Pages: 1 ... 3684 3685 3686 [3687] 3688 3689 3690 ... 4029   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9262879 times)
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #55290 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 13:51:55 »

The question that hasn’t been asked

Is this fella from FGR any good.

I think so from what I’ve seen of him. Seems perfect for the right side of a back 3 but would be a bit more suspect as a CB in a back 4, capable of playing RB/RWB as well.

I had him and JMT down as out of contract players I wanted us to take a look at at the start of the summer, nearly got both  Cheesy
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #55291 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 13:52:38 »

If you go by the FGR forum, hes fast, not too bad in the air but not very tall, not even a 6 footer, can pass and play a bit, looks decent on the ball but gets caught out of position a few times in every game.

He has been used ar RB and RCB by FGR and managers never seem to know what is his best position apparently.

If he stays at FGR he would be 3rd or even 4th choice CB and 2nd choice RB so he is looking to move on in his career and play regular 1st team football.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #55292 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 13:52:59 »

Supposedly good and much better in a back 3 but can play at RB which i think also covers the what if Hutton gets injured comments.

If our entire first XI have to keep being a swiss army knife then we will be in trouble.  They are all at risk of being Iandolo'd
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #55293 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 13:59:28 »

From my very limited viewing of him..

Quick.
Decent pass on him.
Happy to bring the ball out and start attacks.

Defensively i don't know much about him - i imagine him being a key outlet for Mahoney and looking for passes to Hutton or the midfield, and being pretty good at it.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #55294 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 14:00:05 »

Football insider now reporting Lavonier to FGR
adje

Ignore
« Reply #55295 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 14:26:25 »

If you go by the FGR forum, hes fast, not too bad in the air but not very tall, not even a 6 footer, can pass and play a bit, looks decent on the ball but gets caught out of position a few times in every game.

He has been used ar RB and RCB by FGR and managers never seem to know what is his best position apparently.

If he stays at FGR he would be 3rd or even 4th choice CB and 2nd choice RB so he is looking to move on in his career and play regular 1st team football.
Sounds like a Brewitt without the height

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #55296 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 14:28:42 »

I've been assuming that the plan is to play an old fashioned back 3 with a single CB flanked by a left sided and a right sided defender. With wing backs being pushed up the pitch. Then three in CM with the mix depending on opposition but default being a destroyer, a passer, and a no 10 in the hole. Two up front. I

If this fellah can be a right footed equivalent of FBT then that'll  work. Gives us the ability to go to 442 mid game if need be.

..never go back.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #55297 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 14:30:21 »

I've been assuming that the plan is to play an old fashioned back 3 with a single CB flanked by a left sided and a right sided defender. With wing backs being pushed up the pitch. Then three in CM with the mix depending on opposition but default being a destroyer, a passer, and a no 10 in the hole. Two up front. I

If this fellah can be a right footed equivalent of FBT then that'll  work. Gives us the ability to go to 442 mid game if need be.

Doe give us some flexibility in the way we play. Some people forget we started last season with a bunch of wing backs before we realised we were shit at 3 at the back.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #55298 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 14:31:41 »

Sounds like a Brewitt without the height
Brewitt doesnt have much pace TBH hes not slow but hes not quick, also Dokes is 4 years younger than Brewitt.

UTR

Ignore
« Reply #55299 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 14:35:23 »

All depends on who we get in to play that central CB role in the 3. FBT and UGM are good options for the wide spots but it all falls apart a bit if we don’t recruit a commanding, physical, tall CB to complete the 3.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #55300 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 14:36:00 »

Football insider now reporting Lavonier to FGR

https://the72.co.uk/2023/08/03/swindon-town-defender-set-to-complete-move-to-league-two-rivals/

ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #55301 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 14:39:23 »

UGM is great. Watched him play for FGR a number of times over the past few seasons. Proper modern CB, really good at progressive passing and ball carrying. Also perfectly competent defensively and is a proper shit house - I remember how much he rattled me during that Willo incident at the CG in 2022. His lack of height hasn't served as much of an issue to them either.

FGR were convinced they'd be selling him for a very high 6 figure fee or not more to a championship team eventually. Hopefully he realises that potential with us.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #55302 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 14:42:33 »

Disappointing - thought he looked really good against Eastleigh till he got crocked. I'm sure they know what they are doing though  Roll Eyes
Peter Venkman

« Reply #55303 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 14:46:34 »

Disappointing - thought he looked really good against Eastleigh till he got crocked. I'm sure they know what they are doing though  Roll Eyes
It is disappointing, I liked Lavinier and would loved him to stay I think he has loads of potential even if he has had a lot of injuries in the last year.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #55304 on: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 14:48:23 »

UGM is great. Watched him play for FGR a number of times over the past few seasons. Proper modern CB, really good at progressive passing and ball carrying. Also perfectly competent defensively and is a proper shit house - I remember how much he rattled me during that Willo incident at the CG in 2022. His lack of height hasn't served as much of an issue to them either.

FGR were convinced they'd be selling him for a very high 6 figure fee or not more to a championship team eventually. Hopefully he realises that potential with us.

Did he turn down a new contract or was he released?
Pages: 1 ... 3684 3685 3686 [3687] 3688 3689 3690 ... 4029   Go Up
Print
Jump to: