Pages: 1 ... 2959 2960 2961 [2962] 2963 2964 2965 ... 3965   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8870786 times)
digby

Ignore
« Reply #44415 on: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 23:28:53 »

Donahue also mentions he may look to get back into the professional game in January - I'd certainly be happy to see him back here, especially as left back is a position that needs strengthening !
Hunk

« Reply #44416 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 04:34:24 »

Very interesting article about Dion Donahue, and why he left Swindon and quit professional football all together. Main reason was for family reasons, as his young niece was diagnosed with a terminal illness, but also a possible jail term for gbh !

He said Richie Wellens was brilliant and said “You sort your family out and make sure everything’s all right. Then come back when you are ready”.

Contrast that with Sheridactyl ‘The manager (John Sheridan) turned around and told me he’d just had a bereavement in his family, but I didn’t see him asking for time off. I just thought: “Do you know what, I’m not playing for you any more”.
‘When Swindon’s manager said that to me, I no longer had any interest in playing for that man.

Worth a read https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1104644793?-343:794

That was an excellent, albeit rather difficult, read. Dion comes across very well. Sounds like a very honest guy with his priorities sorted. Would certainly take him back here
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #44417 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 08:08:31 »

I don't think he'd come back reading that. I certainly wouldn't as my opinion would be influenced by my last impression.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #44418 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 09:20:38 »

What makes me laugh about Sheridan's reaction is that you'd think from what he said that he was the league's most hardworking manager, where in reality he turned up a couple of times a week and let the coaches do the rest. He couldn't even be arsed to get to the ground in time to communicate the teamsheet to the squad.

He didn't put club before family out of any sense of duty. He just wanted to wring one last pay cheque out of his failed career for minimum input.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #44419 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 09:46:41 »

Sheridan the worst football Manager in our history.
A Power masterclass putting him in charge and solely responsible for relegating us.
Writing off that season chapter only thankfully we didn’t have to travel to watch it.
Plenty of stories about Sheridan and so glad he has long gone. Thankfully we can only look forward now to a brighter future. It’s a million miles better in such a short period of time.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #44420 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 09:48:08 »

Probably just the way Power planned it😡

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #44421 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 10:32:36 »

Sheridan the worst football Manager in our history.
A Power masterclass putting him in charge and solely responsible for relegating us.
Writing off that season chapter only thankfully we didn’t have to travel to watch it.
Plenty of stories about Sheridan and so glad he has long gone. Thankfully we can only look forward now to a brighter future. It’s a million miles better in such a short period of time.
Yep, I think by Christmas Power wanted to get us relegated so that Clem would take over a sinking ship in a division lower with apossible points deduction hanging over our heads.

Sheridan was easily the worst manager we have ever had in our entire history, least wins, most defeats, most home defeats, most goals against, consecutive defeats etc etc the list is never ending, I hope he is never allowed anywhere near another football club again.

Disliked by players, fans and staff equally, a man with a relegation agenda from above and the only part of his job he actually was a complete success in, even down to the fake "I am going to quit" after the one game, what a masterclass in utter cuntery.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #44422 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 10:36:04 »

Makes you wonder how an ex player and long time manager, who presumably loved the game, could stoop so low to do Powrr’s bidding.

I honestly can’t imagine how the initial conversation could have gone.

Power: ‘Hi, Sheridactyl, fancy a job where your aim is to get a club relegated?’

Sheridactyl: ‘Sounds like my dream job. Where do I sign!’
Peter Venkman

« Reply #44423 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 10:42:11 »

Makes you wonder how an ex player and long time manager, who presumably loved the game, could stoop so low to do Powrr’s bidding.

I honestly can’t imagine how the initial conversation could have gone.

Power: ‘Hi, Sheridactyl, fancy a job where your aim is to get a club relegated?’

Sheridactyl: ‘Sounds like my dream job. Where do I sign!’
Not sure that he was given that proviso during th ejob interview, I think when he appointed him Power had every intention of selling the club to somebody else other than Clem so wanted to keep us up at that point. I think Power really thought Sheridan could get us results.

As the season progressed and it became evident Sheridan was a shocking manager and that Clem was the sole bidder then Power said to Sheridan..."Fuck the results, it doesnt matter any more, also dont even bother coming to training if you dont want to".

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #44424 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 10:50:28 »

I’ve always maintained that Power wanted us down to put off any bidders other than the mythical Able so he could do his financial jiggery pokery and/or Administration to get Standing off his back.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #44425 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 11:05:59 »

I’ve always maintained that Power wanted us down to put off any bidders other than the mythical Able so he could do his financial jiggery pokery and/or Administration to get Standing off his back.
This time last year I thought that that would be suicide for the club and that he would never ever do something that petty and stupid.

But as I heard more and more coming out of the club from various sources then I am convinced that was indeed his motive.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #44426 on: Friday, November 19, 2021, 11:21:24 »

No matter what, all he was ever interested in was a way of making money out of the club. If he could make more being in L2, so be it.

I think it was naive in the extreme when he took over that some people were questioning how could he make money at a pissy lower league club and he was here out of the goodness of his heart.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #44427 on: Saturday, December 4, 2021, 14:49:00 »

Might as well start off the silly season

‘Scouts from Swindon Town, Harrogate Town and Nottingham Forest in attendance at #LUFC U23s vs Leicester tonight.’
Peter Venkman

« Reply #44428 on: Saturday, December 4, 2021, 15:38:38 »

Might as well start off the silly season

‘Scouts from Swindon Town, Harrogate Town and Nottingham Forest in attendance at #LUFC U23s vs Leicester tonight.’
Well we have had loans from both those teams in the last couple of years so perhaps we have been told of the loan availability of players in January from both teams?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #44429 on: Monday, December 6, 2021, 07:05:20 »

Here’s another one. Parsons and Aguiar should have some insight.

Just googled this one and, strangely, there’s absolutely no mention of him at Chippenham. Although there is a player of that name playing for Shelbourne in Ireland.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-bristol-rovers-and-swindon-town-eyeing-transfer-move-for-non-league-ace/
« Last Edit: Monday, December 6, 2021, 07:18:28 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 2959 2960 2961 [2962] 2963 2964 2965 ... 3965   Go Up
Print
Jump to: