Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Finally... James Wills has left the building...  (Read 22630 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 21:49:45 »

What was Bob Holt's user name on here?

Sure there was someone else who used to come on too who was something to do with Dunwoody?
Whippy used to come on - until he got a bollocking off the rest of the board.  "I am a corporate lawyer you know"
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 21:51:13 »

I almost got run over by him once.

Nice car, it would have been a bloody shame to have dented it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 22:45:00 »

I really cannot agree with that comment Ardiles.  Let us not forget that it was Diamandis that eventually pushed Cliff P. out.  Some years ago, before the greek cunt's name was well known in the town, Cliff - who had been pushed out then - warned me about Diamandis, telling me a few things about him and basically not to trust him one iota.  I never knew who Diamandis was then, but Cliff's words certainly came true!!  And the guy is a self-made man, with STFC blood coursing his veins.
I'd agree that both Cliff and Mike Spearman are thoroughly decent guys and both undoubtedly have the best interests of the club at heart. But Cliff let Diamandis dangle him on a string - one moment he was cast out, next he was back in favour and all too grateful to be so and so scared of losing his inside track, he didn't dare say boo. I can sympathise with Delta to some extent (although I think he's harsh in dismissing either Cliff or Mike so blithely) - at the time they were most needed for the club, the "grandees", the old guard call them what you will, could have intervened, could have stepped up to the plate, could have come out and told the whole world what Cliff was happy to tell ronnie (and many others) in private. But they didn't.

Nice blokes, yes, decent men, yes. Best interests of the club at heart, yes. But they allowed themselves to be bullied into keeping quiet at a time when the club most needed them to speak out. And, at various stages, to actively collaborate in keeping the Diamandis spin machine turning. In doing so, they prolonged a bankrupt, both morally and financially, regime far longer than anyone who has the club's best interests at heart should be allowed to excuse themselves for.

So, yes, decent blokes, STFC through and through, but for many people, they lost a lot of the respect they had earned in years past by aiding and abetting though silence or active cooperation one of the most destructive forces ever to beset our club. There was a time when their club needed them and they shrank from it in the face of some pretty low-rent bullying.

It's the old line isn't it? "All that is necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing"

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 22:48:29 »

so they're just a pair of cunts then.
glad that's been cleared up
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 22:53:41 »

so they're just a pair of cunts then.
glad that's been cleared up
No, not at all. They're decent guys who found themselves in a nigh-on impossible situation and on the wrong end of a nasty bullying prick. I have a lot of sympathy for them, can't have been pleasant and probably caused a fair bit of heartache. However, they could have shown more cojones in the "best interests of the club" and "STFC through and through" departments. May have made the whole thing a lot quicker and cleaner. And, by the by, it's grossly unfair to just single out Cliff and Mike in this regard - plenty of others in the same situation who sat on their hands through fear, ignorance or complacency (or all three)
deltaincline

« Reply #50 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 23:20:55 »

I didn't single out 'Cliff and Mike'. They were just 2 names in a long list of incapable cunts brought in or retained by the chinless twats from Ramsbury. They got singled out by an old-board apologist who's probably being sucked off on a regular basis by one or both of them.

In fairness (and I do like to be fair sometimes) Mike Wilks and trust were the only ones to stand up in public against Wills and Diamandis when plenty of others were publicly fighting their corner. That took some bollocks because the supreme cunt of all cunts that is Diamandis, fought a dirty fucking fight. PaulD and Mike W, - you did a good fucking job, boys.

Ace as it is to slaughter the cunts, this debate is a waste of fucking energy. 

Good ridance to the Wills, all their henchmen and women and that dirty, stinking fucking cunt of an advisor.

Long live Andrew Fitton, his board of directors and Danny Wilson and the lads. Hopefully we've all turned the corner once and for fucking all Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 23:32:37 »

Ace as it is to slaughter the cunts, this debate is a waste of fucking energy. 
Gah, going for the consensus vote, I'm disappointed in you delta. Losing your touch Smiley
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #52 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 08:41:14 »

Interesting to see Delta didn't put Sturrock in there, who became a bit of a bopard apologist despite not getting paid.
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 08:50:44 »

i see richard dunwoody is going to be on strictly come dancing -  unless of course it actually is diamond mike using the dunwoody name
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 09:38:30 »

Is Dunwoody a Town fan?  I know Julian Wilson is, and some of the jockeying fraternity.  Just can't remember which ones.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #55 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 09:41:36 »

Is Dunwoody a Town fan?  I know Julian Wilson is, and some of the jockeying fraternity.  Just can't remember which ones.

As you say I know Wilson was and still is but I am not sure if Dunwoody is a fan by association or is an actual supporter.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 09:48:51 »

Julian gave up on his fandom, when our lot turned on McMahon.....he thought it was a "poor show"

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 09:53:53 »

i thought he was dead by now
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #58 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 10:24:03 »

I dont overly think Martyn Starnes should be on that list. He didn't really seem to have too much to say during the takeover bollocks and left to join Yeovil Town where he still is today. I think he hated the saga as much as anyone hence his resignation? Who knows. Out with the old!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 10:45:50 »

Fair point Gaz, hadn't noticed MS on there. Like MD before him, had to operate with one hand tied behind his back (and a boot on his neck) and often ended up fronting stuff he didn't agree with. Glad to see he's getting on well at Yeovil by all accounts
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: