Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jade Goody  (Read 23478 times)
STFC_Gazza

« on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 13:39:24 »

We all know she is going to die in the next few months. Fair play to her though for trying to make as much money as she can for her kids etc though before she goes. I hated big brother but having a mum who has had cancer I know it will be very hard for her. My mum cancer was not terminal but god knows how you prepare to die.

PS Did anyone have her in the celebrity death pool?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 13:40:53 »

i feel sorry for her, and for her children even more.a few had her in their list i think
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 13:48:06 »

I know people dont like her but i would not wish that on my worst enemy. Good luck to her
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 13:53:30 »

I don't like her personality and am not a fan of these characters whose only claim to fame is the fact they were on big brother, but it's a very sad story and I feel sorry for her and her family.

Aren't the kids 4 and 5? That's pretty tragic. You'd at least hope to live long enough to raise your children and watch them grow up.
DMR

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 18:33:12 »

It's tragic that she's got 2 little kids and that must be so hard knowing you've not got long.

Karma and all that I guess, she's possibly one of the most horrible women ever but no-one deserves that.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 18:39:13 »

Why o why is she paraded on the front pages of the fucking Sunday Tabloids...?

Money or not.....thats got to be wrong.

A tragic story indeed.

Clems Army!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 19:02:36 »

I'd bow out with a bit more dignity I must say... She's addicted to fame simple as that.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 20:01:17 »

For the record, let me state that I do not like Jade Goody. Never have from the moment she came to the public's attention in Big Brother. The again, I dislike pretty much everybody who has claimed Z list celebrity from Big Brother et al.

Having said all that, I do feel compassion for her situation. I know from indirect experience the suffering that terminal cancer patients go through; my aunty is currently undergoing chemotherapy for some form of cancer and its hitting her hard. Like it would anybody I guess.

What grates me about Jade Goody's situation is the way the media are jumping all over this, perpetuated by that scumbag Max Clifford. I don't blame her for doing what ever she can to provide for her two young children that will soon lose their mother at the ages of 4 and 5 years old - the toll on them will be immense and they have to deal with that for the rest of their lives. However, what about the hundreds and thousands of other people suffering with cancer who are unable (or unworthy) of the same media attention of Ms Goody? How are they able to provide for their loved ones lives once the inevitable happens? I'll leave you all to think about that one.....

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 20:23:53 »

I'm guessing she doesn't have life assurance. A must for anyone with dependents really.
Dozno9

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 20:27:38 »

For the record, let me state that I do not like Jade Goody. Never have from the moment she came to the public's attention in Big Brother. The again, I dislike pretty much everybody who has claimed Z list celebrity from Big Brother et al.

Having said all that, I do feel compassion for her situation. I know from indirect experience the suffering that terminal cancer patients go through; my aunty is currently undergoing chemotherapy for some form of cancer and its hitting her hard. Like it would anybody I guess.

What grates me about Jade Goody's situation is the way the media are jumping all over this, perpetuated by that scumbag Max Clifford. I don't blame her for doing what ever she can to provide for her two young children that will soon lose their mother at the ages of 4 and 5 years old - the toll on them will be immense and they have to deal with that for the rest of their lives. However, what about the hundreds and thousands of other people suffering with cancer who are unable (or unworthy) of the same media attention of Ms Goody? How are they able to provide for their loved ones lives once the inevitable happens? I'll leave you all to think about that one.....

They can't, well not to the same degree, but Jade Goody is famous. No less worthy of the coverage but she is exploiting her fame for fortune when she is gone and good luck to her.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 20:28:18 »

People die all the time. Because she's 'famous' I'm supposed to give a shit?

I feel as sad for her as I do for anyone else I don't know who dies.

Which means I don't give a fuck.

It's All Good..............
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 20:41:05 »

Your not supposed to think anything hertha, although I guess people can apply someone elses situation to their own and realise how fortunate they are and how sad it is for the other person.

Usually I'm the same as you, but I guess the reason I can express some compasion is because my family was in a similar situation 3 years ago.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 20:41:30 »

People die all the time. Because she's 'famous' I'm supposed to give a shit?

I feel as sad for her as I do for anyone else I don't know who dies.

Which means I don't give a fuck.

I do have sympathy for this opinion.

I upset alot of people at my work when i came bouncing into work after Lady Di snuffed it and refused to put money in some fund they got going..... Huh?

I said i was sorry that anybody had died that young in such a way....but...i didnt know her and neither did they!  So why the whip round??

Clems Army!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 20:45:28 »

Your not supposed to think anything hertha, although I guess people can apply someone elses situation to their own and realise how fortunate they are and how sad it is for the other person.

Usually I'm the same as you, but I guess the reason I can express some compasion is because my family was in a similar situation 3 years ago.

How many people die of cancer every week? That's life Si and although it's obviously traumatic and harrowing for those close to them, the rest of us don't give it a second thought.

It's sad for her family and friends, but me? Meh

It's All Good..............
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 20:48:28 »

That's the point I was making though hertha, it's not sad for you and that's fair enough. I wasn't making any moral judgement, more trying to explain why other people express an opposite view to yours.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: