STFC_Gazzza

Cox
« Reply #120 on: Friday, December 28, 2007, 23:09:57 »

Quote from: "pumbaa"
Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"
I still don't rate Cox  Wink

And I don't like you Gary, so there  Crying

It's alright your one of many!  Soapy Tit Wank

On a serious note. I am happy Cox proved me wrong. The guy is quality and I hope we can get him back on loan!
red macca

Cox
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, December 29, 2007, 11:47:14 »

Fitton is in negotiaitions with reading apparantly
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

Cox
« Reply #122 on: Sunday, December 30, 2007, 10:43:20 »

On RS yesterday Fitton did say he had spoke about Cox but as far as he is concerned he will be going back to Reading on 2nd January as described in the deal.

I dont think he will come back to us on loan but I would love to be proved wrong the guy is class at this level.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
STFC_Gazzza

Cox
« Reply #123 on: Monday, December 31, 2007, 08:40:59 »

WDP and Adver say we are trying to sign him permanently. Also says that Reading only want 100K if I read it right.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
Cox
« Reply #124 on: Monday, December 31, 2007, 09:47:59 »

Why was his goal disallowed against Bournemouth? I think we've been mugged there!
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
Cox
« Reply #125 on: Monday, December 31, 2007, 10:34:58 »

Quote from: "Tails"
Why was his goal disallowed against Bournemouth? I think we've been mugged there!

Pretty sure it was a foul but from what I saw, was 50/50 and ref gave it their way.  (Nothing new there)
Summerof69

Ignore
Cox
« Reply #126 on: Monday, December 31, 2007, 12:41:52 »

Can we offer Blair Sturrock in exchange?  Cheesy

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
magic8ball

Cox
« Reply #127 on: Monday, December 31, 2007, 12:51:16 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"

Pretty sure it was a foul but from what I saw, was 50/50 and ref gave it their way.  (Nothing new there)

Just seen the offence in question on the highlights.

Looked like very poor defending in my opinion, a very soft free-kick for the ref to give.
mattboyslim

Cox
« Reply #128 on: Monday, December 31, 2007, 12:56:09 »

Quote from: "magic8ball"
Quote from: "STFCLady"

Just seen the offence in question on the highlights.

Looked like very poor defending in my opinion, a very soft free-kick for the ref to give.

Couldn't agree more, nothing in it whatsoever.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
Cox
« Reply #129 on: Monday, December 31, 2007, 13:10:55 »

thirded.
chalkies_shorts

Cox
« Reply #130 on: Monday, December 31, 2007, 13:35:41 »

If Cox could develop serious piss taking skills and have bugger all regard for the offside law then he could be another Chalkie. He gives 100% and runs the channels really well. He knows where the net is. He really has the potenntial to be something special. I thought he was going to be a big time Charlie but how wrong I was. Against Brighton, you'd never have known he was loan player.
I'd love us to sign him up and watch him develop into another Chalkie - about time we had one.
Chubbs

Ignore
Cox
« Reply #131 on: Monday, December 31, 2007, 14:13:47 »

gave the muff defence a nightmare of a time, best game i have seen him play, would be a miracle if we could sign him up.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
Cox
« Reply #132 on: Monday, December 31, 2007, 14:25:04 »

From the adver:

TOWN have launched an audacious bid to make Simon Cox's stay at the County Ground permanent, while insisting it would be "crazy" to let Peter Brezovan quit Wiltshire any time in the near future.

Joint caretaker boss Ady Williams has revealed negotiations have started with Reading to sign striker Cox full-time and, with the January sales set to start, is keen to keep hold of their only fit senior goalkeeper.

A move for Cox would involve a transfer fee but, with Andrew Fitton's consortium at the helm, Town believe their chances of snaring the young striker for more than just a loan spell are good.

Brezovan, who has been the subject of interest from Leeds United, starred in Saturday's battling 2-2 draw at Bournemouth and Williams believes the giant Slovak is back at the top of his game after almost a year out with a serious arm injury.

He expects more interest from Championship clubs in the next few weeks, with Cardiff City also rumoured to be tracking Brezovan, but with Phil Smith still recovering from a hernia, Williams insists he does expect any imminent move.

Reading loanee Cox is another who is attracting Championship outfit, with former Town boss Paul Sturrock keen to bring him to Plymouth, but Town believe if the price is right they can land their man.

advertisementWilliams said: "Simon has been outstanding for us since he has arrived and we would love to keep him permanently, if not until the end of the season at least.

"Enquiries have been made and the two clubs are speaking. Simon, Reading and ourselves would like to come to an agreement sooner rather than later, but unfortunately these things take longer than anticipated.

"In an ideal world we would like to know what is happening before the Swansea game on Tuesday but it does not always work like that. The Christmas period is difficult to sort these things out."

Fellow caretaker boss Dave Byrne echoed Williams' sentiments about the impact Cox has had on Town's season since arriving from the Royals at the end of August.

He is top scorer with eight goals and with his loan spell coming to an end after tomorrow's home game with Swansea, Byrne is desperate to extend his stay.

He said: "Mr Fitton has said he will get the transfer embargo lifted and it has to be done.

"I have been in contact with two or three clubs about signing players and we are also in negotiations to keep Coxy here permanently.

"I believe our chances are very good provided we can come up with the right package."

I come from a land down-under
STFC_Gazzza

Cox
« Reply #133 on: Monday, December 31, 2007, 15:10:00 »

Cox says he would be a fool to turn down a deal at Swindon

http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10341~1203221,00.html
Chubbs

Ignore
Cox
« Reply #134 on: Monday, December 31, 2007, 15:33:02 »

sounds promising
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: