Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cox  (Read 91146 times)
sonic youth

Cox
« Reply #135 on: Monday, December 31, 2007, 15:37:24 »

ideal opportunity for fitton to endear himself to the fans...

i expect cox might get loan offers from championship clubs, can't see any parting with 100k on the strength of half a season with swindon town. depends whether he wants to try to prove himself for 6 months at a higher level and risk not having a contract at the end of the season.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
Cox
« Reply #136 on: Monday, December 31, 2007, 15:39:18 »

May not mean anything but I hope Sturrock doesn't come sniffing around for him, as Hayles maybe on his way to Leicester

I come from a land down-under
Lumps

Cox
« Reply #137 on: Monday, December 31, 2007, 15:58:51 »

Quote from: "chalkies_shorts"
If Cox could develop serious piss taking skills and have bugger all regard for the offside law then he could be another Chalkie. He gives 100% and runs the channels really well. He knows where the net is. He really has the potenntial to be something special. I thought he was going to be a big time Charlie but how wrong I was. Against Brighton, you'd never have known he was loan player.
I'd love us to sign him up and watch him develop into another Chalkie - about time we had one.

He'd have to sharpen those elbows up a bit if he wanted to really emulate the man. Chalkie was a great one for the sly little dig in the defenders ribs, or up into the solar plexus, just before he received the ball with his back to goal.

However, from what I've seen of Cox he looks a more complete striker than White. A bit more pace, and with a few more options in front of goal. White has admitted that his striking technique was pretty basic, and drilled into him by Macari, "hit it hard, hit it low, hit it early" (or alternatively run between two defenders in the box and go down like you've been hit by a sniper, leaving one arm trailing behind you in a fairly unconvincing manner).

I can't remember many, or indeed any, spectacular volleys, bicycle kicks, or 35 yard rockets from Chalkie. Every time I think of him scoring I either see him harassing defenders into mistakes, robbing the ball, running in on the keeper and scuffing it into the bottom corner, or poking one in from about 3 yards at a corner.

Can anyone remember him scoring a peach at any time in his time with us?
Summerof69

Ignore
Cox
« Reply #138 on: Monday, December 31, 2007, 16:05:58 »

Quote from: "Lumps"

Personally, the two he scored against the Gills in the Play-off final were two peaches.  Cheesy

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Lumps

Cox
« Reply #139 on: Monday, December 31, 2007, 16:28:36 »

Quote from: "Summerof69"
Quote from: "Lumps"

Personally, the two he scored against the Gills in the Play-off final were two peaches.  Cheesy

I know they were important goals, but from what I remember both were from long balls over the top that Chalkie ran on to and finished from inside the box. One a bit of a scuffer into the bottom corner when one on one with the keeper, and the other a more difficult chance from a fairly tight angle. I'm not sure in which order?

Whichever, it fits with what I was trying to say, I don't remember him scoring any really spectacular goals. Not that that's a criticism, a team needs a player like that. I don't remember Gary Lineker scoring much from outside the six yard box either but it didn't seem to do him much harm.
chalkies_shorts

Cox
« Reply #140 on: Monday, December 31, 2007, 17:46:45 »

Away to Millwall he scored a scorcher. I also think he got another scorcher at Watford - but i take your point Lumps. I'm not sure he's pacier than Chalkie. Cox has a lot more to his game but a lot more yet to prove. Hopefully he will and in a Town shirt as well. if we could get him for £100k it would be a steal.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
Cox
« Reply #141 on: Monday, December 31, 2007, 17:55:53 »

Quote from: "SY"

i expect cox might get loan offers from championship clubs, can't see any parting with 100k on the strength of half a season with swindon town. depends whether he wants to try to prove himself for 6 months at a higher level and risk not having a contract at the end of the season.

I agree that it's an excellent opportunity for Fitton to show he really means business - that and turning down all offers for Brez. That would really get the fans buzzing I think.

As a side note, I just saw the Bournemouth goals on STFC World and I cannot see for the life of me why Cox's goal was ruled out.

Big Bad Barry's goal was the best Town goal since Rory's overhead effort against the Slave Traders - FACT!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
Cox
« Reply #142 on: Monday, December 31, 2007, 17:57:17 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"

Big Bad Barry's goal was the best Town goal since Rory's overhead effort against the Slave Traders - FACT!

not FACT! Royce Brownlies was a little bit special against Barnet....
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
Cox
« Reply #143 on: Monday, December 31, 2007, 18:09:52 »

Quote from: "DV"

not FACT! Royce Brownlies was a little bit special against Barnet....

Meh! Fair enough. I'd forgotten that one Shrug I would put it on a par with Brownlie's goal.

Apart from that though........FACT!
JOHNNY REEVES

Cox
« Reply #144 on: Monday, December 31, 2007, 18:13:14 »

evans 30yrd freekick at wrexham was a good tap in.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
Cox
« Reply #145 on: Monday, December 31, 2007, 18:20:06 »

Quote from: "JOHNNY REEVES"

I would still put it just behind the afore mentioned efforts though.

Anywho, that's not the point. The point is that if we can sign Cox permanently and hold on to Brez it will show everyone that Fitton has big cahunas (sp?) and seriously means business.
JOHNNY REEVES

Cox
« Reply #146 on: Monday, December 31, 2007, 18:28:50 »

Quote from: "JOHNNY REEVES"

I would still put it just behind the afore mentioned efforts though.

Anywho, that's not the point. The point is that if we can sign Cox permanently and hold on to Brez it will show everyone that Fitton has big cahunas (sp?) and seriously means business.
got sidetracked,living in the past when i should have been looking forward. Beers
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
Cox
« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2008, 14:58:19 »

I agree that it's an excellent opportunity for Fitton to show he really means business - that and turning down all offers for Brez. That would really get the fans buzzing I think.

As a side note, I just saw the Bournemouth goals on STFC World and I cannot see for the life of me why Cox's goal was ruled out.

any idea if where i can find highlights of this goal?

officially blacker than the night.
magic8ball

Cox
« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2008, 15:29:23 »

Quote from: "strooood"

any idea if where i can find highlights of this goal?

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/leagueonevideo

BUt be quick or they'll put the Swansea highlights on there instead.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
Cox
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2008, 15:30:13 »

Try this for size:

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/leagueonevideo

I take it you mean Bazza's goal against Bournemouth as opposed to Rory's against the Slave Traders.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: