Pages: 1 ... 3467 3468 3469 [3470] 3471 3472 3473 ... 3970   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8936877 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #52035 on: Thursday, June 1, 2023, 11:05:59 »

Maybe in the minority here but I’d like to see him be given some game time.

A lot of people saying he’s crap but has he really played enough for us to properly judge?
Appreciate if another club is interested and we have to make a snap decision now - it would be better to take what is on offer and move on but if he’s still here come pre-season…
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #52036 on: Thursday, June 1, 2023, 11:27:14 »

A lot of people saying he’s crap but has he really played enough for us to properly judge?
Appreciate if another club is interested and we have to make a snap decision now - it would be better to take what is on offer and move on but if he’s still here come pre-season…

I'm kind of in agreement with you but whatever happens to Adeloye is now entirely up to whether Flynn (with input from Mildy/Gunning I guess) sees him as an asset for the team/squad for next season. He likes 2 up front so could he work as a target man for Austin, or at least an option from the bench? It's very difficult to judge last season given the way we setup didn't get the most out of our goal scorers overall. (Austin aside, who is clearly still a level above)

That said, If there is interest from Chesterfield and Flynn doesn't have Tomi in his plans then it's probably best we get a nominal fee for him and get a proper replacement in. Given his Club history and that he is now 27 it does appear that the conference, lower league Scotland is very much his ceiling.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #52037 on: Thursday, June 1, 2023, 11:29:43 »

I did think it was a bit harsh on Adeloye that the game after he scored his first goal he was an unused sub and Abu Kanu got on instead. Not great man management that.

But I don't think he's likely to be a major player here, so if we can get rid then great.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #52038 on: Thursday, June 1, 2023, 12:32:02 »

Abu Kanu is putting a lot of self promotion stuff on twitter. I hope he, plus Dworzak and Minturn, get a chance this season - although I think Minturn had his chance last season and did his prospects no harm at all.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #52039 on: Thursday, June 1, 2023, 12:37:42 »

Is Kanu now a full time pro?

I know Minturn and Dworzak  are
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #52040 on: Thursday, June 1, 2023, 12:41:59 »

Yep
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #52041 on: Thursday, June 1, 2023, 12:45:06 »

Kanu is only going into his second year as a scholar now, if he's signed a pro deal it would be a year early (and as yet unannounced).

A cynical part of my brain expects the deployment of the words "undisclosed fee" in his near future.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #52042 on: Thursday, June 1, 2023, 13:29:25 »

Kanu is only going into his second year as a scholar now, if he's signed a pro deal it would be a year early (and as yet unannounced).

A cynical part of my brain expects the deployment of the words "undisclosed fee" in his near future.

If he hasn't signed a pro contract - and nothing on the official site suggests that - then does that mean we can potentially lose him to a bigger club if they do offer him a contract (lets say Brighton for arguments sake) and we'll only get a development fee?

I mean I guess he is on a youth scholar contract, but does that actually mean anything if we want to keep him and another club comes sniffing around?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #52043 on: Thursday, June 1, 2023, 13:36:05 »

For Adeloye, replace that with Adebayo who was also discarded as crap by most of us.

Whatever happened to him I wonder Wink

Mind you, the same could be said about Otomoye, Muskwe & House in recent seasons.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #52044 on: Thursday, June 1, 2023, 13:47:57 »

For Adeloye, replace that with Adebayo who was also discarded as crap by most of us.

Whatever happened to him I wonder Wink

Not really comparing apples with apples there, Adebayo was 19/20 when he was with us and had played 7 league games before joining. He also scored 5 in 25. It would be fair to say that he's done better than expected, but that's not really an argument for giving more opportunities to someone who turns 28 in the middle of next season and is on his 16th club in 9 years.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #52045 on: Thursday, June 1, 2023, 14:49:04 »

Adebayo still looked crap in front of goal! A bit of a handful mind
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #52046 on: Thursday, June 1, 2023, 14:56:59 »

Adebayo was very raw when he came to us, which I guess a lot of strikers that age coming from premier/championship clubs are. IIRC he also played quite a lot on the left rather than through the middle. He was quite a difficult player to tell whether he was actually any good, or a total bambi on ice type player. Fair play to him for where his career has ended up going.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #52047 on: Thursday, June 1, 2023, 15:01:59 »

Not really comparing apples with apples there

A fair point, and I don’t think Adeloye is going to become a decent league footballer, but we do have a tendency to write off players very quickly
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #52048 on: Thursday, June 1, 2023, 15:30:25 »

Agree
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #52049 on: Thursday, June 1, 2023, 15:56:22 »

Chesterfield have enquired about Adeloye.
Would take a swap plus cash for Colclough or Grimes from them TBH.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 3467 3468 3469 [3470] 3471 3472 3473 ... 3970   Go Up
Print
Jump to: