Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 339   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Who's snuffed it now?'  (Read 1353627 times)
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2014, 17:10:48 »

Has someone called the undertaker  Hmmm

How can you joke about someones death like that? He had two children!
Flashheart

« Reply #496 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2014, 17:31:34 »

How can you joke about someones death like that? He had two children!

Smiley
Barry Scott

« Reply #497 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2014, 17:50:17 »

I think someone should start a social network that's a bit like the obituary pages of a newspaper. It could announce all the deaths each day all over the world with a short write up and everyone can grieve together.

It could have petitions and polls and stuff where people can effectively tell everyone just how tragic all this dying is, or how we should declare a national holiday, pay into a specific charity and find ways so it doesn't happen again. They could also have grief pages dedicated to someone like an online funeral.

Instead of a like button, it could have a "sadness" button. People can then click about how sad they are, instead of having to type, and they can then spread their grief far more quickly and effectively. They could share deaths with fellow grievers and the homepage could rank various deaths by sadness rank and shares.

It could also show grievers "other deaths you might be interested in showing sadness about" and these can then grow grief virally allowing a justified amount of sadness to be shown. 

Maybe the sadness button could be added on websites, then people can press to show they're grieving about whatever it is being talked about. This could then allow more sad content to be shared and then we won't miss any suffering and tragedy.

I think I'm on to something here.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #498 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2014, 17:51:03 »

If you don't care that two little kids are suffering then yes there is something wrong with you, you are probably somewhere on the autistic spectrum.

Not in the slightest, I've checked. Grief tourism is fucking embarrassing. Guess what, I don't give a flying fuck about kids in Africa either. WHAT A MONSTER
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #499 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2014, 18:11:12 »

All I can say is how it affects me, which is not in the slightest. I can understand the sadness those who knew her are feeling,  but I haven't spent any time mourning her passing, or anyone else's passing that I either didn't know or never touched my life. That's not being callous or cold hearted. That's being honest.
I haven't got the time, or emotional capacity to care about everyone.

It's All Good..............
Flashheart

« Reply #500 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2014, 18:20:31 »

With regard to her kids.....

Seeing young children lose their mother doesn't exactly fill me with joy. They'll still live a far more privileged life than the vast majority of other kids on the planet though.

THINK OF THE CHILDREN..... Nah!
Levi lapper

« Reply #501 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2014, 18:33:08 »

I get that people go over the top when people they don't know die, Diana etc, all I am saying is to be ambiguous about toddlers suffering after losing their mum means you have been de-sensitised to the reality, if you really genuinely don't care then you are without doubt an evil cunt who should be killed (unless you have kids of course)

I never met Neville but I cared that he died, I never met peaches geldoff but I feel for her family, it's not keeping me up at night
Flashheart

« Reply #502 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2014, 18:37:55 »

if you really genuinely don't care then you are without doubt an evil cunt who should be killed (unless you have kids of course)

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume that that was tongue in cheek!?
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2014, 19:21:50 »

The ultimate warrior is dead. He was my favourite.

Only just came back for WrestleMania, was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame Saturday night and gave his return speech on Raw Monday night.

#VivaKenBarlow!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #504 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2014, 19:54:15 »

I get that people go over the top when people they don't know die, Diana etc, all I am saying is to be ambiguous about toddlers suffering after losing their mum means you have been de-sensitised to the reality, if you really genuinely don't care then you are without doubt an evil cunt who should be killed (unless you have kids of course)

I never met Neville but I cared that he died, I never met peaches geldoff but I feel for her family, it's not keeping me up at night

So because I don't care about some random stranger suffering, I should suffer. Top logic. Well done.
kerry red

« Reply #505 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2014, 19:57:47 »

So how do you feel about, say, British troops getting killed in Afgahistan.

Don't give a shit?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #506 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2014, 20:16:23 »

I don't give a fuck what anyone who never knew me feels when I snuff it. I'd like to think those who knew me might at least raise a glass. Anyone else can fuck right off.
Flashheart

« Reply #507 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2014, 20:29:03 »

So how do you feel about, say, British troops getting killed in Afgahistan.

Don't give a shit?

Our troops died doing their duty (and their job), good on them. We should be very grateful for what they have done. I hope that their families' grief is as short lived as possible and then they carry on with their lives as soon as possible. If I could prevent it then I would..... but I can't.

I feel the same way about the Geldoff family. Albeit without any notion that the family might suffer any additional suffering caused by stress from financial pressures and what not.

Other than that if somebody wants to say that Corporal John Doe was a bit of a fucktard than that's their opinion and, provided that they don't torment the deceased's loved ones with that opinion, then they are free to express it. I don't know corporal John Doe. Was Cpl John Doe a good person just because he was a soldier? Are all soldiers good people?

Why do you single out British troops?

What about the deaths of other coalition troops, the deaths of young Taliban soldiers that have been taken advantage of and all of the innocent civilians that have lost their lives?

You heartless bastard. How callous can you be?
kerry red

« Reply #508 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2014, 20:51:01 »

What it boils down to is I don't understand the motivation for somebody to say on a forum that someone who has just died is 'vapid and useless'.

Why bother saying it at all?

My opinion of you is based purely on what you post on here.

You may actually be a very nice person!   Cheesy

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Wednesday, April 9, 2014, 21:03:47 »

He's not, but I kinda like his posts.

He's one of the "don't care" supporters and I think he acts a bit tough.

We are all imperfect but I happen to think recent death is precisely the time to see humour or distinctiveness or shared frailty in deceased persons rather than to be dismissive or ranty and negative.

Where I would agree with the "don't carers"  is that ersatz emotions of grief being genuinely experienced by proxy in respect of celebrities can become a little odd.

Harmless enough, I suppose, in that we all do it.  Although I control it these days, STFC is still capable of producing mood swings that have little relationship with real life and baffle even my family.

Still, for those unknown parents who have also lost a child in their twenties last week, their sense of grief must be cheapened somewhat by the fact that what appears like half the country is also apparently sharing the same sense of loss that they are.

Emotion by proxy at the County Ground or from a piece of music, yes but grief for a celebrity?  Respect, yes, empathy for the bereaved, yes but grief?  Get a grip.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 339   Go Up
Print
Jump to: