Pages: 1 ... 3421 3422 3423 [3424] 3425 3426 3427 ... 3981   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9092823 times)
kaufman

« Reply #51345 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 20:54:58 »

I get the bashing for SDM.
FBT, Hutton, Khan, Lavinier, Wakeling, Angus & Clayton have shown me enough that he's getting some of it right.
transfer wise. Brynn was a masterstroke.

Sandro gets a list and then goes through it with the head coach as he's mentioned a few times in interviews. If Morris sticks around for the summer transfer window, I'd be guessing most fans would trust his judgement on who he feels Sandro needs to get from that list.

I just hope Morris gives himself a full season with an team around with he's at least happy with. The guy gives me Wellens vibes in a positive way.

Ah nuts, I've become what i've hated, people who don't post rumours on the rumours thread.
I'll make a prediction that we will see 2 signings this week.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 21:22:30 by kaufman » Logged
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #51346 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 21:25:07 »

I don’t think as much of Hutton has others seem too.
He was poor at the beginning of the season, which is why Lavinier was brought in. He improved just before the transfer window and during it, but hasn’t been great since.
I’d say he’s had a lot more poor games than he has good.

Lavinier is head and shoulders above him, in my opinion.

Brynn, FBT, Clayton and Lavinier have been his only ‘good’ signings in my opinion.
Wakeling will be better next year, has been very inconsistent, as hopefully will Cain.
Khan is a good player but a liability.
Darcy, Shade and Brennan are squad fillers, but not players you want starting every game.
Hasnt worked out at all for Harries and Jephcott.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #51347 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 21:26:55 »

Spot on and well summarised.

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #51348 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 21:43:24 »

I don’t think as much of Hutton has others seem too.
He was poor at the beginning of the season, which is why Lavinier was brought in. He improved just before the transfer window and during it, but hasn’t been great since.
I’d say he’s had a lot more poor games than he has good.

Lavinier is head and shoulders above him, in my opinion.

Brynn, FBT, Clayton and Lavinier have been his only ‘good’ signings in my opinion.
Wakeling will be better next year, has been very inconsistent, as hopefully will Cain.
Khan is a good player but a liability.
Darcy, Shade and Brennan are squad fillers, but not players you want starting every game.
Hasnt worked out at all for Harries and Jephcott.

I agree on Lavinier - he has much more about him as a full back.

I'd say him and FBT are the two signings you'd take if you were looking at players ready to compete for first team minutes in a promotion chasing team in this Division (Austin and Tomlinson seem like players signed by Clem/because they were here before).  Even the good ones beyond that are really for development, sprinkle them on top a starting XI to provide options, strength in depth and some future talent above their current level.  Even FBT, who is good, is not a stand out L2 player who is going to end up in the team of the year - he just looks better for us because everyone around him is so raw (I mean, he's not that experienced at league football himself).

People may have been happy to see McKirdy, Gladwin, Reed, Conroy etc, leave - the problem is we lost all their years of game management, experience of handling situations, the been there and done it, and some decent L2 level talent to boot.  Were they a combined unit likely to storm the top 3, probnably not, did they need improving upon, absolutely.  Did we do that, fuck no.  We put together a squad of nearly 30 players or so, all much of a muchness, rough and raw.  Sometimes they look good, sometimes they look "green" - it's to be expected.  I just don't think I've seen an entire squad built that way before.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #51349 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 21:48:15 »

And before someone has a pop - yes we are only 3 points behind the same number of games last season - a season where we went on a run to nail down the spot in the play offs, and a season where we had a lot of slack because of what went before.  It was not a good enough season!

Also, yes, this is about Transfer Rumours- hopefully we sign a Centre Back with some experience between the ears and talent enough to support a promotion chasing team (could do with a midfielder as well!).
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #51350 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 21:51:02 »

Hutton reminds me a bit of Jon Paul McGovern, excellent cross on him and when he's on, looks miles above the division, but has a habit of going missing altogether. A generation ago he'd have been a winger, and in a Sturrock type get crosses in at the big man team he'd be key. I'm not sure he really suits our style, but still looks good when he's having an on day.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #51351 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 21:56:09 »

Our game management was atrocious last season with all those experienced pros you’ve mentioned above.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #51352 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 22:01:04 »

You all need to look back at the comments you were posting about our signings last season, because there's a shit load of Captain Hindsight going on here. I can't remember anyone thinking Mckirdy was a good signing, because frankly he wasn't. Piss poor goal return, trouble everywhere he played, barely started a first team game last season. Bargain basement free transfer.

No-one rated the forward line. Everyone hitched about the number of loans. Everyone thought Gladwin was a crock. Most of you spent the first half of the season moaning we didn't have a traditional big lump no 9. Then when we signed Davies hitched that he was shit.

But as soon as he signed for Dons in the summer we had missed out. I

As for Sandro ask yourselves what brief he's been given. If he was told to find young talent to develop and sell on then he looks to be doing ok. I assume he was as he keeps saying that's his job and no-one is correcting him.

..never go back.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #51353 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 22:06:48 »

The thing I’m wondering more is what happens at the end of the year?

Many of those brought in have been until season’s end. Wonder how many will be offski?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #51354 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 22:13:30 »

You all need to look back at the comments you were posting about our signings last season, because there's a shit load of Captain Hindsight going on here. I can't remember anyone thinking Mckirdy was a good signing, because frankly he wasn't. Piss poor goal return, trouble everywhere he played, barely started a first team game last season. Bargain basement free transfer.

No-one rated the forward line. Everyone hitched about the number of loans. Everyone thought Gladwin was a crock. Most of you spent the first half of the season moaning we didn't have a traditional big lump no 9. Then when we signed Davies hitched that he was shit.

As for Sandro ask yourselves what brief he's been given. If he was told to find young talent to develop and sell on then he looks to be doing ok. I assume he was as he keeps saying that's his job and no-one is correcting him.
Davison it's Davison...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #51355 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 02:43:49 »

Our game management was atrocious last season with all those experienced pros you’ve mentioned above.

Who were ultimately not good enough and we didn't improve upon them.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #51356 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 02:45:53 »

Last season wasn't good enough - it had the context of a shit show before it so some slack is give.  Davison was and is not good enough for a top three chasing team in this division if he is your only striker.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #51357 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 06:02:50 »

It’s difficult to assess the quality of a player if the manager/coach at the time hasn’t got a fucking clue. Does anyone think Lindsey would have got that team on Saturday to earn a point? These are, mainly, young and inexperienced players who should only get better. We’re not heavily reliant on loans which falsely ups the quality in the short term but has no long term benefit.

I believe we are on the right path.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #51358 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 07:28:21 »

It’s difficult to assess the quality of a player if the manager/coach at the time hasn’t got a fucking clue. Does anyone think Lindsey would have got that team on Saturday to earn a point? These are, mainly, young and inexperienced players who should only get better. We’re not heavily reliant on loans which falsely ups the quality in the short term but has no long term benefit.

I believe we are on the right path.
I disagree that we are on the right path on the pitch, as it's heading towards one of our lowest ever finishes.    The squad is too young and too imbalanced.    What we need is an experienced core of 5 or 6 who can help develop a smaller pool of gems with some loans to fill the gaps and keep costs down.

You sell players for more if they win games, noone buys players for big bucks from crap teams.

This year has been scattergun at best, kid in a sweet shop approach, with no apparent overarching strategy other than making sure they are young.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #51359 on: Monday, March 6, 2023, 07:45:21 »

I’m looking beyond this season. Morris is a huge upgrade on Lindsey. He’s had little to no input into our squad. We already have a decent sprinkling of players ready for next season. Add to that and we’ll be good to go.
Pages: 1 ... 3421 3422 3423 [3424] 3425 3426 3427 ... 3981   Go Up
Print
Jump to: