Pages: 1 ... 3679 3680 3681 [3682] 3683 3684 3685 ... 3992   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9168291 times)
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #55215 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 13:32:16 »

Normal service resumed on here then it seems. Goes to show though what a few have said doesn’t it being right. Sign the 2 rumoured defenders and people will be happier again

It’s a piss take though that we are in this position with 2 days before KO it’s not good enough. I still don’t buy the budget thing and thing we will end up with a competitive team but this summer is leaving a bad taste in my mouth

Keep your head in the sand if you must...

Actions speak louder than words....

This pre season is not the season of a team looking to push for promotion...
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #55216 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 13:34:05 »

Scenes when we lose the first game and Flynn says the players haven't had enough time to gel.
DMC

« Reply #55217 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 13:36:47 »

Keep your head in the sand if you must...

Actions speak louder than words....

This pre season is not the season of a team looking to push for promotion...
Isn't that what i just said? If we don't get the players we have been told we will then you were absolutely bang on and i will hold my hands up and apologize. As someone who sponsors the club and knows people on a personal level at the club who have assured me we will make those signings i will be very pissed off we dont

That's not burying my head in the sand it's trusting someone i know over a username on a forum
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #55218 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 13:41:26 »

If you watch Jake Young’s compilation on his twitter, he’s quite out wide and cutting in from the left.
I didn’t go to the Plymouth game but heard that the WB’s won’t need to defend as much due to how the CB and DM are set up.
So maybe he will be playing LWB?
DMC

« Reply #55219 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 13:43:47 »

I hope not

We know what we need and it's smacking us in the face. 2 centre haves and a lb.
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #55220 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 13:45:22 »

If you watch Jake Young’s compilation on his twitter, he’s quite out wide and cutting in from the left.
I didn’t go to the Plymouth game but heard that the WB’s won’t need to defend as much due to how the CB and DM are set up.

That was my thinking, but then a generally forward minded player playing as a wingback was very much like Wakeling so poo poo'd the thought
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #55221 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 13:51:46 »

yup. 2 CB and a lb that are competent at this level probably puts us with 15 reasonable players. Brewitt, minturn, wakeling and one from khan, mcE and Kinsella on bench. And young, who is unknown.

I'm assuming lavinier is gone

I wouldn't say strength in depth and I worry about RHM and Austin over 46. We have cover, but barely.

probably the shittest preseason I can remember tbh, given its a normal season. let's hope the next weeks puts some of that right
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #55222 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 13:54:04 »

Anybody with any hint that the deals are on or off.
I know, it makes no difference but the have we haven't we is boiling my piss I want somethig to get excited over for Saturday
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #55223 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 13:55:56 »

I hope not

We know what we need and it's smacking us in the face. 2 centre haves and a lb.
The centre half’s I’m 100% with you.

We don’t play with full backs though unless I’m reading the formation wrong?
DMC

« Reply #55224 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 13:57:08 »

yup. 2 CB and a lb that are competent at this level probably puts us with 15 reasonable players. Brewitt, minturn, wakeling and one from khan, mcE and Kinsella on bench. And young, who is unknown.

I wouldn't say strength in depth and I worry about RHM and Austin over 46. We have cover, but barely.

probably the shittest preseason I can remember tbh, given its a normal season. let's hope the next weeks puts some of that right
In terms of signings it has been really bad i agree. Last season for atmosphere was worse for me personally, both summers have been filled by negativity and the club only have themselves to blame
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #55225 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 14:02:11 »

Double edged sword.
A couple of us were talking about this on Saturday, massive town with poor support in comparison. I'm not saying everyone should attend the games but why can we only get 9k? The more support we had the better the coffers the better the budget. We often laugh at teams with 2-3000 gates but those sides are local to many more sides in and around Manchester there are plenty to choose from in the NW. Poor from the towns folk too.
If the town back the club the owner(s) will too
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #55226 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 14:03:17 »

thing is, the sensible part of me knows that those who work there are doing everything they can in their power to do the best they can

honestly think it's survival mode for the foreseeable, but at least next year more ooc means more manouverability
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #55227 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 14:05:01 »

Isn't that what i just said? If we don't get the players we have been told we will then you were absolutely bang on and i will hold my hands up and apologize. As someone who sponsors the club and knows people on a personal level at the club who have assured me we will make those signings i will be very pissed off we dont

That's not burying my head in the sand it's trusting someone i know over a username on a forum

As someone who has first hand dealings with people at the club and dealings in the transfer world...

All is not a bed of roses within....

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #55228 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 14:07:07 »

Agree if Austin is going to struggle to play Sat / Tues and RHM still has to be managed carefully due to previous injury's then it may mean we need another up front.

Does Young class as experienced in Flynn's eyes as he has played a couple of season in L2 ?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #55229 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 14:07:33 »

As I did a little digging, given I had no idea who he even was, it seems highly unlikely he would be a LWB option.  He is a central forward who got used out side because he has a bit of pace.  Not a defensive bone in his body based on what little I could find.  He'd be a Barry type of player I think, just lower down the food chain.
Pages: 1 ... 3679 3680 3681 [3682] 3683 3684 3685 ... 3992   Go Up
Print
Jump to: