Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Loud & Proud Day: Yeovil Town/ Stratton Bank For Orient?  (Read 14157 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 21:41:26 »

I only ever get to see the highlights on Virgin - looks like we have about a dozen in the Town End and a minor sprinkling down the side. Can't we get some dummies to fill the empty seats   Smiley Smiley

Are you volunteering? Cheesy
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 23:20:39 »

So you haven't learn't all the lessons over the years then?

Every fucking gay pride event that has been organised, has resulted in defeat.

CONSIGN THIS FUCKING JOKE TO THE SCRAPHEAP WHERE IT BELONGS.

You are a fucking embarassment!

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 23:31:30 »

So you haven't learn't all the lessons over the years then?

CONSIGN THIS FUCKING JOKE TO THE SCRAPHEAP WHERE IT BELONGS.

I agree. Since when did filling the Stratton Bank make going to the County Ground a more enjoyable experience? Oh...
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 23:34:25 »

Oh yeah, filling the bank gets us three points does it? No.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2009, 06:59:58 »

wasn't the last time we did that with home fans against mansfield?

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2009, 07:05:47 »

Oh yeah, filling the bank gets us three points does it? No.

It has a 100% success rate in the last decade, so why not. By the way, why do you have a slightly altered nazi slogan in your name?
flammableBen

« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2009, 07:24:59 »

That was me. He kept saying things about hoping liberals died so I thought it summed it up. As you're the second person to presume he wrote it then it probably does.

You can't change your own titles.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2009, 08:14:06 »

Perhaps I am an embarassment, I'll happily admit that....

In regards to official Loud and Proud days,

Yeovil away 2006/07 was a massive success in boosting morale etc and was featured in STFC literature etc... We lost but there was hope and a good atmosphere.

Chesterfield home 2006/07 - We won 2-0, 2 goals from Cureton...

Brentford home 2006/07 - 3-1 loss.

Bristol City away 2006/07, Gary Johnson rejuvinated City and we were low in confidence. We didn't lose we drew 1-1 (I think) which sealed our fate to L2

Accrington Stanley away 2006/07 – We drew 1-1 If I remember correctly which again is not a defeat.

Lincoln City away 2006/07 -  we won in front of the Sky Sports TV Camera’s 3-2 I think. This was coupled with a “orange protest” against the old board.

Mansfield Town home 2006/07 – Now this was not really designated a L&P day but we had flags etc floating around as it was a good day on the Stratton Bank. This game was not down to L&P so won’t take credit. The board ran a good promotion as suggested for Leyton orient this season and we had the 12th man flag. We could have won promotion that day if Stockport won so the atmosphere was always going to be good.

2007/08 – Nothing was really done due to the takeover/protesting  etc, Do we really try and get people singing and chanting, being happy clappy when the club was 5 minutes from going down the pan?  We weren’t really needed after Fitton & co. came in as there was a feel good factor already after the takeover.

Early 2008/09 – There was some behind the scenes arguments, lack of leadership etc to get things moving. People all wanted to get things going but then nothing was actually organised.

Yeovil Town away 2008/09 – 1-0 loss. No roof on stand. No table cloths,. We were let down by a supplier with red streamers so didn’t really work out, we will try again maybe Rovers at home 12th man flag across the Town End or Don Rogers Stand. Atmosphere will already be electric.

I think to be honest Loud & Proud’s biggest efforts have only really coincided with a poor team on the pitch hence why we have lost a good portion of games when we have done stuff. The ULTRAS were also a big part of L&P in terms of bringing flags, red and white rolls etc. L&P is more about trying to boost the atmosphere. It doesn’t really need a boost when we are winning etc.

We had ideas for a big Don Rogers Flag (The Don in silouette) for the opening of the Don Rogers Stand, supply all fans scarves etc to hold up before games ala Liverpool etc buit the cost was too much. All the money we have to use is either out of our own pockets or donations etc from before/ advertising etc. We are now looking towards next season to see what we can do. Will have a look at fixtures etc when they come out. Ideally would love to team up with the club in some capacity. They have already won accolades for being a family club this season so perhaps we can do something to add to that. Time will tell.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2009, 08:28:09 »

We actually drew in 06/07 0-0...shame we couldn't have done that recently.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: