Pages: 1 ... 2354 2355 2356 [2357] 2358 2359 2360 ... 2659   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5190395 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #35340 on: Friday, September 3, 2021, 11:04:05 »

I don't understand why some people feel the need to add a picture of themselves all the bloody time on social media.

On Facebook: "Rough day at work today" (Selfie of them at work)

WHY?

I questioned the way human behaviour has changed fairly recently when I was thinking (for whatever reason) about Adrian Mole. Historically people used to keep diaries and what they had been up to in a more secretive way.

When Facebook came along it was a brilliant way to interact with people across the globe, but also to share what you were up to with all and sundry. Of course I like many others did this as well but then one day I was scrolling through and I thought, I don't actually give much of a shit what these people are up to, yes the holiday pictures are nice and oh Joe Soap just got married, lovely. But to FHs point, I completely agree and don't really get it myself. Horses for courses I suppose.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #35341 on: Friday, September 3, 2021, 11:06:05 »

Same here but Bob I don't get it either but each to their own

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35342 on: Monday, September 6, 2021, 07:42:57 »

The scrotes with no brains who tried to vandalise the bus stop not too far from me last night. Thankfully they couldn't couldn't even manage that.

Bus stop 1-0 mindless twats

Flashheart

« Reply #35343 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 08:33:30 »

Being woken up last night with my calf muscle cramping up for no apparent reason. Agonizing, I hope this doesn't become regular.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #35344 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 08:38:24 »

Being woken up last night with my calf muscle cramping up for no apparent reason. Agonizing, I hope this doesn't become regular.

Have you tried taking one of these (dissolved in water) before bed each night.
Flashheart

« Reply #35345 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 08:54:40 »

It's the first time it's happened.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35346 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 10:09:31 »

It's the first time it's happened.

The joys of excercise.

Make sure you hydrate properly
Flashheart

« Reply #35347 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 10:20:49 »

The joys of excercise.

Aye.

It also coincides with the first day I had an exercise session in the evening as well as the morning. I'll have to nip that in the bud if it's going to be a regular occurrence.

Annoying. Doing my best and the very body that I'm trying to help is being a dick about it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #35348 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 10:27:38 »

Aye.

It also coincides with the first day I had an exercise session in the evening as well as the morning. I'll have to nip that in the bud if it's going to be a regular occurrence.

Annoying. Doing my best and the very body that I'm trying to help is being a dick about it.

Just make sure you hydrate, get electrolytes into your body, plus they are pretty good for hangovers as well.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #35349 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 10:36:11 »

Aye.

Drop a High5 (or whatever brand you can get) Magnesium salt tab into a pint of water post workout for any eleviance of cramps. They come in preferred flavours so just choose one that appeals to yourself. Depending on when your workout was, have another one just before bed. The cramps (in my experience) tend to happen when you've become your most relaxed and out of nowhere.

Also magnesium spray is good straight after. Back of the tongue, couple of sprays.

I do plenty of medium to longish distance hiking so know how cramps can be a pain post exercise. The above suggestion should help. Keep on with the good progress though, you appear to be doing great!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #35350 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 10:57:39 »

I'll have a butcher's, cheers.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #35351 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 11:29:42 »

Another month delay on the white hart roundabout road works!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35352 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 11:58:20 »

I used to get his after a night on the booze.

Not that I was ever a heavy drinker but headaches, nope. Dodgy stomach, nope. Cramp on both my calves in the early hours of the morning. You fucking bet.

I’m trying to jump out of bed and stand up but can’t because both my calves are cramping.

Think it was a dehydration issue...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #35353 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 12:04:25 »

Another month delay on the white hart roundabout road works!

Of course the other option would have been to pay someone to just tarmac over the crumbling road surface and just fuck off. Then come back again in a year or two, pay someone to resurface it. Then come back again in a year or two, pay someone to resurface it. Then come back again in a year or two, pay someone to resurface it. See a theme developing here? The other option would have been to just leave it as it was, an assault course, then wait for the EVD to take place and continue to ignore. Either way the council (who I have no real faith in TBH), Highways agencies and contractors would be facing the wrath of Karen and Ryan from FB and the usual tossers from the Adver comments keyboard massive spouting their usual claptrap. Civil engineering on Virgin ground is a piece of piss, on existing substrates, not a piece of piss.

I give you the bitching about J16, works wonderfully now. Same goes for the Moonies junction. Much better, oh there’ll still be traffic delays but that junction is what it is and unless traffic use declines it will always be a pinch point. It’s called progress, wether you think it it is no not it is. The town is not going to get smaller and traffic is going to get worse. With EV’s the pollution will decline eventually but the volume won’t.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35354 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 12:12:14 »

But whenever I go past the many Roadworks in town there is never anyone working on them. Mead Way, already closed for 17 months. Progress, as you put it, doesn't seem to apply here.
Pages: 1 ... 2354 2355 2356 [2357] 2358 2359 2360 ... 2659   Go Up
Print
Jump to: