Pages: 1 ... 280 281 282 [283] 284 285 286 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1073276 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4230 on: Monday, May 23, 2022, 09:04:41 »

Annoyingly Will leaves the day we start.  Managed to get my hotel rooms for free using my Holiday Inn points which Im surprised they accepted, especially at the Intercontinental hotel. 

Maybe we'll pick up another few shows.  But maybe not overdo it.  6 in 2 days seems ok.
You will probably do more than 6 in 2 days, most shows are free and they are in small spaces and you will be walking past a venue and just decide to go in and give it a go. Its an experience mate.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #4231 on: Saturday, May 28, 2022, 15:33:51 »

Not music, but went to see Chris McCausland last night at the Wyvern. Absolutely superb comedian.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #4232 on: Saturday, May 28, 2022, 15:42:28 »

Thunder at Wembley Arena tonight
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #4233 on: Saturday, June 4, 2022, 15:05:01 »

Watched Liam Gallagher at Knebworth yesterday, with Kasabian supporting.
Liam was on top form, Kasabian were good but just aren’t the same without Tom as lead singer.

Getting out though was awful, won’t ever go back, sat in the car work for 3 hours, nothing was moving.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #4234 on: Saturday, June 4, 2022, 17:53:19 »

Watched Liam Gallagher at Knebworth yesterday, with Kasabian supporting.
Liam was on top form, Kasabian were good but just aren’t the same without Tom as lead singer.

Getting out though was awful, won’t ever go back, sat in the car work for 3 hours, nothing was moving.

Did Etihad Wednesday instead. Charlatans supporting. Both brilliant.

Nice upgrade from Maine Road which was my last trip to a Manchester stadium.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #4235 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 15:00:30 »

Saw The Music reunion show in Leeds on Thursday, supported by The Cribs. A brilliant evening in a brilliant city

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4236 on: Monday, June 6, 2022, 01:12:58 »

Saw The Music reunion show in Leeds on Thursday, supported by The Cribs. A brilliant evening in a brilliant city

Leeds really has a cracking bar and gig culture now. It's reinvented itself a bit in the last 5-10yrs. Likewise Bradford is about to get a bunch of money roll in, seeing as it did pretty good for Liverpool and Hull (despite what several southerners say) as they've just received Capital of Culture status for 2025. About bloody time tbh!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4237 on: Monday, June 6, 2022, 08:10:33 »

That's a blast from the past! I used to like their 'secret' tracks that they would put at the end of their albums. One of them is a 9 minute masterpiece!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #4238 on: Monday, June 6, 2022, 08:14:24 »

I also went, great gig & the nightlife in Leeds was brilliant. Stayed in the centre right next to most of the music bars (stayed at the Wrens), was brilliant. Ended up going to the ''stones roses bar'' Friday night which was just playing Indie bangers all night.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4239 on: Monday, June 6, 2022, 08:18:10 »

Fuck it. Going to O2 (yuck) in Bristol Friday to watch the Wonder Stuff perform Never Loved Elvis. On my own.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4240 on: Monday, June 6, 2022, 09:09:59 »

Didn't realise The Music are back together. What a band. Superb live.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4241 on: Monday, June 6, 2022, 09:19:19 »

Fuck it. Going to O2 (yuck) in Bristol Friday to watch the Wonder Stuff perform Never Loved Elvis. On my own.

They were pretty good when they did the whole double header with Neds a couple of years back, forgotten how much I liked them albeit Miles still came across as a bit of a tit!  Wink
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4242 on: Monday, June 6, 2022, 09:51:36 »

They were pretty good when they did the whole double header with Neds a couple of years back, forgotten how much I liked them albeit Miles still came across as a bit of a tit!  Wink

Glad they were on first - but only saw a bit of the Neds due to having to get back for childcare duties.

Miles can be a bit prickly, but at least he's decent live.

Never Loved Elvis is probably my favourite WS album, so would be rude to miss it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4243 on: Monday, June 6, 2022, 13:50:49 »

Glad they were on first - but only saw a bit of the Neds due to having to get back for childcare duties.

Miles can be a bit prickly, but at least he's decent live.

Never Loved Elvis is probably my favourite WS album, so would be rude to miss it.

Don't have that problem, for me to attend such gigs is a Travelodge experience! When they did the Neds/PWEI double headers I ended up flying solo as my mate who I normally goes with had a family emergency the week before so felt like a right billy no mates!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4244 on: Monday, June 6, 2022, 14:09:58 »

I don't normally have that issue. just that night.

I don't care if I go to a gig on my own, once the music starts is all good
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 282 [283] 284 285 286 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: