we can all agree on that.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 12:16:18 »

Not if the stadium will be linked all around, would make sense first to build the core of the structure being the larger side stand first and then link the two end stands surely?

As mentioned earlier in the thread, there is also the possibility that the pitch might rotate through 90 degrees - meaning that the DRS (or most of it) would become an End.  If this did happen, the footprint of the ground would have to move north towards the cricket pitch and the Arkells would have to be demolished.

Looking at the aerial view of the site (link below), I think this option is quite plausible.

Aerial View of the County Ground
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 12:22:26 »

unless we just play on a half sized pitch. Might stop us playing the long ball.
kaufman

« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 12:23:43 »

As mentioned earlier in the thread, there is also the possibility that the pitch might rotate through 90 degrees - meaning that the DRS (or most of it) would become an End.  If this did happen, the footprint of the ground would have to move north towards the cricket pitch and the Arkells would have to be demolished.

Looking at the aerial view of the site (link below), I think this option is quite plausible.

Aerial View of the County Ground

Very interesting, Apologies, I've not read the whole thread.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 12:26:40 »

I'm with Arriba, too. The whole point is that they want to create a new stand that will allow them to make more money on non matchdays, as well as offring more benefits to hospitality members. Even with the improvements, the current Arkells doesn't do either. I imagine they'd want exec boxes with glass screens facing the pitch, places they can sell for more money on a matchday and entice businesses to use in the week.

I just think you could do all of that and more to the Arkells stand for less than it would cost to start from scratch. Put a new roof on, put in some executive boxes and gut the insides and replace it with new facilities and it could be as good as new.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 12:47:35 »

so basically rebuild it then?!
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 13:04:29 »

A VERY rough mock up shows that the Stratton Bank would be removed to give a buffer between the ground and housing... - The north stand would need to be redeveloped during stage 1 as the pitch would have to be rotated from the start... My guess would be that the Townend would become the new Exec area with conferencing and other facilities taking up more of the car park space than is shown here - the DRS would effectively become the town end...

[url width=900 height=562]http://gallery.me.com/paul.rossiter/100045/CG_1/web.jpg?ver=12543158370001[/url]
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 13:14:38 by triseros » Logged
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 14:30:39 »

If we are going to rebuild whilst playing at the CG, the rotation of 90 degrees is a non starter.

What's more likely to happen, is the Townend/Stratton Bank to be extended at the back and make it bigger, with the houses in Shrivvy Road behind SB, will be bought by the club via a compulsory purchase order.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 15:48:28 »

If we are going to rebuild whilst playing at the CG, the rotation of 90 degrees is a non starter.

What's more likely to happen, is the Townend/Stratton Bank to be extended at the back and make it bigger, with the houses in Shrivvy Road behind SB, will be bought by the club via a compulsory purchase order.

Good work....keep em coming.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 16:14:08 »

Looking at the map - that would result in the DRS/Stratton back corner encroaching on to the footpath with I think you'll find will either be rejected by the council or result in not having an enclosed stadium.

Phase 1

Knock down the town end and build new corporate stand long enough to take pitch rotation of 90 degrees and attach to right hand side of DRS

Phase 2

Demolish Arkells stand, rotate pitch 90 degrees and build new stand adjoined to new Town end stand and build new Stratton bank adjoined to shorten Right hand side of DRS

Job done... no need to move, all corporate facilities keep going, home owners at Stratton Bank end are 'happy', we have new stadium!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 17:36:51 »

Ha ha ha, the club cannot make a compulsory purchase order!
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 18:09:22 »

I assumed he meant the council who may want the development to enhance the town.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 18:44:53 »

Ha ha ha, the club cannot make a compulsory purchase order!

Still more likely than the ground rotating 90 degrees  Cheesy

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 20:02:06 »

They should give the trust one ofthe corners but other people will sit there.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: