Pages: 1 ... 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1080242 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #4380 on: Saturday, November 26, 2022, 18:11:20 »

Fontaine's DC tonight. Dad and daughter gig

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4381 on: Saturday, November 26, 2022, 18:27:58 »

I'm guessing you've bought into the TMTCH stream of their Brighton gig tonight for later consumption?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #4382 on: Saturday, November 26, 2022, 18:35:04 »

I'm guessing you've bought into the TMTCH stream of their Brighton gig tonight for later consumption?
Certainly

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #4383 on: Sunday, November 27, 2022, 00:34:13 »

My dad and daughter (plus her boyfriend) gig was Swedish indie popsters Holy Now in Dalston tonight. Excellent.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4384 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2022, 12:13:44 »

When did gig tickets get so expensive, and all the fucking extra's!!

Looking at Poppies tickets for next May in Manchester (still not decided as pretty meh about the support - Collapsed Lung and CUD), £25 a ticket which seems steep, plus £2.50 a ticket 'booking fee' for an entirely online transaction plus £1.60 'delivery fee' for the print at home option!!

I know and accept that gigs don't happen cheaply and everyone involved needs to make a living, but £4.10 for an online booking and the right to print something at home?Huh?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4385 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2022, 13:02:48 »

Poppies ... £25 a ticket which seems steep

You've been living up north too long. Very rare to get much cheaper than that!

I agree the fees are a bit of a mockery but there's little choice.

By comparison Depeche Mode (stadium gig) were about £85 standing IIRC and James (orchestra tour) were £37 cheapest tickets at Bath Forum

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4386 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2022, 13:21:03 »

You've been living up north too long. Very rare to get much cheaper than that!

I agree the fees are a bit of a mockery but there's little choice.

By comparison Depeche Mode (stadium gig) were about £85 standing IIRC and James (orchestra tour) were £37 cheapest tickets at Bath Forum

Oh I know, just fancied a rant!

Think we got a good deal with Jim Bob which was £22 and one of the best gigs I have ever been to!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #4387 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2022, 19:00:06 »

Off to see Gary Delaney tonight
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4388 on: Thursday, December 1, 2022, 10:21:12 »

Off to see Gary Delaney tonight
Saw him 2 weeks ago in Axminster, he will probably play the gig sat down with his leg in plaster, had a chat to him pre gig and he fell over walking Commander Tuvoc.

Less animated due to being sat down but still brilliant, know him quite well and been to about 20 of his gigs previously. I hope Steve Day supported him, another mate who is a brilliant deaf comedian.

EDIT: checked with Steve and yes he did support Gary last night, showed me this pic, can you see yourself? Smiley I had a quick look and cant spot you and your good lady, I know you looked to be about the 4th row back from the stage.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #4389 on: Thursday, December 1, 2022, 15:49:37 »

Saw him 2 weeks ago in Axminster, he will probably play the gig sat down with his leg in plaster, had a chat to him pre gig and he fell over walking Commander Tuvoc.

Less animated due to being sat down but still brilliant, know him quite well and been to about 20 of his gigs previously. I hope Steve Day supported him, another mate who is a brilliant deaf comedian.

EDIT: checked with Steve and yes he did support Gary last night, showed me this pic, can you see yourself? Smiley I had a quick look and cant spot you and your good lady, I know you looked to be about the 4th row back from the stage.

We were in row 5, first two seats on the right side of the aisle as you look at the picture
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4390 on: Thursday, December 1, 2022, 15:54:26 »

We were in row 5, first two seats on the right side of the aisle as you look at the picture
Now you say it, yes I see you peeking round the arms Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4391 on: Friday, December 2, 2022, 13:13:47 »

When did gig tickets get so expensive, and all the fucking extra's!!

Looking at Poppies tickets for next May in Manchester (still not decided as pretty meh about the support - Collapsed Lung and CUD), £25 a ticket which seems steep, plus £2.50 a ticket 'booking fee' for an entirely online transaction plus £1.60 'delivery fee' for the print at home option!!

I know and accept that gigs don't happen cheaply and everyone involved needs to make a living, but £4.10 for an online booking and the right to print something at home?Huh?

So after my moaning, booked it anyway!  Roll Eyes I had forgotten that Collapsed Lung did Eat my Goal
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #4392 on: Sunday, December 4, 2022, 16:14:49 »

Missing the England game tonight as we have tickets to see Paul Chowdhry
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #4393 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 15:51:57 »

Blossoms featuring Mel C, Rick Astley and Miles Kane Saturday after Crawley. At least one part of the day was fun because the shower at 3pm certainly wasn't.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4394 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 16:03:21 »

Blossoms featuring Mel C, Rick Astley and Miles Kane Saturday after Crawley. At least one part of the day was fun because the shower at 3pm certainly wasn't.

That does sound fun, did they do the Smiths thing with Rick Astley at all or was it just pure support?
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: