Pages: 1 ... 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1073310 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4185 on: Thursday, March 17, 2022, 09:29:38 »

Joe Jackson on a week Sunday in Portsmouth cancelled so that messes up my weekend away, rescheduled for August when I am in the north so won't get to finally see him now.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4186 on: Thursday, March 17, 2022, 15:53:35 »

Quote from: Peter Venkman
Joe Jackson on a week Sunday in Portsmouth cancelled so that messes up my weekend away, rescheduled for August when I am in the north so won't get to finally see him now.

Dexys tour canned too. humph.
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #4187 on: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 13:57:13 »

Hugh Cornwell and The Undertones last night in Frome.
Hadn't seen Cornwell since leaving The Stranglers. Good set.
I hadn't seen The Undertones before. Enjoyed the old tunes and they sounded great but something missing. Feargal probably.
NMA thursday.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4188 on: Saturday, March 19, 2022, 22:02:58 »

Hugh Cornwell and The Undertones last night in Frome.
Hadn't seen Cornwell since leaving The Stranglers. Good set.
I hadn't seen The Undertones before. Enjoyed the old tunes and they sounded great but something missing. Feargal probably.
NMA thursday.
Used to go everywhere to see Cornwell.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4189 on: Wednesday, March 23, 2022, 10:12:33 »

New Model Army tonight.
Choice between Port Talbot or Frome, so into the valleys it is then.

Nice sunny day for sampling the culture in Abertawe, except that most of the time will probably be spent indoors.
Possibly a source of irritation for the locals that the castle here isn't as impressive as the one down the road.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4190 on: Saturday, March 26, 2022, 11:49:42 »

No football today, so a late decision for a second helping of NMA in Oxford this evening.
When they play these small provincial towns, invariably there are less than half a dozen locals present with everyone else travelling from further afield.

A tip for anyone that ever needs to stay over in Oxford after a gig or for any reason, is that most of the colleges have spare rooms going at a good rate in comparison to b&b's or hotels, even in term time.

Must be 3 years or so since last time in Oxford.
Time is not a friend.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4191 on: Saturday, March 26, 2022, 13:29:25 »

The locals will call it a cosmopolitan City😀

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #4192 on: Saturday, March 26, 2022, 13:56:47 »

Just sorted out tickets to see Primus do 'A Tribute to Kings'

Nothing to see here
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4193 on: Saturday, March 26, 2022, 14:35:26 »

The locals will call it a cosmopolitan City😀

The selfie stick is alive and well in Oxford.

Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4194 on: Saturday, March 26, 2022, 15:26:53 »

The selfie stick is alive and well in Oxford.

Not sure they can afford them in blackbird leys😀

So, give no fucks
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #4195 on: Saturday, March 26, 2022, 19:24:57 »

No football today, so a late decision for a second helping of NMA in Oxford this evening.
When they play these small provincial towns, invariably there are less than half a dozen locals present with everyone else travelling from further afield.

A tip for anyone that ever needs to stay over in Oxford after a gig or for any reason, is that most of the colleges have spare rooms going at a good rate in comparison to b&b's or hotels, even in term time.

Time is not a friend.
Envious Wobbly Bob. NMA were, as usual, top-notch in Frome. Have a great evening.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #4196 on: Sunday, March 27, 2022, 11:02:32 »

Not sure they can afford them in blackbird leys😀

But that won't stop them getting one!

Girl Giggle
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4197 on: Monday, March 28, 2022, 07:50:53 »

Paul Weller at the Brighton Centre on Saturday, rescheduled twice from the original date of October 2020...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4198 on: Monday, March 28, 2022, 08:40:53 »

Time is not a friend.

I went to see White Lies at the O2 Academy in Oxford in Friday night. Great gig with an interesting support called 'VLURE' who are a Scottish band that could have a decent future, their track 'Euphoria' is worth a listen. I've not been to Oxford in a while and have to say that Cowley Road and the surrounding area had a plethora of interesting looking eateries. We plumped for The Coconut Tree on St Clements Road which was a Sri Lankan street food place. Highly recommended, spicy, tasty and different food.

It was great to be back watching live music again after such a long time away.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4199 on: Monday, March 28, 2022, 09:50:01 »

I went to see White Lies at the O2 Academy in Oxford in Friday night. Great gig with an interesting support called 'VLURE' who are a Scottish band that could have a decent future, their track 'Euphoria' is worth a listen. I've not been to Oxford in a while and have to say that Cowley Road and the surrounding area had a plethora of interesting looking eateries. We plumped for The Coconut Tree on St Clements Road which was a Sri Lankan street food place. Highly recommended, spicy, tasty and different food.

It was great to be back watching live music again after such a long time away.

Yeah, a lot of people don't bother, but it's always worth turning up a bit earlier  for the support. Always a chance of catching a gem or two.

Cowley Road has changed a lot since I lived in Oxford in the mid 80's & mainly for the better.
Normally stop off at the Majliss for a good quality meal before a gig.

Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: