Pages: 1 ... 2355 2356 2357 [2358] 2359 2360 2361 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5066444 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #35355 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 12:14:49 »

The annoying thing about the white hart roadworks is that why wasn't a survey done? The contractors just seem to have come across these issues by chance...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #35356 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 12:34:51 »

The annoying thing about the white hart roadworks is that why wasn't a survey done? The contractors just seem to have come across these issues by chance...

Do you know there wasn't a survey done?

I only ask as we are on some sort of LA tendering portal thingy and as one of the boxes we have to tick to pick up planning/heritage consultancy work is 'construction'. Very often road survey and repair works pop up and there seems to be such a contract available from Swindon BC at least once a week on there!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #35357 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 12:38:39 »

Drop a High5 (or whatever brand you can get) Magnesium salt tab into a pint of water post workout for any eleviance of cramps. They come in preferred flavours so just choose one that appeals to yourself. Depending on when your workout was, have another one just before bed. The cramps (in my experience) tend to happen when you've become your most relaxed and out of nowhere.

Also magnesium spray is good straight after. Back of the tongue, couple of sprays.

I do plenty of medium to longish distance hiking so know how cramps can be a pain post exercise. The above suggestion should help. Keep on with the good progress though, you appear to be doing great!

High 5 zero's are what I was babbling on about in my post suggesting 'try these', but on reading back I note I forgot to post the link.

Me and the missus go through shed loads of these (to such an extent that we now buy the big boxes of tubes) not only when I am on my bike but also after heavy nights on the happy juice or just days when you realise you haven't drunk enough fluids. Strongly recommend the pink grapefruit, but each to their own.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HIGH5-ZERO-Pink-Grapefruit-8x20/dp/B007PF8HHG/ref=sxts_rp_s1_0
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #35358 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 13:24:07 »

Are you for real? You actually think that no survey was done?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35359 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 13:33:37 »

Well, you think a high water table would have been spotted during a survey  Smiley
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #35360 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 13:36:23 »

But whenever I go past the many Roadworks in town there is never anyone working on them. Mead Way, already closed for 17 months. Progress, as you put it, doesn't seem to apply here.

Yes it does. All improvements are progressive. Often the main contractors are waiting for utilities companies to turn up and help with the contract. Mead way is classic example of a perfect storm. After the initially surveys and tendering process has been completed (My wife does a lot of document work for her company who 90% of the time have to go through councils, NHS and suchlike), which is a box ticking exercise along with pertinent actual works questions the winning contractor will have to work with the various utilities to coordinate the schedule of works, which will have completions deadlines and penalties, along with unforeseen circumstances regarding additional cost written into them. The problem with Mead Way was the discovery of undeclared and documented cables and pipes, which coincided with the start of covid lockdown and staff furlough. This would effect all the contractors staff, subcontractors and utilities staff. That is where the delays have mainly come from as I understand it. Notwithstanding the extra physical work for the subterranean work. Just because it’s taken so long and over budget does not mean it’s not progression. Fucking inconvenience I’ll give you that but not nonprogressive.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #35361 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 13:38:01 »

Well, you think a high water table would have been spotted during a survey  Smiley

Not in the summer 😁 if you’re that bent out of shape over it, go ask them the question and while you’re there maybe offer to chip in with some public spirited FOC labour. PS. I have not yet read the article, I may if I have time but you know, there is fuck they can do about unforeseen circumstances, that is why they are errr, unforeseen? Neither can you or I for that matter. Time to move on I think, I’m harvesting my greenhouse tomatoes. On unforeseen circumstances you don’t happen to have the number for Dolmio or Napolina do you?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 13:42:10 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35362 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 13:44:45 »

It is summer, they spotted it now  Wink
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #35363 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 13:55:13 »

It is summer, they spotted it now  Wink

Looks like it 😉 I think they should be applauded for spotting it, considering the summer months would see it at its lowest point. Something the original contractors didn’t 😉
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 13:57:31 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #35364 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 14:04:38 »

Hopefully Legends Lounge's toms will be aphid free.

Speaking of vegetables, has anyone else noticed a reduction in the general quality & value of supermarket bought veg?
Was chopping a Tesco bought green pepper in prep for last Sunday lunch and found a very much alive caterpillar inside it.
The bit with the seeds looked a bit worse for wear but managed to cut all of the crap bits away.
Also noticed that a sealed pack of Tesco leeks at 500g now contains 2 and not 3.
Leaning towards a grow your own approach for next year.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #35365 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 14:22:58 »

Yes Asda and Morrisons are the same, poor quality inflated prices and shelf life a lot shorter than years ago. We also tried to buy some fresh carrots with the tops from Asda the same as the ones advertised in store only to be told we don't actually sell them!

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #35366 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 15:25:49 »

Hopefully Legends Lounge's toms will be aphid free.

Speaking of vegetables, has anyone else noticed a reduction in the general quality & value of supermarket bought veg?
Was chopping a Tesco bought green pepper in prep for last Sunday lunch and found a very much alive caterpillar inside it.
The bit with the seeds looked a bit worse for wear but managed to cut all of the crap bits away.
Also noticed that a sealed pack of Tesco leeks at 500g now contains 2 and not 3.
Leaning towards a grow your own approach for next year.

Hopefully Legends Lounge's toms will be aphid free. Yes they are. Though a few that are over ripe and split have attracted the fruit flies and I noticed some minute maggots. Still straight into the pot for boiling down, blitzing, sieving and pasata for the winter soups and stews.

Tomato’s are a fruit.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #35367 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 15:54:40 »

Tomato’s are a fruit.

Bah, botanically yes, but have you ever seen a tomato in a fruit salad recipe?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35368 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 16:07:20 »

Are you for real? You actually think that no survey was done?

I think I'd have more sympathy if every single sodding roadworks in Swindon didn't overrun after finding at least one sort of 'survey' related issue. Water table, pipes in the wrong place, electrical cables too close, etc, etc.

Oh yeah. The J16 roadworks went well. I assume they were nothing to do with SBC
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #35369 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 16:32:35 »

I think I'd have more sympathy if every single sodding roadworks in Swindon didn't overrun after finding at least one sort of 'survey' related issue. Water table, pipes in the wrong place, electrical cables too close, etc, etc.

Oh yeah. The J16 roadworks went well. I assume they were nothing to do with SBC

Does it matter? The moaning minis moaned like fuck about it. It is done now and works perfectly well, as will the Moonies, as will the Meads and as will The White Hart and as does Bruce St for that matter. I’d rather they over run for whatever reason than not work at all.
Pages: 1 ... 2355 2356 2357 [2358] 2359 2360 2361 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: