Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Finally... James Wills has left the building...  (Read 22607 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 14:41:57 »

BUT, there seem to be a lot of people who don't realise that it was down to the Wills family that we ended up with the Greek one. They weren't greedy, they didn't steal from the club, but their incompetence led to them appointing somebody who did his level best to bring the club crashing down to the floor. I don't particularly hate any of the Wills family, I just get pissed off that they couldn't see what thousands of orange-hat-wearing fans could.

If you could put all of our troubles down simply to the bumbling incompetence of the Wills family, I would think you had a point.  But you can't.  I agree that they were poor businesspeople and hopelessly out of their depth, but they had the error of their ways pointed out to them time and again.

They knew that the fans were unhappy.  They knew that the boardroom staff were not up to the job.  They knew that the club was going backwards.  But they held on regardless...to the detriment of the club they claimed to love.

Our troubles were not a result so much of their incompetence (although that didn't help), but their pigheadedness.  I'm glad James Wills has now gone.  We needed a completely clean slate and now we have one.
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 14:53:38 »

"Yes, without the Wills family our club would have been dead long before Bill Power and subsequently Andrew Fitton's consortium came along. All those who abused off Sir Seton and his family and donned the orange hats like sheep should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves."

But whilst you get comments like that being posted on thisis then it says how little the arm chair supporters out there knew of the troubles that were actually happening.....

Pricks !

Wise men say........
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 14:57:03 »

To be honest all James Wills leaving does is clear the last remnants of bad feeling from the club. It's not like he actually did anything constructive for the club as far as I can see.

I don't think I'll ever understand why the Wills trusted the Greek so much. I'd sure like to hear their side of the story one day, but I don't think we'd ever get a full and accurate account.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 15:38:49 »

I take no pleasure in seeing the demise of the Wills' family involvement in STFC, as I believe SSW did genuinely have the best interests of the club at heart...it's just that it wasn't enough on its own.

I've always felt SSW got Diamond Mike on board, as he thought the football world to be a murky place of shady deals, therefore better to have someone of that ilk, than an Old Harrovian or summat.

It's done now...time to move on.  I'll save my protesting for the next Tory government  Smiley
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 15:51:31 »

They knew that the fans were unhappy.  They knew that the boardroom staff were not up to the job.  They knew that the club was going backwards.  But they held on regardless...to the detriment of the club they claimed to love.

Seems fair to me. I don't have any time for any of them, but even those who can still see the good in Seaton Wills would have to admit that James is a cunt. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 16:18:15 »

thank fuck that cunt is gone.deserved a kick in the bollocks as a leaving present
I don't think any more needs to be added - end of thread. Cool
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 16:23:50 »

And the reason they clung on was in the hope of a big pay day to recover the money they had put in plus a big profit.

The true nature of their tenure was brought into sharp focus by the dealings with Best Holdings. Nobody with the clubs best interests at heart could have entertained that deal in preference to the other offers on the table.

They put money in, and fair play to them for that but if we are playing the game of "STFC wouldnt exist without..." the list is extensive, inclding...

The fans
St Modwen
Bill Power and Phil Emmell
Hundereds of creditors who stuck it out through two periods of admin
Andrew Fitton and his consortium.

All of those groups have bankrolled the club to at least as great an extent as the Wills family over the last decade
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 16:31:31 »

It is sad that a lot of the good that Sir Seton Wills did (e.g. keep the club running in the first place) is over-looked because of what happened at the end.

We can move on now.

I wonder what the new stadium will look like Smiley
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 16:56:17 »

thank fuck that cunt is gone.deserved a kick in the bollocks as a leaving present

My thoughts exactly! That awful era has now finally come to an end once and for all.
dell boy

« Reply #24 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 18:13:22 »

It seems such a long time ago from the days of the Wills Family and Diamond Mike ... God have we moved on ... time to forget those who use to be at the helm. SSW, well without him we would have gone under years ago, but at the end of the day he was out to get his money back, who can blame him. He was sucked in by a Cypriot like a lot of others, regretfully me included.
James Wills is a tosser, end of.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 18:31:03 »

I wonder what the new stadium will look like Smiley

In the current issue of FourFourTwo, apparently they found plenty of models, plus they has Mr Whippy's big masterplan stuck in his head!!

I've heard a rumour that James 'resigning' is due to the fact that he's been banned as a company director. Anyway, at least he can go and watch Arsenal play more !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #26 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 22:08:40 »

They started off with good intentions and turned into the most poisonous cunts ever at this football club. The Greek was a grade A cunt but without the Wills family he'd have been fuck all to this club. Once they opened the Pandora's box that was the Greek Cunt they didn't have the backbone to shut it.
I for one celebrate the last remnants of these cunts going amd young Wills really was a classic example of what yesrs of not stirring up the genetic pool does for you.
James Wills - fuck you for the spiteful and contempt you held STFC in.
Its lucky you'll never need a job because I doubt you can even hold a wax crayon - cunt. 
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 22:27:19 »

In the current issue of FourFourTwo, apparently they found plenty of models, plus they has Mr Whippy's big masterplan stuck in his head!!

I've heard a rumour that James 'resigning' is due to the fact that he's been banned as a company director. Anyway, at least he can go and watch Arsenal play more !!

Interesting

Obviously taking advice from Greenback and has been found out !

I would fucking love it if he got implicated in the DTI investigation
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 22:48:47 »

The statement in full:

Town chairman Andrew Fitton told the club's official website: "The Wills family has given a great deal to Swindon Town Football Club both in terms of time and money.

"James agreed to remain on the board when Swindon Football Holdings Limited acquired the majority interest in the club in Januaray 2008 in order to help with the transition, but has now decided that it is time for him to sling his hook.

"I would like to thank James and his family for the support they have given the club over many years, and for the support they have given to the new owners since the beginning of last year, and I trust that the door didn't hit his arse on the way out."

deltaincline

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 00:06:50 »

Fucking ace news that the chinless cunt has finally done the decent thing. Mind, i don't know anyone who has seen him at matches for ages so him staying on a token puppet of the old guard was probably only for them to save face.

That cunt and his equally chin-deficient father may of put millions in to the club, but who knows how much more they took out? We all heard the stories about how benevolent they were supposed to be and how much they loved the club, then witnessed them standing firmly behind a fucking tyranical twat like Diamandis, let alone unleashing the likes of;

Mike Spearman
Cliff Puffett
Rikki Hunt
Donegan and Blachley
Colin Todd
Willy Carson
Terry Brady
Andy King
Iffy Onoura
Bob Holt
Sandy Grey
Andrew Andronikou