Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Histon..  (Read 28255 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 17:44:01 »

Feels wierd reading that, Swindon Town being thought of as a big club by another team!
Awwww, we're their cup final  Cool

It's just a weak effort to try and get our lot thinking they're somehow better than Histon.

If we don't go into this thinking they'll need to play at the top of their game, and perfroming so, we'll get turned over.

They may be part timers, but we've a good few in our squad, who may will perhaps be playing at that level sooner rather than later. So the reality is, the difference is marginal. Last season v FGR showed that, we just sneaked it, the general consensus, being we were lucky to avoid a replay.
swindon-chap

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 17:57:19 »

I'm sure the players know they'll need to perform to their best, MM will no doubt be drumming it into their heads all the time.

FGR last season was whilst we still had Sturrock, who never struck me as someone who cared about the Cup. Whereas Malpas will treat this like any other game. If we play a full-strength side (Which I'm expecting will be the case) I'm confident we'll win this comfortably. The only thing that worries me is the physicality of the Histon players, and our lads could get outmuscled. Thus them becoming frightened to go after the second balls, etc etc.

Plus, we have our secret weapon...The Hypnotherapist  Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 18:10:44 »

I'm sure the players know they'll need to perform to their best, MM will no doubt be drumming it into their heads all the time.

FGR last season was whilst we still had Sturrock, who never struck me as someone who cared about the Cup. Whereas Malpas will treat this like any other game. If we play a full-strength side (Which I'm expecting will be the case) I'm confident we'll win this comfortably. The only thing that worries me is the physicality of the Histon players, and our lads could get outmuscled. Thus them becoming frightened to go after the second balls, etc etc.

Plus, we have our secret weapon...The Hypnotherapist  Cheesy

I hope you're right, on teh one hand. Although in my time we've lost to 4 non league teams, the culpable managers Bert Head (1st ever promotion to 2nd tier), Danny Williams (won LC), Lou Macari (2 promotions including a first championship since the Southern League)  Steve McMahon (only manager to win third tier title).

For some reason, you'd expect teh list to be the likes of Les Allen, Ken Beamish, Iffy Onuora, and Andy King.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 19:52:41 »

I hope you're right, on teh one hand. Although in my time we've lost to 4 non league teams, the culpable managers Bert Head (1st ever promotion to 2nd tier), Danny Williams (won LC), Lou Macari (2 promotions including a first championship since the Southern League)  Steve McMahon (only manager to win third tier title).

For some reason, you'd expect teh list to be the likes of Les Allen, Ken Beamish, Iffy Onuora, and Andy King.

So, if we lose, Malpas will lead us to glory...cool.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 20:37:25 »

something tells me this is gonna be fun... Tongue Cheesy

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 21:25:08 »

So, if we lose, Malpas will lead us to glory...cool.

That's how I interpret the runes.....
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 07:39:13 »

"And if we can get a big crowd cheering us on at the Glass World Stadium then I'm sure Swindon won't fancy it."

What an idiot

I come from a land down-under
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 08:41:38 »

We just aren't used to playing infront of huge crowds of 2000!

And reg give it a rest mate, "somehow" better than Histon? We ARE better than Histon and win or lose on Saturday we will still be better than Histon. I'm not confident of a win by any means as they'll be playing out of their skins and we'll probably underestimate them.

Same with Forest Green last season, we sneaked past them because we weren't up for it and it was the best performance they've ever put in as a team. We still had enough quality to beat them even when playing shite!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 09:13:22 »

"And if we can get a big crowd cheering us on at the Glass World Stadium then I'm sure Swindon won't fancy it."

What an idiot
Since I was a small child, I've lived in fear of a cheering crowd-ette at the Glass World Stadium. Even now, I tremble at the thought.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #54 on: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 13:40:17 »

We're going to dick them.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 15:03:58 »

Malpas said he's resting a player. I hope it isn't Cox.

I hoping for Morrisson to be rested, as I think we need Ifil strength in the team.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 17:11:50 »

Malpas said he's resting a player. I hope it isn't Cox.

I hoping for Morrisson to be rested, as I think we need Ifil strength in the team.

Although if they are quite a big side and like playing it in the air, wouldn't we need the height of Morrison.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 17:14:46 »

I read that as being Peacock (played a lot of games, carrying an injury) or morrrison as he is young

I hopr its not either to be honest
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 17:16:13 »

We just aren't used to playing infront of huge crowds of 2000!

And reg give it a rest mate, "somehow" better than Histon? We ARE better than Histon and win or lose on Saturday we will still be better than Histon.

Take no notice of me, I'm just old fashioned....in my day when you lost to a team it meant they were better than you.

I shall rest easy on Saturday night in the knowledge that come what may, we are in fact better than Histon. 
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 17:32:53 »

I read that as being Peacock (played a lot of games, carrying an injury) or morrrison as he is young

I hopr its not either to be honest

Thinking about it, it could be almost anyone from Smith, Morrison, Peacock, Cox or Paynter.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: