Pages: 1 ... 3073 3074 3075 [3076] 3077 3078 3079 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8968531 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #46125 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 09:32:10 »

Charltonfans are bemused as to why they needed another keeper at all. They already have 2 decent ones according to them.

Looking at this they now have 4 on the books https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022%E2%80%9323_Charlton_Athletic_F.C._season

Bloody hell look mat the size of that squad, L1 is a different beast.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #46126 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 09:34:27 »

Charltonfans are bemused as to why they needed another keeper at all. They already have 2 decent ones according to them.

That wasn't what I read when browsing their forum.

"MacGillvary - one of the poorest keepers we have had in years"
"After what we witnessed last season with MacG it's no surprise we have brought someone new in"

Don't think a lot of their fans were impressed with their number 1 keeper last season and seemingly he doesn't play the ball out from the back ever so think he could be on the way out from them.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #46127 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 09:40:49 »

My take.

Garner can fuck off and eat shit for dismantling our team.

Egbo was a good player in L2 but will be out of his depth in L1 as he stands currently, too weak defensively, will be a better winger than fullback.

Jojo was a very good keeper who lost his way after his international call ups, had his head turned, cannot fault his shot stopping, better keeper than Ward IMO but by the look of it Brynn looks an adequate replacement. Jojo will be perfectly fine for a L1 club and I think will do well for them.

Reed, excellent player who will be good in L1 if he does leave, but he needs good players around him to perform, will be the biggest miss if he does go there, has to be worth £200k of anyones money, so Garner...show us your money and we can talk.

Payne might be waiting for the Garner contact before he decides if he wants to stay or not.

McKirdy has often suggested he would love to be back in London so I hear, obviously another under contract so a fee again of at least £250k would probably be asked for. Not 100% sure he will have another season as he did last season, but hes a 10 goal a season player for me and L1 may well be a bit beynd him currently too IMO.

Tyrese (Slim) Shade looked very good and quick at LWB and LW for Walsall, not sure where the idea hes a striker came from. Looked their best player by a country mile when playing against us for Walsall, yes he faded but looks to have something about him, and hes ours not a loan.

Walsall fans are ambivalent about him, ome sayign he was good and some that he was poor, that could be sour grapes as he signed for us and not them maybe?

More signings please today, lets get a striker and centre back in now and hopefully both fullback positions being filled. Although Shade may have been signed so we play with wingbacks rather than fullbacks under Scott?

Scott Twine to Burnley for £4m will increase our coffers by about £750k which hopefully some will be reinvested in the playing staff.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #46128 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 09:43:50 »

"After what we witnessed last season with MacG it's no surprise we have brought someone new in"

Don't think a lot of their fans were impressed with their number 1 keeper last season and seemingly he doesn't play the ball out from the back ever so think he could be on the way out from them.
My mate is a Charlton fan and doesnt rate either 1st team keeper they have either, I told him that Jojo will do well for them though IMO.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #46129 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 09:44:37 »

Bit skimpy on your valuations there, JJ
Peter Venkman

« Reply #46130 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 09:50:09 »

Bit skimpy on your valuations there, JJ
Both only have 1 year left on their contracts hence the lower valuation, also Charlton seem tobe unwilling to pay us much in compensation, also they are at the end of the day both L2 players (at the moment).

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #46131 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 09:52:27 »

Sadly I think he may be closer to the valuation than you think Aud. Market values of players in league 2 are just not very high and I personally can't see us getting any more than about 300k for Reed. (with % sell on of course) It does seem a pittance but unfortunately we are bottom feeders and for a player with only 1 year left on his contract can't see us getting much more.

McKirdy, well you are buying proven league 2 goals and a fucking menace on and off the field. Again the short contract goes against us but you pay more for goals and so i'd value him about 400k?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #46132 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 09:54:35 »

I feel we have more to lose than gain by selling our best players. It would strike me as very unambitious as I doubt we would be able to use any money to get proven replacements in.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #46133 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 09:55:23 »

Walsall fans are ambivalent about him, ome sayign he was good and some that he was poor, that could be sour grapes as he signed for us and not them maybe?

Think that can easily be answered by looking at the fact that for some JoJo’s ability has drastically diminished in the last 24 hours

Amazing how quickly a player’s ability can change for the better or worse when he is suddenly no longer your own player
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #46134 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 09:56:57 »

They are in for a roller-coaster with Garner and JJ then....
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #46135 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 09:58:23 »

Sadly I think he may be closer to the valuation than you think Aud. Market values of players in league 2 are just not very high and I personally can't see us getting any more than about 300k for Reed. (with % sell on of course) It does seem a pittance but unfortunately we are bottom feeders and for a player with only 1 year left on his contract can't see us getting much more.

McKirdy, well you are buying proven league 2 goals and a fucking menace on and off the field. Again the short contract goes against us but you pay more for goals and so i'd value him about 400k?

Not sure on Mckirdy being even valued that high, one good season amongst a lot of nothing seasons. I personally expect him to fall off the cliff a bit this season, hopefully I’m wrong.

Reed, £300k for a league 2 player with a year left is quite a high valuation IMO
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #46136 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 09:59:40 »

Experienced Centre forward top of my list, probably won't come about until later in the window but no amount of data can take into account a poachers instinct. Someone towards the end of their career who just knows where the net is, who will in turn help younger players develop massively.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #46137 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 10:00:41 »

Rumour

Reece Devine
My best mate is a St Johnstone fan and he thinks he looked really handy at LB until he was sent off and then recalled by United, played in the Europa league for them too including a draw at Galatasaray. Got injured at Walsall in his 2nd loan though.

The sort of player we should probably be looking at for the future.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #46138 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 10:01:47 »

Reece Devine has been around I think. Not sure if it's a loan or not
Peter Venkman

« Reply #46139 on: Friday, June 24, 2022, 10:05:11 »

Reece Devine has been around I think. Not sure if it's a loan or not
Hes been freed by United.

Released:
D’Mani Mellor
Edinson Cavani
Reece Devine
Lee Grant
Jesse Lingard
Juan Mata
Nemanja Matic
Paul McShane
Paul Pogba
Connor Stanley
Paul Woolston

Pages: 1 ... 3073 3074 3075 [3076] 3077 3078 3079 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: