Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Histon..  (Read 27899 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, November 3, 2008, 16:31:57 »

To see a dinosaur in your dream, symbolizes an outdated attitude. You may need to discard your old ways of thinking and habits.

To dream that you are being chased by a dinosaur, indicates your fears of no longer being needed or useful. Alternatively, being chased by a dinosaur, may reflect old issues that are still coming back to haunt you.

To see a harbour in your dream, signifies shelter from a stormy relationship or chaotic situation. You may be seeking refuge until you can recollect your thoughts and prepare for the challenges ahead.

Come on now...your  Techno Babble is all very well, but you can't tell me that's not a steg hiding on the right in the Mulberry Harbour, down at Langstone.

[url width=350 height=300]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/Reg__Smeeton/steg2.jpg[/url]

Is that meant to be Jordi la Forge in teh emoticon?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, November 3, 2008, 18:11:48 »

Histon played Ebbsfleet on Setanta this season and won 1-0 thanks to the usual Beck combination of hard work - long balls and top notch set pieces.

We better work hard at defending the set pieces this week - Histon have almost got to the top of their league with a part time side and little or no fans ... im pinning my hopes on Coxy Smiley

You may not be alone in that, Fatters.  I think my parting words to Hertha on Saturday were that I'd take 3-3 next week.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, November 3, 2008, 19:33:57 »

3-3 against a non-league side? Blimey your expectations are high arent they
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, November 3, 2008, 19:37:00 »

want us to lose Barty boy?
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, November 3, 2008, 19:43:44 »

No we should win and win comfortably
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, November 3, 2008, 19:48:49 »

and if we dont?

are you going to burn effigys of malpas? whilst running round old town knocking one out?
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, November 3, 2008, 20:45:11 »

Histon is a small village just off the A45 North of Cambridge - and when I say small I mean small.  It makes Wootten Bassett look like a metropolis. I'm with you Reg - this is a difficult fixture.  Last season the United football team from Headington went there & were their usual arrogant selves in expecting a win merely because they'd bothered to turn up.  They got turned over quite easily.

I was chatting today to a Mansfield supporter who'd seen the Stags play Histon in their first Blue Square Premier fixture. He said it was frightening!  It's exactly as Reg says, hard working, hard running & long balls to chase aplenty.  This is going to be one tough game and if it takes a reply for us to go through then I'll be happy.  Not one for the purists I think.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, November 3, 2008, 20:46:14 »

3-3 against a non-league side? Blimey your expectations are high arent they

I'm realistic, that's all.  We're slowly rebuilding our confidence.  A defeat would be awful and may undo all the work we've put in to rebuild it.  A defeat is also quite possible as Histon are near the top of the conference and play in a style that is just what we don't need.  Of course, I want us to win but am always concerned by these non-league ties ever since Stevenage...before that I thought we'd win against every non-league team because we were a league club.  Stevenage taught me a painful lesson.  One I have not forgotten.

So, to avoid the embarrassment of a defeat, yeah I'd take a draw.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, November 3, 2008, 20:49:24 »

Agreed...not easy,Barnet at home was easy...but we didnt get through.
spacey

« Reply #24 on: Monday, November 3, 2008, 21:08:12 »

No-one's saying it's going to be easy. But them as favourites! Pffffff! That's like trying to justify defeat before a balls been kicked.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, November 3, 2008, 22:25:00 »

Seems like they are semi confident, although seem to be more concerned about how many we'll bring    http://histonfootball.proboards104.com/index.cgi?board=chat&action=display&thread=309
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #26 on: Monday, November 3, 2008, 22:40:42 »

I really fancy going to this now
flammableBen

« Reply #27 on: Monday, November 3, 2008, 22:41:57 »

I'll be too busy partying to the max.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 18:28:55 »

Is it all-ticket?

I've been to Histon before, to watch them play Chippenham on the last day of the season a couple of years back.

From what I remember parking was an absolute nightmare that day
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 18:29:50 »

Is it all-ticket?

I've been to Histon before, to watch them play Chippenham on the last day of the season a couple of years back.

From what I remember parking was an absolute nightmare that day

Pay on the day according to OS
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: