Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Morning After  (Read 9517 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 17:20:24 »

I think Reg and Dell should sort this out with a duel in the centre circle at half-time in the Leicester game. Old pistols in boxes, the full works
dell boy

« Reply #61 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 17:39:15 »

I think Reg and Dell should sort this out with a duel in the centre circle at half-time in the Leicester game. Old pistols in boxes, the full works
Fine by me - walking sticks, pen and paper, 100 yard sprints, press ups, penalty shoot outs -

Choose your weapon Smeeton!!!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 17:45:17 »

I was expecting us to win yesterday but the result didn't actually surprise me (if that makes any sense?). For too long now our players (and I don't just mean the current bunch i'm going back a good 4 or 5 years with this) have never really given a toss in these type of games. None of them really care about the club (i guess that's football these days though) but what has been a common trend since the turn of the century continued yesterday.

I don't think there was much more Malpas could have done yesterday either. Sounds like we showed no fight, bottle or passion again. From a managers point of view you can only do so much. You can motivate them and tell them how you want them to play but that doesn't mean to say they will go out and do it. Some of our players have got themselves into a comfort zone i think. People like Aljofree, Macca and JPM who make the starting line up pretty much every week will pick up their wages regardless and therefore it makes no odds to them whatever the result. That's not to say they don't try though. Just that maybe they take it fro granted being pro footballers.

In summary i think we need a player shake up really. At times this season some of the players simply haven't been good enough. Yesterday was obviously another example of that. The manager must take some blame but to be fair to MM he's done all he can to try and turn it around recently and it worked until yesterday.
dell boy

« Reply #63 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 17:45:40 »

No comment from RS so obviously still searching the internet/forum for that second elusive comment, hard fucking luck mate keep searching there is not one. Wanker.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #64 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 17:56:19 »

Haha haha i nearly did a wee. Calm down dell

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 18:03:01 »

no dont dell boy.this thread is fucking hilarious.more,more
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 18:19:11 »

brilliant
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 18:26:34 »

Are you going to play the "i had 23 pints and 3 bottles of wine before driving home earlier, so i didnt mean what i said" card dell?

Things get better but they never get good
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #68 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 18:42:58 »

Are you going to play the "i had 23 pints and 3 bottles of wine before driving home earlier, so i didnt mean what i said" card dell?

We are long overdue a drunken posting sesh from yourself Dave.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 18:45:11 »

i did the other night in my blues brothers thread, but i can type semi-reasonably now when drunk without trying to crave as much attention

Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 18:54:18 »

A - We'd have been a different ball number to histon
B - Why the hell would swindon - Leeds be a telly game?

a - fair enough
b - for the same reason Leeds - northampton was
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 18:57:36 »

Leeds against another league team wouldn't have been on telly imo. If leeds get a prem team in the third round then they'd be a shoe-in to be on telly, i think tv bosses would be wary about having them on 3 rounds in a row.

yeo

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 18:57:47 »

Dell I can see Reg when hes in invisible mode.

I will be timing the amount of time he spends in a thread before he posts,I'll publish the results in due time Cheesy

/
W56196272
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 19:27:44 »

A - We'd have been a different ball number to histon
B - Why the hell would swindon - Leeds be a telly game?

a - not if we drew with histon, we'd have been that number then.
b - agreed, no chance would they have put that on.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: