Pages: 1 ... 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1073075 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #4335 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 16:48:52 »

Watched some footage on YouTube which appears to indicate that the crowd reaction to seeing Geddy and Alex on stage again was lukewarm.  Hmmm

I think most of the crowd thought "who the fuck are these?" and didn't appreciate the significance of them playing.

People who know Rush knew it was a big fucking deal.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #4336 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 17:11:15 »

I think most of the crowd thought "who the fuck are these?" and didn't appreciate the significance of them playing.

People who know Rush knew it was a big fucking deal.
It was .
Mega big deal

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #4337 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 17:19:19 »

I hope I get to see them again ...

Nothing to see here
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4338 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 17:24:20 »

Has anyone been to a gig at the Milton Keynes Bowl? Tempted to get Muse tickets for next year but they are A. Pricy and B. I've read it's a soulless pit of a place (the bowl, and I assume Milton Keynes as well!)

I went years ago, was just a grass mound semi circle around the stage area.  Facilities of luxury it is not, but the gig itself was good.  Better view than just being on a flat surface.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #4339 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 05:25:41 »

I went too, shame Carlsberg was the only lager on offer  No

Only marginally better than the piss that rained down when Liam started playing. Why do people do that?!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #4340 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 09:15:09 »

Saw Radiohead and REM at the Bowl long time ago,sound was ok if I remember correctly

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4341 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 09:18:24 »

I went years ago, was just a grass mound semi circle around the stage area.  Facilities of luxury it is not, but the gig itself was good.  Better view than just being on a flat surface.

Cheers, I'm a short arse and would rather watch the gig then film it (I'll probably be in the minority) so view is important for me, trying to find a good vantage point in between the sea of raised arms and phones.

Saw Radiohead and REM at the Bowl long time ago,sound was ok if I remember correctly

Very jealous Adje. I saw Radio head at a music festival in Belgium but sadly missed out on REM. Bet they were tremendous gigs.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #4342 on: Saturday, September 17, 2022, 10:19:09 »

Cheers, I'm a short arse and would rather watch the gig then film it (I'll probably be in the minority) so view is important for me, trying to find a good vantage point in between the sea of raised arms and phones.

Very jealous Adje. I saw Radio head at a music festival in Belgium but sadly missed out on REM. Bet they were tremendous gigs.
Yeah mate was really good. 96 I think. Miss REM,a much maligned band at the end, but I always loved em, especially mid eighties to nineties

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4343 on: Friday, October 7, 2022, 10:53:35 »

The Undertones & Hugh Cornwell in Oxford tonight.
Should be good.

Also, not keen on stadium gigs but managed to bag a ticket for Depeche Mode at Twickenham next June.
Somewhere in the upper tier, but that's fine.
Bucket list item out of the way.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #4344 on: Friday, October 7, 2022, 11:14:10 »

Dan Reed Trio (formerly Dan Reed Network) playing at level 3 along with a host of other artists for Fatboy’s Charity Event raising funds for giving kids with terminal illness their dream gifts - starts at 1pm with Hells Bells

https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/fatfest2
« Last Edit: Friday, October 7, 2022, 11:20:20 by @MacPhlea » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4345 on: Friday, October 7, 2022, 11:15:05 »

yeah, it was DM that made me comment on the prices in the 'trivial' thread.

going to give it a miss. did see them in the 90s  at Wembley arena I think, so not a bucket list item .
adje

Ignore
« Reply #4346 on: Friday, October 7, 2022, 12:51:21 »

The Undertones & Hugh Cornwell in Oxford tonight.
Should be good.

Also, not keen on stadium gigs but managed to bag a ticket for Depeche Mode at Twickenham next June.
Somewhere in the upper tier, but that's fine.
Bucket list item out of the way.

Saw Hugh Cornwell in August at a festival down here in Kent. Obviously a legend but the years have not been kind to his voice as you might expect. Good band with him and the tunes are still banging. I likened it a bit to watching George Best play for Fulham,you knew he was great once but still good to see him perform live. Let us know what you think

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4347 on: Friday, October 7, 2022, 17:48:01 »

Saw Hugh Cornwell in August at a festival down here in Kent. Obviously a legend but the years have not been kind to his voice as you might expect. Good band with him and the tunes are still banging. I likened it a bit to watching George Best play for Fulham,you knew he was great once but still good to see him perform live. Let us know what you think

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #4348 on: Friday, October 7, 2022, 18:47:23 »

Watched The Snuts last Sunday at the 02, Bristol and Brooke Combe on Monday at Louisiana, Bristol.
Both superb. Brooke Combe is going to be massive.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4349 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 09:25:24 »

Maybe the vocals have lost that raw aggressive edge but to be expected over 40 plus years I guess.
Really good show though. He still clearly enjoys playing & the audience can see & appreciate that.
Solo stuff is good & he's touring again next month.
Always worth a watch.
Plus the drummer looks like Jonny Williams. Moonlighting ahead of sticking a couple in the onion bag this afternoon.
What's not to like.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: