Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: County Ground redevelopment  (Read 19555 times)
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 16:10:23 »

I thought the current roof of the town end hindered the atmosphere since it stops sound escaping...anyway, the whole TE is a rotting relic and needs a complete re build
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 16:21:04 »

.I would imagine that the best way of doing it would be to rotate the ground 360 degrees but not sure that can actually be done in situ though.

See what I mean about the absurd bollocks a thread on the stadium generates...where's Gazza when you need him?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 16:53:44 »

Erm, I'm pretty sure that would be even more pointless than rotating it 180 degrees. Unless you just want to make everyone a bit dizzy

Don't knock it though.  This could be a real talking point.  First, the rotating bar at the Brunel Rooms; now the only club in the Football League with a rotating pitch.  This is an idea that could fly.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 17:02:05 »

First, the rotating bar at the Brunel Rooms; now the only club in the Football League with a rotating pitch.  This is an idea that could fly.

Depends how powerful the motor was. I'd imagine it would have to be really fucking powerful to generate the kind of lift you'd need to get the pitch to rise like a helicopter.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 17:32:46 »

If there was a problem with adding height to the stratton bank, couldn't they just lower the pitch instead? You could add a tier onto all the grounds then.

Huh?  Wouldn't that leave the pitch about the size of a basketball court?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 17:53:56 »

Depends how powerful the motor was. I'd imagine it would have to be really fucking powerful to generate the kind of lift you'd need to get the pitch to rise like a helicopter.
Smiley I've always liked the idea of putting the whole ground on hydraulic stilts so halfway through the game we could lift it up at one end and tip the away fans out the back of the Stratton Bank into a specially constructed puddle.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 17:59:21 »

The Arkells is a relic and needs to be replaced. I'd imagine the only stand to survive would the DRS. They start by taking down the town end, and rebuild that whilst continuing to play, moving it back into the car park and being the new hub for corporate facilities and changing rooms etc, with a tunnel in the corner of the pitch. The idea that the stand would hold 5k. Allowing the arkells fans and functions to be rehoused while play continues, allowing that to be done next. Followed by the Stratton and then anything they need to do to the DRS, in term of filling in corners etc.

This is all bollocks (not your post, the going overboard of this thread) but it would make much more sense to redo the bank first, put the TE STs in it and then re-do the TE.

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 19:53:59 »

i always thought the roof on the bank idea being scrapped,was due to residents complaining about the light a roof would cut out from their gardens?

why anyone would want to keep the townend and arkells i'll never know?
those fucking posts alone are good reason to see them knocked down.
as it will be a bit at a time job, i'm pretty sure it will be a square type ground with the drs remaining, and similar stands created on the other three sides.

planning on building a new ground, when we are supposedly having to flog players to pay the bills is an odd one imo.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 20:02:30 by arriba » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 20:18:46 »

I don't know what the details would be, but I'd rather the board put money towards us to make us more self sufficient, thus able to spend more year on year, than paying for 3 seasons worth of football and realising it can't continue.

flammableBen

« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 20:24:31 »

Huh?  Wouldn't that leave the pitch about the size of a basketball court?

Not if you made the new bottom levels of the stands steep enough.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 22:22:49 »

Not if you made the new bottom levels of the stands steep enough.

Vertical?  Cheesy
Maguire11

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 22:58:35 »

i think that they need to add more rows into the town end. not soo many that its like the DRS but just 7-8more rows to add a bit more height and that would also enable noise to escape the town end stand and add to a atmosphere. it would also help if all the singing fans moved into the town end so that we could re-create that hostile atmosphere so teams would feel intimidated by the fans. the Arkells also needs revamping, make it look like the DRS so it looks modern and similar.

Swindon Town League 2 Champions - 2012
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 23:07:24 »

I like the town end, but feel that we could do with a bigger "home end" to be honest......it does look a little lost between the two stands either side of it. It would be nice to see a steeper and deeper single tier stand behind the goal. I think we would get a great atmosphere in a redeveloped town end; I'm sure there are many people (I'm one of them) that would go back there for the atmosphere, and improved view.
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 23:10:46 »

there's nothing wrong with the acoustics in the Town End, just see some of the video's on you tube taken from other parts of the ground.  Also, compare it to the home end at Bristol City, a modern stand with really shit acoustics.

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 23:26:32 »

it would be the easiest stand to get started on.it's pretty shit really isn't it?
seats bolted onto a terrace to close together,and two massive posts in the way.
a nice new home end would be great in its place
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: