Pages: 1 ... 3267 3268 3269 [3270] 3271 3272 3273 ... 4009   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9204817 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #49035 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 05:51:13 »

McKirdy going is a blow.

We were short of goals anyway. Cant see the Plymouth lad scoring the goals we were missing AS WELL AS the goals McKirdy would provide.

We also haven’t address the need for a Grant ‘19 type midfielder…

Not all doom and gloom but certainly not as positive as others.
Still think we are worse off. Hopefully we push Darcy forward into McKirdys spot and he does well there.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #49036 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 05:53:52 »

I’ve seen a lot of good, important players for STFC over the decades - McKirdy isn’t in the top 20.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #49037 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 05:57:34 »

Underwhelmed? Blimey, you’re hard to please!

Problem now is picking a starting XI out of a bunch of very good players.

We’ve scored 6 goals in 8 games, and I’m not convinced yesterdays business leaves us stronger up top

Things get better but they never get good
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #49038 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 06:06:39 »

We’ve scored 6 goals in 8 games, and I’m not convinced yesterdays business leaves us stronger up top

Taking the flip side - could it get any worse? Let’s face it, McKirdy was part of the drought - either through lack of goals or suspension.  If we had scored 12 and McKirdy and scored 7 of those, we’d be up in arms at losing McKirdy but to be fair, I don’t think we’ll miss him that much and I think we’ll operate better as a unit rather than revolving our game plan around a petulant rag doll.

That said I wish Harry the best of luck at Hibs - last year the team excelled all our expectations and reset the rot. I was worried at the start of the season but these signings and moving Harry on make complete footballing and business sense… it’s up to SL now to make it work…
« Last Edit: Friday, September 2, 2022, 06:11:38 by @MacPhlea » Logged
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #49039 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 06:21:31 »

We sorted the right back issue which is good but we’ve left ourselves in exactly the same position as we were 2 days ago up top. Jephcott was the extra forward we needed but losing McKirdy just meant we need another 1st team ready forward and that hasn’t happened. So we are still light up top and if Jephcott gets injured then what? 

Also still think we lack bite and a ball winner in midfield especially when it comes to seeing games out but that just seems a type of player the club has no interest in.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #49040 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 06:23:06 »

We were never going to buy another central midfielder, we have about 8 we're trying to get into the same side already. I know people pine for a Grant type enforcer but neither of our last two managers have shown the slightest interest in that kind of player.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #49041 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 06:24:08 »

Bet he's chuffed with all the pissing about  Cheesy

Evidently was on the plane back home when the deal finally went through.
Just think it was probably the best outcome as his head was all over the place.

Massive loss losing the goals but can only hope Jephcott picks up where H left off.
We do remain one striker short, clearly hoping Adeloye suddenly does a Fjortoft with us.

Not a bad window regarding losing players.
Can only hope the new players hit the ground running.

Credit Swindon though for the brinkmanship regarding McKirdy, would have the previous owner cashed in at a reduced fee earlier on?
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #49042 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 06:25:32 »

How long is this Hepburn-Murphy out for?

Think a lot of people seem to be forgetting him?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #49043 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 06:27:31 »

As soon as Duke said the McKirdy deal was off - it was obviously going to happen.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #49044 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 06:29:49 »

We’re far stronger than a couple of days ago. Defence/midfield have loads of options. Wakeling and Jephcott will score goals for sure - hopefully Doyle/Yates style.

All last season we operated with 1 striker - either Simpson or Davison, both novices. They’ve been replaced with a proven goalscorer.

We’re never going to field an enforcer type.

Bugger picking a starting XI, though.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #49045 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 06:30:32 »

Is anyone else having "quoting issues"?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #49046 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 06:30:45 »

Doesn’t affect us now, I think, but

‘Hibs and Harry McKirdy - it's not cut and dry. A three-year deal has been agreed with the player but the transfer is subject to FIFA approval as it's gone right to the wire with paperwork. Suggestion the issue is at the Swindon end. Chances are it will spill into next week’
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #49047 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 06:32:22 »

We’re far stronger than a couple of days ago. Defence/midfield have loads of options. Wakeling and Jephcott will score goals for sure - hopefully Doyle/Yates style.

All last season we operated with 1 striker - either Simpson or Davison, both novices. They’ve been replaced with a proven goalscorer.

We’re never going to field an enforcer type.

Bugger picking a starting XI, though.

Don’t think we are stronger.

We’ve sold last seasons top scorer and replaced him with a Plymouth bench warmer and an injured striker who doesn’t score goals.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #49048 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 06:34:33 »

Last season being the operative words. We’ve done fuck all with him this season.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #49049 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 06:34:36 »

Morgan Roberts is a very good player. Been excellent for Banbury this season. Ex Northampton. 5 goals this season.
Video of Banbury's recent game against Hereford. He looks pretty good:

Pages: 1 ... 3267 3268 3269 [3270] 3271 3272 3273 ... 4009   Go Up
Print
Jump to: