Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Loud & Proud Day: Yeovil Town/ Stratton Bank For Orient?  (Read 14365 times)
STFC_Gazza

« on: Monday, March 23, 2009, 21:30:09 »

Yes that's right Happy Clapping is back!!!! After a long abscence due to take overs, protests and just not being able to organise anything, Loud & Proud will be back in full force on Saturday for the trip to Yeovil Town.

The site of perhaps the best Loud & Proud display we had going back in the day, we will be back on the day with flags and a lot more.
[url width=200 height=133]http://www.redarmyloudnproud.org.uk/sheetsyeovil.jpg[/url]

Please bring ticker tape, flags, streamers, anything red and white to the match and help create a great atmosphere at Yeovil.

Yeovil Town have given us permission to go ahead but please do not bring any poles, projectiles or Balloons. Balloons are not allowed as per the video below and by the request of YTFC (this was the example they used).

« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 15:06:39 by STFC_Gazza » Logged
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 23, 2009, 21:33:09 »

good for you gazza, can we use coins instead of balloons?
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 23, 2009, 21:45:34 »

I assume javelins are alright?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 23, 2009, 22:02:30 »

What about molotov cocktails and grenades?

Only joking. Fair play to you Gaz for getting this organised. Could prove a decisive game and hopefully something like this will be good to spur on the crowd and players alike.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 23, 2009, 22:03:20 »

Good work Gaz. No matter what people might say about "happy clappy" support, the displays at Yeovil and City a few years back were top drawer and it really added something to the game
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 23, 2009, 22:11:54 »

What about molotov cocktails and grenades?

Only joking. Fair play to you Gaz for getting this organised. Could prove a decisive game and hopefully something like this will be good to spur on the crowd and players alike.

I need to speak to Nick Watkins about doing home games, the flags have come back. Hoping to get the 12th man flag back.... Would love to see again if perhaps the club would open the bank for a fiver for Orient and we do a L&P day then... see if we can get a bumper crowd.

For Yeovil had to wait back and hear from them... We still ahve some L&P money and as much as we get some stick, people donated that money. L&p was set up to create a better atmosphere. OK we missed the ball a bit earlier on but its crunch time!
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 23, 2009, 22:12:33 »

Good choice of match.

I am guessing that c.500 Town fans will make the journey south for this crunch game.
flammableBen

« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 23, 2009, 22:17:41 »

Good choice of match.

I am guessing that c.500 Town fans will make the journey south for this crunch game.

Am I getting deja-vu. I'm sure I've made a witty reply about there not being town fans 1500 years ago and how would they travel 1500 years into the future anyway, referring to the the fact that "circa" is generally only used for dates.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 23, 2009, 22:18:36 »

Am I getting deja-vu. I'm sure I've made a witty reply about there not being town fans 1500 years ago and how would they travel 1500 years into the future anyway, referring to the the fact that "circa" is generally only used for dates.
See the "Northampton Away" thread for further details
flammableBen

« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 23, 2009, 22:19:37 »

hazaah! Cheers R4E.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 23, 2009, 22:24:19 »

Apologies.

It would seem that I have made a fool of myself here. Twice.
flammableBen

« Reply #11 on: Monday, March 23, 2009, 22:32:32 »

Nononono. The correct thing to do would be to claim that it can mean approximately in any context, even if it's against all available evidence if necessary.

flammableBen

« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 23, 2009, 22:38:16 »

Also I like making references to time travel. It gives me a happy buzz.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, March 23, 2009, 22:41:45 »

Nononono. The correct thing to do would be to claim that it can mean approximately in any context, even if it's against all available evidence if necessary.
Or indeed, that it can't in the face of the evidence:
Quote from: Oxford English Dictionary
c
  • abbreviation 1 Cricket caught by. 2 cent(s). 3 (preceding a date or amount) circa. 4 (c.) century or centuries.

Good work Gaz. Is denim mandatory?
flammableBen

« Reply #14 on: Monday, March 23, 2009, 22:42:42 »

peh! Not true.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: