Pages: 1 ... 287 288 289 [290]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 907789 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #4335 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 16:48:52 »

Watched some footage on YouTube which appears to indicate that the crowd reaction to seeing Geddy and Alex on stage again was lukewarm.  Hmmm

I think most of the crowd thought "who the fuck are these?" and didn't appreciate the significance of them playing.

People who know Rush knew it was a big fucking deal.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #4336 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 17:11:15 »

I think most of the crowd thought "who the fuck are these?" and didn't appreciate the significance of them playing.

People who know Rush knew it was a big fucking deal.
It was .
Mega big deal

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #4337 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 17:19:19 »

I hope I get to see them again ...

Nothing to see here
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4338 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 17:24:20 »

Has anyone been to a gig at the Milton Keynes Bowl? Tempted to get Muse tickets for next year but they are A. Pricy and B. I've read it's a soulless pit of a place (the bowl, and I assume Milton Keynes as well!)

I went years ago, was just a grass mound semi circle around the stage area.  Facilities of luxury it is not, but the gig itself was good.  Better view than just being on a flat surface.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #4339 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 05:25:41 »

I went too, shame Carlsberg was the only lager on offer  No

Only marginally better than the piss that rained down when Liam started playing. Why do people do that?!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #4340 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 09:15:09 »

Saw Radiohead and REM at the Bowl long time ago,sound was ok if I remember correctly

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4341 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 09:18:24 »

I went years ago, was just a grass mound semi circle around the stage area.  Facilities of luxury it is not, but the gig itself was good.  Better view than just being on a flat surface.

Cheers, I'm a short arse and would rather watch the gig then film it (I'll probably be in the minority) so view is important for me, trying to find a good vantage point in between the sea of raised arms and phones.

Saw Radiohead and REM at the Bowl long time ago,sound was ok if I remember correctly

Very jealous Adje. I saw Radio head at a music festival in Belgium but sadly missed out on REM. Bet they were tremendous gigs.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #4342 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 10:19:09 »

Cheers, I'm a short arse and would rather watch the gig then film it (I'll probably be in the minority) so view is important for me, trying to find a good vantage point in between the sea of raised arms and phones.

Very jealous Adje. I saw Radio head at a music festival in Belgium but sadly missed out on REM. Bet they were tremendous gigs.
Yeah mate was really good. 96 I think. Miss REM,a much maligned band at the end, but I always loved em, especially mid eighties to nineties

Pages: 1 ... 287 288 289 [290]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: