Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 339   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Who's snuffed it now?'  (Read 1353615 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #510 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2014, 21:04:01 »

What it boils down to is I don't understand the motivation for somebody to say on a forum that someone who has just died is 'vapid and useless'.

Why bother saying it at all?

My opinion of you is based purely on what you post on here.

You may actually be a very nice person!   Cheesy

There's not necessarily a motivation is there? This a thread about dead people after all.

There are many tossers in the world. Take Piers Morgan, for example. I think that bloke is an odious cunt and should his name spring up I may well express that opinion. It doesn't mean that there's an underlying motive for saying it, I just think he's a cunt.

I suspect that most here will share a similar opinion of him. Are they bad people for saying it now while he is still living? Will they be worse people for saying it when he is dead?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2014, 21:06:51 »

I'd say it now but I wouldn't say it after he'd just died
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2014, 21:18:50 »

How about just shutting the fuck up and keeping thoughts to yourself unless you have something interesting to say.  Most people have very little to say about celebrity deaths. Point them out by all means but surely take 2 minutes before spouting shit.

Fuck it maybe I'm just to grumpy. I'm increasingly coming round to the opinion that we should just turn of the Internet and media for a week to allow people to remember what it is to think for yourself not pedal some bullshit  viewpoint and maybe to remember that what you feel you have to shout out about via social media is really not enlightening, entertaining or important.

Btw I'm not having a go at any one in particular on this, as I say I'm just grumpy. And perversely feel that I have to blather on about it on the internet thereby negating everything I've just said.

Never knowingly overstated.
Flashheart

« Reply #513 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2014, 21:25:09 »

Sax.

This is a thread about celebrity deaths mate, what else did you expect?. And some people are finding the topic interesting otherwise they would not be contributing.

xox

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2014, 21:27:40 »

I do regret posting what I did but this is quite a good debate.

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2014, 21:27:56 »

I did say I'm probably just grumpy.

Never knowingly overstated.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2014, 21:32:39 »

I liked the concluding observation about negating everything you'd just said

TEF Threads - Bloody Hell!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2014, 21:39:49 »

I do regret posting what I did but this is quite a good debate.

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2014, 23:06:52 »

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #519 on: Thursday, April 10, 2014, 10:24:18 »

So how do you feel about, say, British troops getting killed in Afgahistan.

Don't give a shit?

Did I know him/her? No. Same answer.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Thursday, April 10, 2014, 11:29:54 »

Not in the slightest, I've checked. Grief tourism is fucking embarrassing. Guess what, I don't give a flying fuck about kids in Africa either. WHAT A MONSTER

You can think grief tourism is embarrassing (I really can't stand it, and some on this board has been guilty of it on occasions) whilst also thinking that crowing about a young womens death because she was 'vapid' is also distasteful.

The two aren't mutually exclusive, the world isn't just divided into those who want to publically emote about every single tragedy and those who think it's hilarious to troll the former.

There are some of us in the middle, opposed to both, I used to think we were the majority, but I'm starting to wonder recently.
kerry red

« Reply #521 on: Thursday, April 10, 2014, 12:06:58 »

Maybe it's just me, but surely compassion for others is what humanity is.

Only being concerned about your own immediate family and friends must be the complete definition of selfishness.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Thursday, April 10, 2014, 12:15:26 »

Have you not noticed the increasing level of selfishness? 
Flashheart

« Reply #523 on: Thursday, April 10, 2014, 12:23:38 »

What a load of sanctimonious bollocks.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #524 on: Thursday, April 10, 2014, 12:27:44 »

You can think grief tourism is embarrassing (I really can't stand it, and some on this board has been guilty of it on occasions) whilst also thinking that crowing about a young womens death because she was 'vapid' is also distasteful.

The two aren't mutually exclusive, the world isn't just divided into those who want to publically emote about every single tragedy and those who think it's hilarious to troll the former.

There are some of us in the middle, opposed to both, I used to think we were the majority, but I'm starting to wonder recently.

Go read the thread again. I have not posted a single negative comment.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 339   Go Up
Print
Jump to: