Pages: 1 ... 433 434 435 [436] 437 438 439 ... 448   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Films films filmsy films.  (Read 1245197 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #6525 on: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 22:19:59 »

Managed to find a watchable copy of the new Mortal Kombat film. If you enjoyed playing the games as a kid, you have to watch it. Some great homage to the original games, incredible, well choreographed fight scenes and fatalities like you've never seen before.
Questionable acting at times, but i wouldn't have it any other way. Well worth watch.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6526 on: Friday, May 7, 2021, 00:57:45 »

Saw a trailer for that the other and was leaning toward the nostalgia element (rather than the acting). I remember I felt very much the same way about Street Fighter when that was coming out...peak 90s cheese fest, with Kylie fucking Minogue iirc! I see Sky are showing it at present too. The film must now be about 25years young? Chun-Li should've been played by Lucy Liu though.

I tend to just watch "Big Trouble in Little China" on loop if I feel like seeing some good action combined with a nuts storyline and some questionable acting but it lacks on the gore department - it's more like "Monkey" on steroids. Except Monkey was quality Cheesy

Back to the new Mortal Kombat picture, I think the trouble with the likes of MK and SF, it's generally quite difficult to extract a good plot or story from a bunch of characters that don't really have any background - because they simply are platform CPU fighters. It'd be similar if they did it with Soul Blade/Calibur or even TEKKEN. The struggle is, if you stay too close to the computer game, it's going to have no depth...if you veer too far from it people (die hards) will criticise because it doesn't relate or stay true to the game.

I'll probably give it a bash and will try to remind myself that it isn't meant to be a great film but pure nostalgic fun. Nice to see that it's not gone down the SF route though of shipping in every "current" super famous person and hoping it works. At least they've given some others a go for once.

As for other computer-to-film franchises, I'd love to see the concept of Eternal Darkness (of GameCube fame) as a film. Resident Evil kind of got it right sometimes but tended to veer away from the RE story too far. For me though, the one that got it knob on (or as close as) was Silent Hill; even right down to the vomit inducing fear of the ever closening Pyramid Head.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #6527 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 09:41:31 »

My track record with films has been pretty decent of late so was only natural to pull out a duff.

Watched Game Over, Man. last night, staring Adam Devine, Anders Holm and Blake Anderson. I watched it based on me really enjoying the series Workaholics which they were in but boy was i wrong.

It wasn't bad to the point where it was unwatchable, and there were some genuine laughs but overall, was quite cringe especially the overuse of cameos such as Shaggy, Steve-O, Chris Pontius, Action Bronson, Joe McHale and Mark Cuban.

5/10

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #6528 on: Sunday, May 30, 2021, 10:48:53 »

Watched Army of the Dead on Netflix last night. So so bad. Like, really bad.

Terrible plot, terrible acting
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6529 on: Sunday, May 30, 2021, 10:53:13 »

Watched Army of the Dead on Netflix last night. So so bad. Like, really bad.

Terrible plot, terrible acting
So, bottom line.

Would you recommend? Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6530 on: Sunday, May 30, 2021, 11:16:47 »

Watched Kingdom with Jamie Foxx last night. Not a bad watch if you like FBI v terrorists type films.

He is also in Baby Driver which is one of my favs.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #6531 on: Sunday, May 30, 2021, 14:34:10 »

Baby Driver is a top film - great soundtrack

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #6532 on: Sunday, May 30, 2021, 17:57:11 »

Baby Driver is a great film.

I’m off to see Cruella tonight
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #6533 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2021, 09:32:29 »

So, bottom line.

Would you recommend? Cheesy
I mean, something kept from turning it off, so.......
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6534 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2021, 09:35:02 »

I’m off to see Cruella tonight

What did you think? Its actually quite watchable as a family film. Different to what I expected.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #6535 on: Wednesday, June 2, 2021, 10:07:02 »

What did you think? Its actually quite watchable as a family film. Different to what I expected.
I really enjoyed it, but due to illness of my companion i missed the last half hour, but i have booked up to go and see it again at the weekend, i do love my Cineworld Unlimited card.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6536 on: Sunday, June 6, 2021, 11:18:01 »

Looks good from the trailer

So, give no fucks
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #6537 on: Monday, June 7, 2021, 07:48:34 »

Palm Springs was pretty good.

Sent from my XQ-AD51
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #6538 on: Monday, June 7, 2021, 08:27:55 »

Palm Springs was pretty good.

Sent from my XQ-AD51
I was pleasantly surprised with Palm Springs. Very enjoyable.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #6539 on: Monday, June 7, 2021, 08:30:11 »

Watched "Nobody" last night. Very good. Lots of violence and with some subtle humor too.

Took me best part of the film to realise the lead actor was Saul from Beaching Bad/Better Call Saul. And Christopher Lloyd never fails to make you laugh.

Well worth watching.
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 435 [436] 437 438 439 ... 448   Go Up
Print
Jump to: