Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Histon..  (Read 28256 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, November 7, 2008, 08:15:35 »

Take no notice of me, I'm just old fashioned....in my day when you lost to a team it meant they were better than you.

I shall rest easy on Saturday night in the knowledge that come what may, we are in fact better than Histon. 

So when Southend beat Manchester United in the league cup, that meant they were better? Um, no. Don't think it's old fashioned, think it's not being realistic mate.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, November 7, 2008, 11:13:20 »

Dont worry, we will win 6-2. It came to me in a dream. Panic over

Things get better but they never get good
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, November 7, 2008, 11:33:27 »

Will probably be resting Cox/Peacock. Cox may not want to be cup tied
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, November 7, 2008, 11:40:13 »

Will probably be resting Cox/Peacock. Cox may not want to be cup tied

You sir are a clown, Cox said yesterday he wants to stay and also he wants play on Saturday. Change the record you miserable fool!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, November 7, 2008, 11:40:30 »

Maurice just releases a statement saying how surprised he is with the english attitude to the cup and you think he's going to rest Coxy? 

He's just said how much of a fan of cup competitions he is and that he loves the way it can get the whole club excited and you think he'll rest key players?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, November 7, 2008, 15:49:40 »

I think it may be Paynter being rested. Would also give Corr some much needed match time.

It's All Good..............
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, November 7, 2008, 16:10:03 »

I think it may be Paynter being rested. Would also give Corr some much needed match time.

That'd put paid to Corr's season then (if you believe all the 'physicality' hype in the adver)

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, November 7, 2008, 16:24:46 »

I don't know if its hype, John Beck is their assistant boss/coach. Remember his Cambridge sides?
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, November 7, 2008, 16:31:14 »

I don't know if its hype, John Beck is their assistant boss/coach. Remember his Cambridge sides?

They definelty play like that aswell, According to my mate who works for Cambridge News. (he's a Swindon fan)

His comments when i asked were as follows:
They're exactly what you'd expect from a John Beck team - long ball and get as many set pieces as they can - but they're very effective at it which is why they're still doing well this season when I thought they'd have been found out by other Conference teams.

It's fucking awful to watch

They do have two or three decent players though like Jack Midson and Antonio Murray up front and their defence is pretty strong.

I'm not holding my breath about Swindon's chances to be honest although I'd love to see them stuff Histon.
Dazzza

« Reply #69 on: Friday, November 7, 2008, 16:39:56 »

Could be in for a bit of a ride against these chaps at the back.  Should stuff them on paper but I'm always wary of conference sides sniffing at the Football league’s grubby bottom.  A lot are run a more professionally on and off the pitch than their league two compatriots and if results in recent seasons are anything to go by the gap in standards is shrinking like an old woman.

A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, November 7, 2008, 16:43:37 »

It's fucking awful to watch

That actually makes me feel better about not going. So long as they play nice and narrow - that seems to suit us, or it did against Northampton and Oldham too seemed to forget about using their wingers.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, November 7, 2008, 17:08:49 »

I think Pook will be "rested" for Easton

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #72 on: Friday, November 7, 2008, 17:36:03 »

I think Cox will be rested. Call me stupid but he is not in any of the pics on the O.S either which may throw some weight behind this suggestion? It would be daft to rest him mind given the fact he will score goals but...
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, November 7, 2008, 17:36:58 »

Can someone text me updates from this pretty please?

I wish I could go but I can't.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #74 on: Friday, November 7, 2008, 17:38:21 »

Can someone text me updates from this pretty please?

I wish I could go but I can't.

PM me your number.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: