Pages: 1 ... 2958 2959 2960 [2961] 2962 2963 2964 ... 3964   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8868951 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #44400 on: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 11:49:11 »

Bit low in that department for sure! Maybe he’s an ‘attacker’.
Attacking midfielder.

22 year-old attacking midfielder who joined Derby County at U15 level, progressing to earn a professional contract with The Rams in 2016. The summer of 2018 saw Alex move on loan to Spanish Club Real Union for a six month spell, making 14 senior appearances. The following season saw him have a month on loan with Northern Premier League side FC United of Manchester.
Alex would play regularly for the Derby County Under 23 side before being released at the end of season 2019/20. Last season Alex joined National League North side Alfreton Town before when their season was abandoned due to Covid he joined Kings Lynn Town, making 10 appearances in the National League for the Linnets in the last two months of the season. Alex played for the Welsh Under 21 side, making 8 appearances during the European qualifiers for the 2019 competition.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #44401 on: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 12:00:18 »

Alex Babos, Banbury is on our radar apparently.

Where have you heard this? Not heard anything Banbury end
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #44402 on: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 12:02:43 »

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-salford-city-walsall-and-swindon-town-eye-deal-for-23-year-old/
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #44403 on: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 12:10:49 »

Bit low in that department for sure! Maybe he’s an ‘attacker’.

I believe the word that Garner likes to use is "forward" of which none of our current midfielders can really be classed as IMO - maybe Harry Mac at a push if you are calling him a midfielder

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #44404 on: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 12:55:42 »

People really need to get over this.

Half this thread has been taken up by arguments about whether or not Simpson is our only "real" forward player. It's like I've slipped through a time warp to a time when everyone played a rigid 442, and needed a traditional front 2 with one big lump and a quick little player to feed off the knock downs.

Fuck me half of you aren't even old enough to remember when everyone had that.

By some definitions I've read here Liverpool, a very free scoring top side, don't have a genuine striker in their squad. Man City going that way too.

It's not like we're goal shy is it? Can we have faith the manager might know more about his job than we do?
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 13:03:36 by dalumpimunki » Logged

..never go back.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #44405 on: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 13:05:32 »

I don't necessarily believe fans are suggesting someone to play up front with Simpson. I think the issue appears to be that we believe that it would be helpful to have a 'proper' option to give Simpson a proper rest, or heaven forbid he gets injured. I'm not convinced anyone else in our squad offers the same front play attributes that Tyrese Simpson does.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #44406 on: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 13:11:15 »

I don't necessarily believe fans are suggesting someone to play up front with Simpson. I think the issue appears to be that we believe that it would be helpful to have a 'proper' option to give Simpson a proper rest, or heaven forbid he gets injured. I'm not convinced anyone else in our squad offers the same front play attributes that Tyrese Simpson does.

But that's based on the assumption that we can only play one way. The way we do with Simpson starting. I'm suggesting that there are plenty of teams whose forward lines look more like McKirdy and Gilbert than Simpson, and that adding another attack from deep, or wide, forward isn't a bad thing.

..never go back.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #44407 on: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 13:11:17 »

Agree 100%.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #44408 on: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 13:16:56 »

But that's based on the assumption that we can only play one way. The way we do with Simpson starting. I'm suggesting that there are plenty of teams whose forward lines look more like McKirdy and Gilbert than Simpson, and that adding another attack from deep, or wide, forward isn't a bad thing.
But we DO only play one way this season, we have a style and not tactics as such.

If you look at every other side in this league they do all have a player like Simpson, just some are not as good, I would say every side we have played this season has had one big man up front with a 2ns smaller striker playing alongside or just behind him.

This is not the Premier League.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #44409 on: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 13:47:03 »

Half this thread has been taken up by arguments about whether or not Simpson is our only "real" forward player. It's like I've slipped through a time warp to a time when everyone played a rigid 442, and needed a traditional front 2 with one big lump and a quick little player to feed off the knock downs.

By some definitions I've read here Liverpool, a very free scoring top side, don't have a genuine striker in their squad. Man City going that way too.

It's not like we're goal shy is it? Can we have faith the manager might know more about his job than we do?

Simpson is our only striker.
Liverpool & Manchester City both tend to play with an out and out striker. They just have a number of world class attacking midfielders.

We have only used one style of play so far this season.

We’d be lost without Simpson leading the line.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #44410 on: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 14:02:32 »

Simpson hasn't played up front on his own for a while now.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #44411 on: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 15:07:14 »

There is nothing to get over, we are just discussing and debating our current squad..  Fuck about, anyone would think this is not a forum for discussion about Swindon Town and any other bollocks people want to post on here..

Perhaps you are too old to remember what forums were invented for..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #44412 on: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 15:14:10 »

We've only played one way in the league (other than the flirtation with 442'which I can't see being repeated), because Simpson has always been available.

In the Trophy we've wanted to give Parsons a game. It'll be interesting to see what we do in that competition with him out on loan.

But our coaching team have good reputations. They will have trained a side to play without the big fellah. They know that an injury or suspension would mean an adjustment, and will have prepped for it.

Simpson isn't even a traditional big lump back to goal no 9 that provides an easy out ball for defenders. He seems to be more a powerful channel runner, a Heskey type. In that role his power is a bonus, but not an essential.

If our primary attacking strategy was pumping long balls up to him to chest down and hold to bring in the likes of McKirdy, then it would be more of a concern. But, and I admit this is mainly from highlights, I've not seen an over reliance on that. From commentary in media and on here it seems like that's not really his strength.

..never go back.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #44413 on: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 16:01:00 »

Deleted, should learn to read things properly!
digby

Ignore
« Reply #44414 on: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 23:22:55 »

Very interesting article about Dion Donahue, and why he left Swindon and quit professional football all together. Main reason was for family reasons, as his young niece was diagnosed with a terminal illness, but also a possible jail term for gbh !

He said Richie Wellens was brilliant and said “You sort your family out and make sure everything’s all right. Then come back when you are ready”.

Contrast that with Sheridactyl ‘The manager (John Sheridan) turned around and told me he’d just had a bereavement in his family, but I didn’t see him asking for time off. I just thought: “Do you know what, I’m not playing for you any more”.
‘When Swindon’s manager said that to me, I no longer had any interest in playing for that man.

Worth a read https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1104644793?-343:794
Pages: 1 ... 2958 2959 2960 [2961] 2962 2963 2964 ... 3964   Go Up
Print
Jump to: