Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Finally... James Wills has left the building...  (Read 22618 times)
lothar

« Reply #60 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 10:56:05 »

I'm sure a lot of these fellows did have Swindon Town Football Club at heart, we're just too naive to see it. All this stuff about calling people cunts is really infantile, please temper your language and express yourselves a bit more constructively
Spencer_White

« Reply #61 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 11:00:08 »

The best thing about James Wills is he is a great lesson about arrogance through inherited wealth.

I'd give that fammily fortune about another 50 years.

Having said all that I wish them well.
Spencer_White

« Reply #62 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 11:04:50 »

I dont overly think Martyn Starnes should be on that list. He didn't really seem to have too much to say during the takeover bollocks and left to join Yeovil Town where he still is today. I think he hated the saga as much as anyone hence his resignation? Who knows. Out with the old!

He was just a firefighter, an assett stripper. I thought Yeovil had probably run out of juice when he got offered the job there (although I gather he was from that part of the world? Shelbourne?).

But as he was the highest ranked member of the old board who turned up every week he did get a lot of crap!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 11:11:39 »

I'm sure a lot of these fellows did have Swindon Town Football Club at heart, we're just too naive to see it.
The only naivety is in those who thought it was a good idea to let Diamandis have a free run at the club and those who refused to question what was being done.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 11:24:19 »

I dont overly think Martyn Starnes should be on that list. He didn't really seem to have too much to say during the takeover bollocks and left to join Yeovil Town where he still is today. I think he hated the saga as much as anyone hence his resignation? Who knows. Out with the old!

Smarmes was the epitome of the ancien regime....I saw him last season outside the ground at Yeovil...made me feeling decidedly strange, a mixture of loathing and anger.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 11:42:17 »

He was just a firefighter, an assett stripper. I thought Yeovil had probably run out of juice when he got offered the job there (although I gather he was from that part of the world? Shelbourne?).

But as he was the highest ranked member of the old board who turned up every week he did get a lot of crap!
The asset stripper was Diamandis, just ask those printers in Cornwall when he took over their company.  Thursday he told them all their jobs were safe, by the following week the lorries were in moving all the gear out!  He still cannot cross the Tamar.  Anybody know what dear old Uncle Bob of the Friday staement is doing now?
dell boy

« Reply #66 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 12:01:18 »

Is Dunwoody a Town fan?  I know Julian Wilson is, and some of the jockeying fraternity.  Just can't remember which ones.

Francome is a big armchair Swindon fan.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 12:10:25 »

All this stuff about calling people ####s is really infantile, please temper your language and express yourselves a bit more constructively

Fair point, although I can understand passions running high on this one.

Francome is a big armchair Swindon fan.

That's who I think I was thinking of.  I wonder whether Carson still considers himself a fan?  Despite some of what has passed, I've always quite liked the guy to tell the truth.  Not sure why.  One of life's eccentrics.
Spencer_White

« Reply #68 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 12:13:34 »

Diamandis basically told Starmes how much money there was each month and it was Starmes' job to get by with it. Towards the end when all the taps had been bascially turned off it must have been an unbelievably stressful awful job.

He was still getting paid when all our playing and management staff were not. They were screaming for money. Fans going mental wanting to kick his head in! I know I would never work under those conditions, or for a man like Diamandis. Just not worth any amount of money. I was amazed he didnt resign sooner?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 12:51:55 »

Andy King - Over promoted wanker. My fucking nan could of got us to the PO's that year and would likely won them as well.

Your 'fucking nan' would have got us the PO's that year, with Kings squad I assume, yeah?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 12:58:08 »

King may have been a bit of a cock, but you have to credit him with an eye for a player. Todd left us with the biggest pile of poo imagineable, to turn it round to a playoff team deserves credit.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 13:01:45 »

not only could he spot the player but managed to get them to come here in the first place!

be interesting to know what sort of wages he could offer them as welll? Maybe we offered big wages hence we could get players and be skint?!

Spencer_White

« Reply #72 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 13:08:53 »

Your 'fucking nan' would have got us the PO's that year, with Kings squad I assume, yeah?

If Miglioranzi had stayed fit we/Kingy would/should have won that league.

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 13:12:50 »

mooneys loss of form was another factor
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 13:32:06 »

If Miglioranzi had stayed fit we/Kingy would/should have won that league.

Migz played 39 games that season.

Now, if we'd been able to have Ifil on loan for the actual play off games...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: