Pages: 1 ... 3682 3683 3684 [3685] 3686 3687 3688 ... 4030   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9267510 times)
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #55260 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 11:18:15 »

In an ideal world we would use some of this competitive budget to fund the UGM transfer without having to let Lavinier go

But if needs must and we get adequate wingback cover then so be it.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #55261 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 11:23:06 »

Thread split because there were virtually no transfer rumours, please continue with STFC transfer rumours here.

Probably could have shoved all the "is Clem skint/selling stuff" in the boardroom thread too, if you can add those posts to a different one.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #55262 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 11:24:32 »

Think letting Lavinier go is stupid…

If we ultimately sell Hutton I’d definitely agree.
Have to say Lavinier on the left was always a case of “he does quite well considering he’s not playing in his natural position”.
If we sign a LWB, assuming he’s decent, he would probably start over Lavinier anyway
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #55263 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 11:27:25 »

Whelan reckons 1 in and 1 out today. Guess thats Lav gone.

Kinda back to where we were with discussions earlier in the week.

I think swapping our back up right back for a starting CB makes sense. Less so if losing Hutton is a risk though.

Even less so in the short term given lack of LB. But if Lavs isnt fit then thats a non issue anyway.

Transfer business is for the long term, but we need to have one idea on results from first few games and we need a LWB for that.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #55264 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 11:43:40 »

Probably could have shoved all the "is Clem skint/selling stuff" in the boardroom thread too, if you can add those posts to a different one.
It passed my mind but I dont have the time to sort through the posts TBH mate.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #55265 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 12:04:41 »

In an ideal world we would use some of this competitive budget to fund the UGM transfer without having to let Lavinier go

But if needs must and we get adequate wingback cover then so be it.

That's if FGR would take the deal on those terms. With Lavinier going the other way the story becomes "look at this promising youngster we've signed from our local riva!s" rather than "FGR sell first team regular".

..never go back.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #55266 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 12:08:47 »

That's if FGR would take the deal on those terms. With Lavinier going the other way the story becomes "look at this promising youngster we've signed from our local riva!s" rather than "FGR sell first team regular".

True but as he’s out of contract and it’s make a deal or risk tribunal (risk for either team) then I imagine it’s in everyone’s interests to agree a fee without it. Rumoured they were after 200k + sell on which is a fair wedge all things considered
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #55267 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 12:11:48 »

True but as he’s out of contract and it’s make a deal or risk tribunal (risk for either team) then I imagine it’s in everyone’s interests to agree a fee without it. Rumoured they were after 200k + sell on which is a fair wedge all things considered

Exactly, let's all parties present it like they got the best end of the deal.

..never go back.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #55268 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 12:55:44 »

Surely we don't want to be selling promising players that are likely to be first team players (i.e. Lavinier), you would imagine though either way he could do better than FGR

But if he goes then it means his position needs to be replaced as there will be no cover

I always thought Clem said there is always money there to pay for small fee's if it is felt it was a good investment - not being shown at the moment
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #55269 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 12:59:58 »

We’re two days before the start of the season, and we’re 6/7 players short of Flynns ideal squad size.

With this transfer we will still be 6/7 players short

It’s such a daft way of running a football club

Things get better but they never get good
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #55270 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 13:01:28 »

I think we have to trust the manager and that there is something about Lavinier that doesn't fit his plans. We have all been happy at the other outgoings, so it seems as if he is getting to the heart of the problems within the team.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
DMC

« Reply #55271 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 13:02:11 »

TBF the manager has said he wants 2 centre halves and a lwb. I would sacrifice ML if we are getting that. You are right about fees and the club did that last year and it looks like we are lumbered with players we can't sell on.

I think we need to see what we have when the window is done and then judge. If we go out and sign 4 more like Jake Young then questions need to be asked but with Kemp and Kinsella likely to be starters the manager has shown jis intentions for me so lets wait and see
DMC

« Reply #55272 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 13:03:35 »

We’re two days before the start of the season, and we’re 6/7 players short of Flynns ideal squad size.

With this transfer we will still be 6/7 players short

It’s such a daft way of running a football club
We will never agree but that is only clear at the end of the season theres no way we know that now. If we win our first 4 games all this is forgotten, if we lose then yeah spot on
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #55273 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 13:03:44 »

FGR forum on the deal.

Just noticed that today Dokes has been removed from the pen pics on Team page of main site. He was still showing yesterday. We have been quite adept at removing leavers, just need to see the new faces.
That suggests confirmation due.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #55274 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 13:06:29 »

I concur that 2 x CD's and 1 x LWB are required, but I'd also say letting Lavinier go creates another urgent position to fill as we have nobody to cover the wing backs - I am not counting Shade, a) because he is injured and b) because he doesn't count as a player anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 3682 3683 3684 [3685] 3686 3687 3688 ... 4030   Go Up
Print
Jump to: