Pages: 1 ... 436 437 438 [439] 440 441 442 ... 448   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Films films filmsy films.  (Read 1241105 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6570 on: Friday, October 15, 2021, 17:20:56 »

Personally I don't want a female Bond or a black Bond or any other race/nationality at all, thats not racist its just thats how he is portrayed in the books how Fleming wanted him and I would rather stay close to the original character.

Thats not saying a woman or other race Bond wouldnt be good its just I want it kept as the book intended, nothign more nothing less.

I must admit I have liked Craig far more as Bond that I ever thought I would, too many others have been too flimsy or frivolous in their portrayal of him, Craig is far closer to the origins.

Just my personal take.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #6571 on: Friday, October 15, 2021, 17:28:13 »

Anything other than a white male would just be pandering to the social justice warriors.

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #6572 on: Friday, October 15, 2021, 17:47:17 »

It's all made up shit. The world didn't end when there was a female Doctor Who.

Nothing to see here
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6573 on: Friday, October 15, 2021, 18:05:34 »

People hated Craig for being blonde when he was cast because it wasn't the 'right' look. What matters is that the films are any good. Idris Elba would have been brilliant but he's probably too old for the role now.

I'm sure whoever it does end up being will generate plenty of anger from some quarter before they even record a frame of film.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6574 on: Friday, October 15, 2021, 18:22:30 »

People hated Craig for being blonde when he was cast because it wasn't the 'right' look.
Must admit I never heard those doubters at all at the time, Roger Moore was more of a blonde haired chap in at least 3 of the Bond movies and nobody really had any issues with him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6575 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 21:13:23 »

just watched Bond.

erm, not sure what to make of that really. hard to talk about it without spoilers. it was bondy in places, bond by numbers in others, not too bondy in some places and er, the end.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #6576 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 06:28:06 »

People hated Craig for being blonde when he was cast because it wasn't the 'right' look. What matters is that the films are any good. Idris Elba would have been brilliant but he's probably too old for the role now.

Elba is 49 and Craig 53. I think Elba would make a great bond and could just about do age wise. It will be really interesting where they take the next movie.
Hunk

« Reply #6577 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 08:08:50 »

Personally I don't want a female Bond or a black Bond or any other race/nationality at all, thats not racist its just thats how he is portrayed in the books how Fleming wanted him and I would rather stay close to the original character.

Thats not saying a woman or other race Bond wouldnt be good its just I want it kept as the book intended, nothign more nothing less.

I must admit I have liked Craig far more as Bond that I ever thought I would, too many others have been too flimsy or frivolous in their portrayal of him, Craig is far closer to the origins.

Just my personal take.

I felt the same when they cast Elba as Roland in the hideous Dark Tower movie. That character was Clint Eastwood in my mind and so I wanted him cast similarly.

Having said that I don’t have an affinity for the Bond character that I did for Roland so changing it up wouldn’t personally bother me at all. And as it happens, It like to see the next Bond be played by…wait for it…

Idris Elba. Think he’s smash it
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6578 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 08:19:27 »

It's all made up shit. The world didn't end when there was a female Doctor Who.

So why all the complaints when someone white plays certain roles considered "inappropriate"? Can't have one rule etc.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6579 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 08:21:39 »

So why all the complaints when someone white plays certain roles considered "inappropriate"? Can't have one rule etc.

Like Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher you mean?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6580 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 08:25:20 »

Cheesy
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #6581 on: Monday, October 18, 2021, 11:30:05 »

As a Wittertainment listener, their 'WTF - What's that film' feature has had me thinking about a film I watched on Sky in the early 00's, a Blair Witch-ish found footage film about a family meal getting interupted by aliens and the family disappearing one by one, searched for it maybe 10 years ago to no avail... was mid-email to the show, before I thought I'd better have one last check... no trailers on Youtube, nothing came up when searching other than a 2014 film called Alien Abduction... until I stumbled across a horror site that had a '30 years since...' kinda article, turns out it predated Blair Witch, was a TV movie and had the same kinda effect that BBC's 'Ghostwatch Live!' had, loads of people thought it was real.

I give you, Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County. So bad it's kinda good... https://archive.org/details/LakeCounty#

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #6582 on: Friday, October 29, 2021, 14:20:26 »

Dune.
Read the books as a young lad and the story stuck with me.
If anyone likes their sci-fi on an epic style, then go see.

Not a regular film goer by any means but it's good that the big booming Dolby surround sound of modern cinemas by and large drowns out the serial popcorn munchers and sweet bag rustlers.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #6583 on: Friday, October 29, 2021, 17:18:17 »

Thats not saying a woman or other race Bond wouldn't be good its just I want it kept as the book intended, nothign more nothing less.

Just my personal take.

COMPLETELY AGREE!!!!  I have read the books many times, Fleming did not write the character as a women or black man.  Not everything has to be changed to go with the "times". 

Craig was great but as for character honestly I think Lazenby did a pretty good job....his acting was shit but the way they shot movies during that time period was shit for me.  he had the look and just the right amount of mean.   
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6584 on: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 15:33:52 »

Finally watched No Time to Die last night, may have been as we were just watching it on the telly but it was all a bit meh from me!

Then again thought Spectre was pretty meh as well (biggest insult to that is that my missus who loves Bond films has never managed to stay awake watching Spectre which is most unlike her).

As for who the next Bond is, who knows, its a fictional character and will no doubt be a reboot so pretty blank canvas to work with.

Whoever they choose will piss off the perpetually angry snowflakes who like to claim everyone else is a snowflake.
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 438 [439] 440 441 442 ... 448   Go Up
Print
Jump to: