Pages: 1 ... 2356 2357 2358 [2359] 2360 2361 2362 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5066573 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #35370 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 16:45:32 »

Not one moan about the National Insurance contributions increasing by 1.25% next April😀

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #35371 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 16:55:40 »

I preferred Bruce street the way it was with two smaller roundabouts😀

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35372 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 17:42:13 »

Smiley
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #35373 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 17:43:05 »

Not one moan about the National Insurance contributions increasing by 1.25% next April😀

Nope. None from me having seen the family home sold to pay for my step mothers care while my wife’s father has to pay fuck all.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #35374 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 17:44:53 »

Same here and stories like that are rife across the country and heartbreaking.

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #35375 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 20:02:08 »

Re roadworks - my moan is not the delay, I prefer them to get it right first time..  my moan is the planning of doing these all at the same time causing the town into gridlock.  You literally can't drive much more than a mile in Swindon at the moment without running into roadworks..

I live in Faringdon, so the White Hart is a massive pain in the arse, but it needs doing so do it, but..  then don't have roadworks in Highworth, have roadworks at Junction 15, have roadworks at Covingham, have roadworks on Oxford road, roadworks at Dorcan, roadworks on Dockle roundabout, roadworks at Tescos all at the same fucking time..  surely there is a better way to plan and stagger these things..

It makes just getting into Swindon a real challenge depending on what time of the day it is..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35376 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 20:28:37 »

Re roadworks - my moan is not the delay, I prefer them to get it right first time..  my moan is the planning of doing these all at the same time causing the town into gridlock.  You literally can't drive much more than a mile in Swindon at the moment without running into roadworks..

I live in Faringdon, so the White Hart is a massive pain in the arse, but it needs doing so do it, but..  then don't have roadworks in Highworth, have roadworks at Junction 15, have roadworks at Covingham, have roadworks on Oxford road, roadworks at Dorcan, roadworks on Dockle roundabout, roadworks at Tescos all at the same fucking time..  surely there is a better way to plan and stagger these things..

It makes just getting into Swindon a real challenge depending on what time of the day it is..

Does feel like they are everywhere at the moment.

I wonder if all the roadworks at the same time is just bad planning or a bit of a COVID knock on.
Like due to the pandemic were some of these projects put back till people could actually go to work?
Does SBC have to spend their budget in order to keep it but hasn’t spent it during lockdown so are trying to spend it ASAP?
Are certain kinds of labourers that desperate to win contracts coming out of the pandemic that they are all possibly trying to undercut each other on price and SBC are taking advantage of that.

Could just be a huge amount of workforce desperate to get back earning and thus more workers available so more projects can be done

...or it could just be piss poor planning
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #35377 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 20:39:23 »

Does feel like they are everywhere at the moment.

I wonder if all the roadworks at the same time is just bad planning or a bit of a COVID knock on.
Like due to the pandemic were some of these projects put back till people could actually go to work?
Does SBC have to spend their budget in order to keep it but hasn’t spent it during lockdown so are trying to spend it ASAP?
Are certain kinds of labourers that desperate to win contracts coming out of the pandemic that they are all possibly trying to undercut each other on price and SBC are taking advantage of that.

Could just be a huge amount of workforce desperate to get back earning and thus more workers available so more projects can be done

You are probably right, but surely it's the council planners job to work on behalf of the people living in it's area to plan sensibly and not make everyone's life a misery - isn't that what we pay for?

If I planned my teams workload like this council plan their schedules, I would be out of a job right now.  Everyone is having to deal with the COVID issue, lot's of businesses have to deal with budget time constraints and deadlines - not many businesses would plan within constraints ahead of how it will affect their paying constituents.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #35378 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 23:17:58 »

High 5 zero's are what I was babbling on about in my post suggesting 'try these', but on reading back I note I forgot to post the link.

Me and the missus go through shed loads of these (to such an extent that we now buy the big boxes of tubes) not only....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HIGH5-ZERO-Pink-Grapefruit-8x20/dp/B007PF8HHG/ref=sxts_rp_s1_0

Yeah, I just read back myself and realised you were meaning something similar and not purely Alka Seltzer (although that'd do a similar job, sans flavour).

Like Mrs H and yourself, I buy the High5 "Comp/Event Packs" as you get a good chunk of stuff in them (except I keep giving away the bottles!) but do so when they drop the price. About 5-10 packs keep me going throughout the year when I have as longish hike day of anything around 20mi+. Instant recovery juice/tabs/gels/and shakes.

I would potentially like to do a hiking version of Marathon Des Sables sometime so building up longer distance into frequency, coupled with shorter recovery time is in progress. I know I can walk 30mi quite easily with only the negligible of aches (and my recovery is good, poss one day at present after an average pace in the high 3mph to pretty much 4mph which I know is very decent and consistent) but MdS obviously brings into it the shorter recovery window, coupled with compounded fatiguing and injury.

Have a massive ton of respect for anyone who has hobbled/crawled/etc their way to that achievement and even to those who have purely tried do complete it.

Anyway, Marathon Hike for charity coming up in little over a week and then have an 80mi hike planned too more locally. Aiming for 20mi per day so that'll give a good indicator of my current recovery status. Nice to complete near on 4 Marathon distance hikes, on the trot and be in a fairly decent state. I'll definitely be preparing an ice bath though!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #35379 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 02:28:35 »

Potholes - what a bunch of cunts they are… just spent £500 having my alloys refurbished and travelling along Bushton Road which has just been  ‘resurfaced’ to discover a potholes that they ignored and just filled with gravel 6 weeks ago and now the gravel has vacated exposing a 6 inch deep pothole that has shredded two tyres and cracked two wheels so now have another £700 to fork out (they’re custom 22” so not fucking cheap!).

https://vv2u.co/7PO8qq

Insurance claim in with WCC for their incompetence (not for the first time on this shitty bit of road either)
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35380 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 06:16:36 »

I don't get this at all....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58473802

I like most have signed an employment contract to work specific hours etc. I would have thought my company would be within their rights to refuse me different working hours if I requested them? What's the point of the contract then?
As for the company funded trip  Roll Eyes
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #35381 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 07:11:03 »

Nope. None from me having seen the family home sold to pay for my step mothers care while my wife’s father has to pay fuck all.
In exactly the same position mate but the money's got to come from somewhere. No complaints from me.  NHS Have been brilliant throughout,  next thing is surely to make sure the staff are adequately rewarded. 

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #35382 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 07:38:53 »

In exactly the same position mate but the money's got to come from somewhere. No complaints from me.  NHS Have been brilliant throughout,  next thing is surely to make sure the staff are adequately rewarded. 

No, to make sure the extra money is used effectively, efficiently, in the right way and not spunked up against the wall in a colossus of a system that is a bottomless pit. Otherwise it’s taking the piss out of everyone who has had to pay the extra NI in the first place. I’m not confidant it will, government systems whichever colour rosette controls them have a perfect track record of not getting the same % return as the commercial sector. It will not be the last tax rise sadly, I’ve been saying for months that at some point either tax will rise or budgets cut to pay for the Covid pandemic. There is no such thing as free money or a free lunch. And before any of you start your politicking over this governments handling of covid I’d put everything I own on the odds that the ‘other lot’ would have done no better. Reason being it is the way politicians work and the system is such that that is how it always is.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35383 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 07:42:29 »

They should increase the UEL and the UEL rate first  Roll Eyes
Hitting all of us in the middle again.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #35384 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 07:48:35 »

Potholes - what a bunch of cunts they are… just spent £500 having my alloys refurbished and travelling along Bushton Road which has just been  ‘resurfaced’ to discover a potholes that they ignored and just filled with gravel 6 weeks ago and now the gravel has vacated exposing a 6 inch deep pothole that has shredded two tyres and cracked two wheels so now have another £700 to fork out (they’re custom 22” so not fucking cheap!).

https://vv2u.co/7PO8qq

Insurance claim in with WCC for their incompetence (not for the first time on this shitty bit of road either)

Cracked alloys? Try falling off your bike and breaking your neck on one!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 2356 2357 2358 [2359] 2360 2361 2362 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: