Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 339   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Who's snuffed it now?'  (Read 1352709 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #525 on: Thursday, April 10, 2014, 12:28:21 »

Maybe it's just me, but surely compassion for others is what humanity is.

Only being concerned about your own immediate family and friends must be the complete definition of selfishness.

Well done for not knowing what SELFish means.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Thursday, April 10, 2014, 12:37:50 »

Go read the thread again. I have not posted a single negative comment.

Wasn't saying you had, was simply pointing out that those who objected to people who had, weren't necessarily 'grief tourists' or the type who love to 'RIP' every single death.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Thursday, April 10, 2014, 13:04:37 »

What a load of sanctimonious bollocks.

It's sanctimonious bollocks not to think that the death of a stranger is a) an excuse to endlessly emote on the internet or b) an opportunity to show how 'edgy' you are online?

I'd say it's just called being normal
Flashheart

« Reply #528 on: Thursday, April 10, 2014, 13:11:39 »

Calling people callous, heartless and selfish because they are indifferent toward the death of complete strangers = bollocks.

Acting as though one has moral superiority = sanctimonious.

ergo: What a load of sanctimonious bollocks.

I could also add hypocritical. Somebody on this thread has stated that the indifferent should be killed, which seems to have been ignored.

Therefore it is a load of sanctimonious, hypocritical bollocks.

Endlessly emote? I think you've just added to the bollocks factor!
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Thursday, April 10, 2014, 13:16:33 »

Indifferent is an interesting choice of word, would apply inaction. Surely a  'indifferent' person wouldn't feel the need to actively go on a forum and write about negatively about the person who'd just died?
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 10, 2014, 13:19:52 by PetsWinPrizes » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Thursday, April 10, 2014, 13:19:16 »

This
Flashheart

« Reply #531 on: Thursday, April 10, 2014, 13:24:37 »

Somebody made a comment on a discussion form that they were no doubt already logged into anyway.. It must have taken all but a few seconds to do so. So fucking what?

"Actively go on a forum"? Do you think HT heard of her death then went out of his way to comment? I doubt it very much! Stop trying to dramatise it.

Personally I don't have a particularly strong opinion of Peaches, as I had mentioned earlier. It's a shame, but I am neither happy nor sad that she died as with other complete strangers that die. I am indifferent. I am more interested in the debate than the fact that they actually died.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Thursday, April 10, 2014, 13:28:58 »

I don't have a strong opinion on Peaches either, I just found it a bit strong that someone was posting shit about a young mother who had just died. To be fair that wasn't you, my mistake.
kerry red

« Reply #533 on: Thursday, April 10, 2014, 13:42:54 »

The problem is that people, all of us, form opinions of people they don't know purely on media of all sorts.

I would imagine a lot of people thought Jimmy Savile was an OK sort of guy who selflessly used his fame to raise charitable monies - an opinion formed by watching and reading. Not knowing.

We all know how that turned out.

My objection to this whole thing is that HT's comments (which he now regrets) was based on the merest skimming of social media which was harsh to say the least.

As for individuals not caring about others that is up to them but should not be surprised if some people find it sort of odd
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Thursday, April 10, 2014, 13:49:23 »

There have also been quite a few threads marking the death of someone,  followed by lots of "R.I.P comments". I know which I prefer to read.
Flashheart

« Reply #535 on: Thursday, April 10, 2014, 13:52:23 »

Who said we don't care about others?

I'm fortunate to have some very good friends and a wonderful family, I love them dearly. I can't speak for HT and Jayo but I'd guess that they also care a great deal about the people in their lives.

I certainly don't go about wishing harm on others and would stop pain and suffering if it could, but I simply can't. That doesn't mean that I should be sad whenever somebody dies. There's billions of people in the world and people are dying all the time, many in extreme anguish. It's just reality. A harsh reality but reality nonetheless.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Thursday, April 10, 2014, 13:54:20 »

No but there's a difference between not being sad and writing 'One more vapid, useless person gone from the world. Boo hoo.'

You must see that?
kerry red

« Reply #537 on: Thursday, April 10, 2014, 13:55:33 »

But this isn't about not being sad when someone you don't know dies - it started with HTs comments which is entirely different.

It was my opinion, and of others, that the comments were distasteful
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #538 on: Thursday, April 10, 2014, 13:56:24 »

I cried when Barry from Eastenders got pushed down the slope to his death by Janine.
Flashheart

« Reply #539 on: Thursday, April 10, 2014, 13:57:21 »

It's an opinion. Why should death change somebody's opinion of a person? Why should death mean that we can no longer voice the opinion?

Fuck it. We're going around in circles now.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 339   Go Up
Print
Jump to: