Pages: 1 ... 3076 3077 3078 [3079] 3080 3081 3082 ... 3970   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8936614 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #46170 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 11:12:14 »

He only started 6 games as he was basically back up left back, my mate says he definately has something about him for such a young age. It went wrong at Walsall when he got an injury.

He is the sort of player we are looking at, one for the future with a good background at a big club, we will not be signing any player who is at the top of his game, we dont have the budget or the level of league to expect that.

He is exactly the type and age of player that the new system is targetting and we have to learn to live with that, I doubt we will sign any player older than 24 or who has previously "set the world on fire" at any level of football, other than possibly youth level.

It is what it is, I would be shocked if we sign a player with more than 50 first team starts previously.
I just rewatched the Walsall highlights and he was even worst than I remember, he was the player (number 30)  that bottled the challenge with Egbo for the first and completely AWOL for the move that led to the penalty.  Certainly doesn’t look anywhere near the level to be a regular starter if we are really looking to challenge.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #46171 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 11:13:16 »

Hopefully those who want to go leave ASAP.  We need to crack on with this season and OUR players.

I'm in the same boat. We can't really be pissfarting around waiting on Reed/Payne and others. We hopefully now have a good budget increased by the Twine sell on and should in theory be able to fund a squad to challenge for honours this season.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #46172 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 11:16:06 »

I just rewatched the Walsall highlights and he was even worst than I remember, he was the player (number 30)  that bottled the challenge with Egbo for the first and completely AWOL for the move that led to the penalty.  Certainly doesn’t look anywhere near the level to be a regular starter if we are really looking to challenge.

We ripped them apart down that side first half. Shade and Devine's side Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #46173 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 11:18:37 »

We were tipped by many to go down and finished 6th, I'd say it worked pretty well.

Predictions before a ball has been kicked is a load of bollocks TBH.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #46174 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 11:19:02 »

Who at the club had the contacts at Villa ? I wonder if we will have those contacts still or if they went with Garner and his style of football

Didn't Clem or Rob say Man City would help us out after the FA Cup game and the club would do something together, wonder if they have any decent youngsters they want to loan out for free ?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #46175 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 11:27:09 »

Strangely, I’m getting quite comfortable about the outgoings. They’re L1 players but no more. We seemed to have heaped the blame on Garner for why we didn’t get over the line - maybe it was just as much about the players, too.

Fuck the lot of them.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #46176 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 11:31:04 »

More comfortable now that Twine appears to be concluded.
As others have said some of this should find its way into the transfer / wages budget.

Need to come to terms with losing Payne. That was almost a cert from May.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #46177 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 11:32:12 »

Strangely, I’m getting quite comfortable about the outgoings. They’re L1 players but no more. We seemed to have heaped the blame on Garner for why we didn’t get over the line - maybe it was just as much about the players, too.

Fuck the lot of them.

2 chances at 12 yards. Sadly that was it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #46178 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 11:37:24 »

I just rewatched the Walsall highlights and he was even worst than I remember, he was the player (number 30)  that bottled the challenge with Egbo for the first and completely AWOL for the move that led to the penalty.  Certainly doesn’t look anywhere near the level to be a regular starter if we are really looking to challenge.
Everyone is allowed an off game, Walsall fans think he is "one to watch" going by their forum and said he was unlucky as he had 3 different managers in his first 5 games and that they looked weaker when he wasn't playing.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #46179 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 11:39:36 »

Predictions before a ball has been kicked is a load of bollocks TBH.

Wouldn't disagree there.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #46180 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 11:40:46 »

More comfortable now that Twine appears to be concluded.
As others have said some of this should find its way into the transfer / wages budget.

Need to come to terms with losing Payne. That was almost a cert from May.
You’d like to think so. I still hold some concerns that these current incomings will be more than just fringe/development players based on what Sandro has said in the past. It would be nice to see some links to more senior pro’s as well.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #46181 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 11:42:44 »

Everyone is allowed an off game, Walsall fans think he is "one to watch" going by their forum and said he was unlucky as he had 3 different managers in his first 5 games and that they looked weaker when he wasn't playing.

From what I have heard from FGR fans, Lindsey is a very good coach, so like it or not, these are the type of players we are going to be working with. He's only 20 and is going to be very raw. Hopefully he'll kick on with us and improve and become an integral part of the squad.

That said, it's a punt really isn't it?

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #46182 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 11:47:38 »

That said, it's a punt really isn't it?
This is the crux of it really, are we going to be a team of ‘punts’ or will we also sign some more experienced known quantities?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #46183 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 11:49:22 »

This is the crux of it really, are we going to be a team of ‘punts’ or will we also sign some more experienced known quantities?

My hunch is that we're going to be bringing in the 'punts' early and the more experienced players will come later in the window. Clearly we don't have anything like the experience needed in the current squad and will need numbers there also.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #46184 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 11:50:09 »

Wouldn't disagree there.

Nope, if anything we should be doing MORE before a ball has been kicked predictions.

Devine will be worse left back than Yinka Casal
Shade will do 42 step overs a game, deliver 3 crosses a game which all hit the first man.
Massey will score a tap in on his debut, never score for us again and be playing non league before he’s 20.
Brynn will be better than Kovar at least but will cost us loads of goals by punching it instead of catching it.
Reed will be shit and we will all blast the fact we didn’t boot him out in the summer.
Frenchie will get injured for 4 months in August and we’ll all wish we binned him off. DoB will pine for Conroy.
Back to back home defeats to Colchester and Hartlepool and us in 14th place will see Lindsey sacked.
As we lose a lot of games 4D will spend more time posting in the match day threads about Oxfords attendances / Charltons season / Port Vale.
Someone will say ‘at least we still have a club’ at least one every game.
We’ll go out in the first round of every cup competition.
McKirdy will go on a massive goal drought and someone will proclaim all his ability was in his homeless lesbian hair.
Lyden will start on a pay as you play. Play 12 games in a row sign a 2 year contract then be out for the season.
We’ll have 7 different names drop to even for our next manager on BetVictor but we’ll appoint Mildy and Peacock 7 weeks later anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 3076 3077 3078 [3079] 3080 3081 3082 ... 3970   Go Up
Print
Jump to: