Pages: 1 ... 3678 3679 3680 [3681] 3682 3683 3684 ... 4085   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9521593 times)
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #55200 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 12:28:44 »

Well, yeah if we sign all the players we want in the positions we need - the squad will look complete.

…but we havent, yet.

Yeah very true, all hinges on those CB’s getting done
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #55201 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 12:31:08 »

It’s a game of gin rummy isn’t it? We had a goodish hand to start but only when others start picking up and discarding cards can you get 3 of one and four of another. How many times have you started out with a decent hand only to see a cpl of cards you thought you needed being put down out of sequence or picked up by someone else without you knowing? Then having to change your hand half way through the game.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #55202 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 12:35:08 »

Quote from: RobertT
I could understand signing Young on a perm deal, he'd be like most of last seasons signings.  Someone who the stats maybe suggest could be more than he is right now.  But, signing him on loan looks weird - why?  it wastes a loan spot we could use for a player much higher up the food chain, that we'd otherwise not afford to have onboard.  Even a loan with an option to buy in Jan or something?  Are we seriously expecting him to be first choice? because you expect to use loan spots on first team talent.

we could have an option on him a la jephcott I suppose.

or we are fucked budget wise and can only pay part wages/can't afford a fee
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #55203 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 12:36:04 »

Much like the town, our squad will be nice when its finished......
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #55204 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 12:36:24 »

Quote from: Legends-Lounge
It’s a game of gin rummy isn’t it? We had a goodish hand to start .

what, second worst points total in STFC div 4 history?

that's not a good starting hand
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #55205 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 12:37:00 »

I could understand signing Young on a perm deal, he'd be like most of last seasons signings.  Someone who the stats maybe suggest could be more than he is right now.  But, signing him on loan looks weird - why?  it wastes a loan spot we could use for a player much higher up the food chain, that we'd otherwise not afford to have onboard.  Even a loan with an option to buy in Jan or something?  Are we seriously expecting him to be first choice? because you expect to use loan spots on first team talent.

Because the spiel about competitive budget was bullshit to sell season tickets so we’re trying to stretch what we do have as much as possible and relying on loans from league 2 clubs (either because cheaper or more battle ready) to fill in the gaps??

I hope this is wrong, btw, and they blow us out the water with talent and depth. But I’m doubting it - there must be Reasonable assumption that the current delays are money related, given the proclivity for haggling that the suits have shown in the past 12 months on the playing operations

Things get better but they never get good
Mooneyraker

« Reply #55206 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 12:41:54 »

As things stand, Operation BEAMISH LINE is looking challenging.

I'm with RobertT... no one can make this deal as a loan make sense to me, unless we are financially absolutely on our uppers and no Prem/Championship team wants to touch us with their loanees.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #55207 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 12:52:49 »

Don't get me wrong, Kemp looks like a good use of a loan move - he has L2 experience and a bit higher and is clearly coming to fill a spot in the first team.  That makes sense as a way to stretch your budget.

It's just the Young transfer looks like taking someone like Wakeling on loan, not even Wakeling in fact.  An oddity that would have made no sense, even for last year.

I'm just left scratching my head about it.  Looking forward to having to eat several humble pies after he scores a hattrick on debut ala Parkin.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #55208 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 12:56:01 »

I have a really odd feeling we may see Wakeling go out on loan.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #55209 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 12:56:35 »

I'm with RobertT... no one can make this deal as a loan make sense to me, unless we are financially absolutely on our uppers and no Prem/Championship team wants to touch us with their loanees.

Here is a young lad who did well enough at FGR to get Bradford to pay a fee for him. Its not worked out there, but he has experience across 3 seasons of league two football.

So we get to loan a player who is still only 22, but has scored goals at this level and has some experience as opposed to loaning Alex Gilbert?

Seems fine to me if you can get a player on loan who improves the squad it doesn't matter where it comes from, and if it allows money to be spent elsewhere then so be it.
Mooneyraker

« Reply #55210 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 12:59:21 »

Don't get me wrong, Kemp looks like a good use of a loan move - he has L2 experience and a bit higher and is clearly coming to fill a spot in the first team.  That makes sense as a way to stretch your budget.

It's just the Young transfer looks like taking someone like Wakeling on loan, not even Wakeling in fact.  An oddity that would have made no sense, even for last year.

I'm just left scratching my head about it.  Looking forward to having to eat several humble pies after he scores a hattrick on debut ala Parkin.

Nothing would make me happier!
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #55211 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 13:01:27 »

I would like these defenders to be announced please. My immediate concern is these opening games and despite people getting happy clappy about Minturn/Brewitt's performance against Plymouth we need better in there asap.

Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #55212 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 13:09:18 »

As I previously said our loans will be lower league loans as Premier league clubs do not want to loan to us as we do not want to pay a high% of wages.

Lower League loans will cost much less as our budget allows.

So the
DMC

« Reply #55213 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 13:17:10 »

Normal service resumed on here then it seems. Goes to show though what a few have said doesn’t it being right. Sign the 2 rumoured defenders and people will be happier again

It’s a piss take though that we are in this position with 2 days before KO it’s not good enough. I still don’t buy the budget thing and thing we will end up with a competitive team but this summer is leaving a bad taste in my mouth
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #55214 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 13:30:30 »

My hope, as always, is this Division is one where a few signings can materially change the ability of your team.

The first team we have now will win some and lose some.

After a run of games we'd likely start to lose more as we can't cover any loss of form, injuries or suspensions.

Four or so first team ready signings and we have a first team that could conceivably compete (the right ones) and a couple more to have back-up would be nice to ensure it can be sustained.
Pages: 1 ... 3678 3679 3680 [3681] 3682 3683 3684 ... 4085   Go Up
Print
Jump to: