Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jade Goody  (Read 23484 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #30 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 23:23:42 »

Must admit a few people have suprised me on here. Saying she should or should not do this that or the other. How would you react if you were told you had months to live? Me, i would do everything in my power to make sure my family were looked after. Saying that if it was all bout cash as most are saying why has she not sued the nhs. Tbf i imagine none of you have been told you are dying

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 23:34:20 »

anyone with terminal cancer deserves sympathy.it matters nothing what they have done,or not previously.people including the victim will have their lives turned upside down because of it.goody's kids lives will never be the same once she's gone.no money will ever come close to what they will lose.i am not slating anyone here, but think what it would mean to you to lose your nearest and dearest, as jade goody is that person to at leat 2 children.remember 1 in 3 of us will be effected by it one day or another.....
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 23:35:56 by arriba » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, February 15, 2009, 23:43:40 »

I can see both sides of the coin. Just think it's a bit harsh to actually express that 'you don't give a shit' etc. Some things are best left to yourself.

I think I'd feel sorry for her even if I didn't feel the connection to my own previous situation with my Father. I'm not on about shedding a tear or personally mourning her passing (when it does happen) but it is a sad story and yes, one that happens to many, many people each year. It's why people give to charities etc, because they try to channel their compasion into something that may make a difference.

Thinking back to threads about Sir Bobby Robson, can't think of anyone who was disrespectful on the man, and rightly so. It's a shame that a reality tv 'star' could spark such outrage. Jade Goody is still a human being.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, February 16, 2009, 00:27:35 »

anyone with terminal cancer deserves sympathy.it matters nothing what they have done,or not previously.people including the victim will have their lives turned upside down because of it.goody's kids lives will never be the same once she's gone.no money will ever come close to what they will lose.i am not slating anyone here, but think what it would mean to you to lose your nearest and dearest, as jade goody is that person to at leat 2 children.remember 1 in 3 of us will be effected by it one day or another.....

1 in 3 of us will suffer from it, I doubt anyone could go their whole life without being affected by it. We will all lose someone we are close to because of cancer.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, February 16, 2009, 03:41:14 »

1 in 3 of us will suffer from it, I doubt anyone could go their whole life without being affected by it. We will all lose someone we are close to because of cancer.

Yes and when it happens it's horrible. The point I was making had nothing to do with what I think about Goody's career, or what type of person she is, it was about how people seem to think the death of someone famous is somehow sadder than that of anyone else.

Is it sad? Of course it is, but it won't affect me at all, just like the 1000's of other unfortunate people I don't know who will die of cancer won't affect me either.

It's All Good..............
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, February 16, 2009, 07:25:14 »

true story, on a tuesday i was told i had 7 days to live, i asked them if i could come back next monday, dont think i realised the gravity of the situation Smiley
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, February 16, 2009, 10:32:59 »

shes getting married this week now isnt she? I hope that ming shes marrying isnt just in it for the money
Danjackson10

« Reply #37 on: Monday, February 16, 2009, 10:43:25 »

I know it shouldn't, but it fucking annoys me when some celebrity dies and people say how sorry they are.

Are they really? Are they fuck. It means absolutely nothing to them and nor should it.

Jade Goody, FFS.........

i was sad when paul hunter died!
swindon_chick

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, February 16, 2009, 10:45:07 »

I feel for her Sons more than anything they are soo young.

Yeah JFW she is getting married. Mr Harrods man gave her the weding dress as his present to them!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, February 16, 2009, 10:46:35 »

Im no fan of hers but dont see any harm in her living her last weeks through the media and her making a few quid for her kids.People are very sniffy about the whole thing because its her,if she were a nice middle class reporter writing the storey of her demise in the Times she'd probably win awards for doing it.Fact is some people are intersted in her life and if 1 or 2 people take a test because of what they have seen and her kids get some money then there is no negative side to doing it all on telly.

/
W56196272
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, February 16, 2009, 10:49:41 »

I feel for her Sons more than anything they are soo young.

Yeah JFW she is getting married. Mr Harrods man gave her the weding dress as his present to them!

REALLY OMG!! I would love to go in the wedding bit in Harrods but its by appointment only

last time I went to Harrods Mr Al Fayed walked through - I think that means we are bessies and he might give me a wedding dress?
Sussex

« Reply #41 on: Monday, February 16, 2009, 11:39:57 »

REALLY OMG!! I would love to go in the wedding bit in Harrods but its by appointment only

last time I went to Harrods Mr Al Fayed walked through - I think that means we are bessies and he might give me a wedding dress?

And you'll wear that when?  Wink
swindon_chick

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, February 16, 2009, 11:40:31 »

Yep it was on GMTV. I think if you went and asked he might? It's worth a try!
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, February 16, 2009, 11:43:54 »

And you'll wear that when?  Wink

when I get married ....one day... maybe!

Or MAYBE I could just sell it on Ebay for loads of money or something!
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, February 16, 2009, 13:05:27 »

Is she dead yet?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: